Does foreign ownership matter for the innovative activities of enterprises?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Annette Bergemann & Bernd Fitzenberger & Stefan Speckesser, 2009.
"Evaluating the dynamic employment effects of training programs in East Germany using conditional difference-in-differences,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(5), pages 797-823.
- Speckesser, Stefan & Fitzenberger, Bernd & Bergemann, Annette, 2004. "Evaluating the Dynamic Employment Effects of Training Programs in East Germany Using Conditional Difference-in-Differences," ZEW Discussion Papers 04-41, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Bergemann, Annette & Fitzenberger, Bernd & Speckesser, Stefan, 2005. "Evaluating the Dynamic Employment Effects of Training Programs in East Germany Using Conditional Difference-in-Differences," IZA Discussion Papers 1848, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1993.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-598.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," Papers 14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Guellec, Dominique & Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno v., 2001.
"The internationalisation of technology analysed with patent data,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1253-1266, October.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Dominique Guellec, 2001. "The internationalisation of technology analysed with patent data," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/6223, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Bernd Ebersberger & Andreas Fier, 2007. "The relationship between R&D collaboration, subsidies and R&D performance: Empirical evidence from Finland and Germany," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1347-1366.
- Peters, Bettina & Lööf, Hans & Janz, Norbert, 2003.
"Firm Level Innovation and Productivity: Is there a Common Story Across Countries?,"
ZEW Discussion Papers
03-26, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Janz, Norbert & Lööf, Hans & Peters, Bettina, 2004. "Firm Level Innovation and Productivity - Is there a Common Story Across Countries?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 24, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2001.
"Knowledge Spillovers and Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 975-1005, December.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2000. "Knowledge Spillovers And Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," ERSA conference papers ersa00p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "Knowledge spillovers and local innovation systems: a critical survey," LIUC Papers in Economics 84, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Alfred Kleinknecht & Kees Van Montfort & Erik Brouwer, 2002. "The Non-Trivial Choice between Innovation Indicators," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 109-121.
- Narula, Rajneesh, 2002. "Innovation systems and 'inertia' in R&D location: Norwegian firms and the role of systemic lock-in," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 795-816, July.
- Rajneesh Narula & Antonello Zanfei, 2003. "Globalisation of Innovation The Role of Multinational Enterprises," DRUID Working Papers 03-15, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Sofka, Wolfgang, 2006. "Innovation Activities Abroad and the Effects of Liability of Foreignness: Where it Hurts," ZEW Discussion Papers 06-029, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Fier, Andreas, 2003. "Publicly Funded R&D Collaborations and Patent Outcome in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-24, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Richard Blundell & Monica Costa Dias, 2000. "Evaluation methods for non-experimental data," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 21(4), pages 427-468, January.
- Bruno Cassiman & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2002. "R&D Cooperation and Spillovers: Some Empirical Evidence from Belgium," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 1169-1184, September.
- Robert E. Lipsey, 2002. "Home and Host Country Effects of FDI," NBER Working Papers 9293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Cowan, Robin & David, Paul A & Foray, Dominique, 2000.
"The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness,"
Industrial and Corporate Change,
Oxford University Press, vol. 9(2), pages 211-253, June.
- Cowan, Robin & David, Paul & Foray, Dominique, 1999. "The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness," Research Memorandum 025, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Robin Cowan & Paul A. David & Dominique Foray, 1999. "The Explicit Economics of Knowledge Codification and Tacitness," Working Papers 99027, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Patel, Pari & Vega, Modesto, 1999. "Patterns of internationalisation of corporate technology: location vs. home country advantages1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 145-155, March.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," NBER Working Papers 6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra Todd, 1998. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 261-294.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Adelheid Holl & Ruth Rama, 2014.
"Foreign Subsidiaries and Technology Sourcing in Spain,"
Industry and Innovation,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 43-64, January.
- Holl, Adelheid & Rama, Ruth, 2012. "Foreign subsidiaries and technology sourcing in Spain," MPRA Paper 42328, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2012.
- repec:spr:scient:v:100:y:2014:i:2:d:10.1007_s11192-013-1192-4 is not listed on IDEAS
- N. N., 2015. "WIFO-Monatsberichte, issue 11/2015," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 88(11), November.
- John Weche Gelübcke, 2013.
"The performance of foreign affiliates in German manufacturing: evidence from a new database,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 149(1), pages 151-182, March.
- John P. Weche Geluebcke, 2011. "The Performance of Foreign Affiliates in German Manufacturing: Evidence from a new Database," Working Paper Series in Economics 216, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Sandra M. Leitner & Robert Stehrer, 2016. "R&D and Non-R&D Innovators During the Global Financial Crisis: The Role of Binding Credit Constraints," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 53(1), pages 1-38, December.
- Alexandre Gazaniol, 2012. "Learning from international activities? A microeconometric analysis of first-time innovators," International Economics, CEPII research center, issue 129, pages 31-61.
- Richard Harris & John Moffat, 2011. "R&D, Innovation and Exporting," SERC Discussion Papers 0073, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Jaan Masso & Tõnu Roolaht & Urmas Varblane, 2010.
"Foreign Direct Investment And Innovation In Central And Eastern Europe: Evidence From Estonia,"
University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series
67, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Masso, Jaan & Roolaht, Tõnu & Varblane, Urmas, 2010. "Foreign direct investment and innovation in Central and eastern Europe : evidence from Estonia," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2010-05, Bank of Estonia, revised 14 Apr 2010.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6060 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sandra M. Leitner & Robert Stehrer, 2013. "R&D and Non-R&D Innovators in the Financial Crisis: the Role of Binding Credit Constraints," wiiw Working Papers 95, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Filip De Beule & Ilke Van Beveren, 2009. "Multinational ownership and R&D intensity: The role of external knowledge sources and spillovers," LICOS Discussion Papers 24209, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Kiss, János, 2014.
"Az innováció hatása a vállalati teljesítményre és versenyképességre
[The impact of innovation activities on firms performance and competitiveness]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 299-314.
- Elif Kalayci & Mehmet Teoman Pamukçu, 2011. "Analysis of Foreign Ownership, R&D and Spillovers in Developing Countries: Evidence from Turkey," Working Papers 642, Economic Research Forum, revised 10 Jan 2011.
- Martin Falk & Werner Hölzl & Harald Oberhofer, 2015. "The Importance of Firm-Level Data for Empirical Research and Economic Policy Consulting," WIFO Monatsberichte (monthly reports), WIFO, vol. 88(11), pages 845-857, November.
More about this item
KeywordsInnovation; Research and development; Foreign-owned enterprises; Foreign direct investment; Kernel-based matching; Austria; O310; O340; F 230;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:iecepo:v:6:y:2009:i:1:p:41-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.