Cultural discount of cinematic achievement: the academy awards and U.S. movies’ East Asian box office
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bruce Kogut & Harbir Singh, 1988. "The Effect of National Culture on the Choice of Entry Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 19(3), pages 411-432, September.
- W. Wayne Fu & Tracy Lee, 2008. "Economic and Cultural Influences on the Theatrical Consumption of Foreign Films in Singapore," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-27.
- Morris Holbrook & Michela Addis, 2008. "Art versus commerce in the movie industry: a Two-Path Model of Motion-Picture Success," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 87-107, June.
- W. D. Walls & A. DeVany, 2007.
"Estimating the effects of movie piracy on box-office revenue,"
2014-56, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 23 Sep 2014.
- Arthur Vany & W. Walls, 2007. "Estimating the Effects of Movie Piracy on Box-office Revenue," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 291-301, June.
- Mark Baimbridge, 1997. "Movie admissions and rental income: the case of James Bond," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 57-61.
- Oded Shenkar, 2001. "Cultural Distance Revisited: Towards a More Rigorous Conceptualization and Measurement of Cultural Differences," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 32(3), pages 519-535, September.
- Thorsten Hennig-Thurau & Mark Houston & Gianfranco Walsh, 2007. "Determinants of motion picture box office and profitability: an interrelationship approach," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 65-92, April.
- Jeongho Oh, 2001. "International Trade in Film and the Self-Sufficiency Ratio," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 31-44.
- David A. Reinstein & Christopher M. Snyder, 2005. "THE INFLUENCE OF EXPERT REVIEWS ON CONSUMER DEMAND FOR EXPERIENCE GOODS: A CASE STUDY OF MOVIE CRITICS -super-* ," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 27-51, 03.
- Peter Boatwright & Suman Basuroy & Wagner Kamakura, 2007. "Reviewing the reviewers: The impact of individual film critics on box office performance," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 401-425, December.
- Anita Elberse & Jehoshua Eliashberg, 2003. "Demand and Supply Dynamics for Sequentially Released Products in International Markets: The Case of Motion Pictures," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(3), pages 329-354.
- Waterman, David, 1988. "World television trade : The economic effects of privatization and new technology," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 141-151, June.
- Nelson, Randy A, et al, 2001. "What's an Oscar Worth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(1), pages 1-16, January.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Eva Deuchert & Kossi Adjamah & Florian Pauly, 2005. "For Oscar Glory Or Oscar Money?," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 159-176, August.
- Sang-Woo Lee, 2002. "An Economic Analysis of the Movie Industry in Japan," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 125-139.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:33:y:2009:i:4:p:239-263. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.