Cultural discount of cinematic achievement: the academy awards and U.S. movies’ East Asian box office
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 33 (2009)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.culturaleconomics.org/
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/journal/10824/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anita Elberse & Jehoshua Eliashberg, 2003. "Demand and Supply Dynamics for Sequentially Released Products in International Markets: The Case of Motion Pictures," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(3), pages 329-354.
- Mark Baimbridge, 1997. "Movie admissions and rental income: the case of James Bond," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 57-61.
- Bruce Kogut & Harbir Singh, 1988. "The Effect of National Culture on the Choice of Entry Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 411-432, September.
- W. Wayne Fu & Tracy Lee, 2008. "Economic and Cultural Influences on the Theatrical Consumption of Foreign Films in Singapore," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 1-27.
- David A. Reinstein & Christopher M. Snyder, 2005. "THE INFLUENCE OF EXPERT REVIEWS ON CONSUMER DEMAND FOR EXPERIENCE GOODS: A CASE STUDY OF MOVIE CRITICS -super-," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(1), pages 27-51, 03.
- Oded Shenkar, 2001. "Cultural Distance Revisited: Towards a More Rigorous Conceptualization and Measurement of Cultural Differences," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(3), pages 519-535, September.
- Jeongho Oh, 2001. "International Trade in Film and the Self-Sufficiency Ratio," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 31-44.
- Eva Deuchert & Kossi Adjamah & Florian Pauly, 2005. "For Oscar Glory Or Oscar Money?," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 29(3), pages 159-176, August.
- Nelson, Randy A, et al, 2001. "What's an Oscar Worth?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 39(1), pages 1-16, January.
- Morris Holbrook & Michela Addis, 2008. "Art versus commerce in the movie industry: a Two-Path Model of Motion-Picture Success," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(2), pages 87-107, June.
- Sang-Woo Lee, 2002. "An Economic Analysis of the Movie Industry in Japan," Journal of Media Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 125-139.
- S. Illeris & G. Akehurst, 2002. "Introduction," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 1-3, January.
- Waterman, David, 1988. "World television trade : The economic effects of privatization and new technology," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 141-151, June.
- Peter Boatwright & Suman Basuroy & Wagner Kamakura, 2007. "Reviewing the reviewers: The impact of individual film critics on box office performance," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 401-425, December.
- Arthur Vany & W. Walls, 2007.
"Estimating the Effects of Movie Piracy on Box-office Revenue,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 30(4), pages 291-301, June.
- W. D. Walls & A. DeVany, "undated". "Estimating the effects of movie piracy on box-office revenue," Working Papers 2014-56, Department of Economics, University of Calgary, revised 23 Sep 2014.
- Thorsten Hennig-Thurau & Mark Houston & Gianfranco Walsh, 2007. "Determinants of motion picture box office and profitability: an interrelationship approach," Review of Managerial Science, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 65-92, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)