Tensions in Corporate Sustainability: Towards an Integrative Framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bertrand Zuindeau, 2007. "Territorial Equity and Sustainable Development," Environmental Values, White Horse Press, vol. 16(2), pages 253-268, May.
- Jijun Gao & Pratima Bansal, 2013. "Instrumental and Integrative Logics in Business Sustainability," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 241-255.
- Goerner, Sally J. & Lietaer, Bernard & Ulanowicz, Robert E., 2009. "Quantifying economic sustainability: Implications for free-enterprise theory, policy and practice," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 76-81, November.
- Tobias Hahn & Frank Figge, 2011. "Beyond the Bounded Instrumentality in Current Corporate Sustainability Research: Toward an Inclusive Notion of Profitability," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 325-345.
- Sandra Rothenberg, 2003. "Knowledge Content and Worker Participation in Environmental Management at NUMMI," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(7), pages 1783-1802, November.
- Jeffery Bentley, 1994. "Facts, fantasies, and failures of farmer participatory research," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 11(2), pages 140-150, March.
- Stephen Fineman, 1996. "Green Stakeholders: Industry Interpretations And Response," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(6), pages 715-730, November.
- Craig Mackenzie, 2007. "Boards, Incentives and Corporate Social Responsibility: the case for a change of emphasis," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 935-943, September.
- Bryan W. Husted & José de Jesus Salazar, 2006. "Taking Friedman Seriously: Maximizing Profits and Social Performance," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 75-91, January.
- Dijk, Marc & Orsato, Renato J. & Kemp, René, 2013. "The emergence of an electric mobility trajectory," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 135-145.
- Padilla, Emilio, 2002. "Intergenerational equity and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Gail Whiteman & Brian Walker & Paolo Perego, 2013. "Planetary Boundaries: Ecological Foundations for Corporate Sustainability," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(2), pages 307-336, March.
- Alexandro Kleine & Michael Hauff, 2009. "Sustainability-Driven Implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility: Application of the Integrative Sustainability Triangle," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 517-533.
- Wenlong Yuan & Yongjian Bao & Alain Verbeke, 2011. "Integrating CSR Initiatives in Business: An Organizing Framework," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 75-92.
- Ayres, Robert U., 2008. "Sustainability economics: Where do we stand?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 281-310, September.
- Ziva Sharp & Nurit Zaidman, 2010. "Strategization of CSR," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 51-71.
- Frank Graaf & Cor HerkstrÃ¶ter, 2007. "How Corporate Social Performance Is Institutionalised Within the Governance Structure," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 177-189.
- Vollebergh, Herman R.J. & Kemfert, Claudia, 2005. "The role of technological change for a sustainable development," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2-3), pages 133-147, August.
- Subhabrata Bobby Banerjee, 2001. "Managerial perceptions of corporate environmentalism: interpretations from industry and strategic implications for organizations," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(4), pages 489-513, June.
- Ozaki, Ritsuko & Sevastyanova, Katerina, 2011. "Going hybrid: An analysis of consumer purchase motivations," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 2217-2227, May.
- F. Maon & A. Lindgreen & V. Swaen, 2008. "Thinking of the organization as a system: the role of managerial perceptions in developing a corporate social responsibility strategic agenda," Post-Print hal-00787073, HAL.
- Kelly Levin & Benjamin Cashore & Steven Bernstein & Graeme Auld, 2012. "Overcoming the tragedy of super wicked problems: constraining our future selves to ameliorate global climate change," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 45(2), pages 123-152, June.
- Lopez, Ramon E. & Anriquez, Gustavo & Gulati, Sumeet, 2007. "Structural change and sustainable development," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 53(3), pages 307-322, May.
- Karl Pajo & Louise Lee, 2011. "Corporate-Sponsored Volunteering: A Work Design Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 99(3), pages 467-482, March.
- Cardoso, I. M. & Guijt, I. & Franco, F. S. & Carvalho, A. F. & Ferreira Neto, P. S., 2001. "Continual learning for agroforestry system design: university, NGO and farmer partnership in Minas Gerais, Brazil," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 235-257, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:147:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2945-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Catherine le Roux & Marius Pretorius, 2016. "Conceptualizing the Limiting Issues Inhibiting Sustainability Embeddedness," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(4), pages 1-22, April.
- repec:zbw:esthes:172463 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:5:p:444:d:69453 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vladislav Valentinov, 2017. "The Rawlsian Critique of Utilitarianism: A Luhmannian Interpretation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 25-35.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:146:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-017-3658-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2760-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Merriam Haffar & Cory Searcy, 2017. "Classification of Trade-offs Encountered in the Practice of Corporate Sustainability," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 495-522.
- Karen LaPierre & Naomi Wakayama & Toshiro Wakayama, 2016. "Creating Shared Value In The Presence Of Conflicts And Tradeoffs: A Paradox Perspective On Business And Society," Working Papers EMS_2016_11, Research Institute, International University of Japan.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:138:y:2017:i:c:p:40-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Catherine Le Roux & Marius Pretorius, 2016. "Navigating Sustainability Embeddedness in Management Decision-Making," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-23, May.
- Tobias Hahn & Jonatan Pinkse, 2014. "Private environmental governance through cross-sector partnerships: Tensions between competition and effectiveness," Working paper serie RMT - Grenoble Ecole de Management hal-00961234, HAL.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:8:y:2016:i:4:p:364:d:68126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Helen Borland & Véronique Ambrosini & Adam Lindgreen & Joëlle Vanhamme, 2016. "Building Theory at the Intersection of Ecological Sustainability and Strategic Management," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, pages 293-307.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:1:p:226-:d:127314 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miguel Pina e Cunha & Armanda Fortes & Filipa Rodrigues & Armenio Rego, 2015. "Leadership paradoxes in Angolan organizations: Emic paradoxes, etic paradoxes, and paradox work," NOVAFRICA Working Paper Series wp1501, Universidade Nova de Lisboa, Faculdade de Economia, NOVAFRICA.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate sustainability; Tensions; Integrative view; Paradox strategies; Sustainable development; Triple Bottom Line;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:127:y:2015:i:2:p:297-316. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.