The Non-Trivial Choice between Innovation Indicators
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Zvi Griliches, 1984. "R&D, Patents, and Productivity," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gril84-1, May.
- Brouwer, Erik & Kleinknecht, Alfred, 1997.
"Measuring the unmeasurable: a country's non-R&D expenditure on product and service innovation,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1235-1242, January.
- Brouwer, E. & Kleinknecht, A., 1995. "Measuring the unmeasurable: a country's non-R&D expenditure on product and service innovation," Serie Research Memoranda 0009, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Brouwer, Erik & Kleinknecht, Alfred, 1999. "Innovative output, and a firm's propensity to patent.: An exploration of CIS micro data," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 615-624, August.
- Solomou, Solomos, 1986. "Innovation Clusters and Kondratieff Long Waves in Economic Growth," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 101-112, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- LOPES BENTO Cindy & HOTTENROTT Hanna, 2012.
"Quantity or Quality? Collaboration Strategies in Research and Development and Incentives to Patent,"
LISER Working Paper Series
- Hottenrott, Hanna & Lopes-Bento, Cindy, 2012. "Quantity or quality? Collaboration strategies in research and development and incentives to patent," ZEW Discussion Papers 12-047, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Kleinknecht, Alfred & Montfort, Kees van & Brouwer, Erik, 2000. "How consistent are innovation indicators? : a factor analysis of CIS data," Serie Research Memoranda 0028, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Crass, Dirk & Garcia Valero, Francisco & Pitton, Francesco & Rammer, Christian, 2016. "Protecting innovation through patents and trade secrets: Determinants and performance impacts for firms with a single innovation," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-061, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Sheikh, Shahbaz, 2018. "The impact of market competition on the relation between CEO power and firm innovation," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 36-50.
- Matthias Firgo & Peter Mayerhofer, 2015. "Wissens-Spillovers und regionale Entwicklung - welche strukturpolitische Ausrichtung optimiert des Wachstum?," Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft 144, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
- Yu-Shan Chen & Ke-Chiun Chang, 2009. "Using neural network to analyze the influence of the patent performance upon the market value of the US pharmaceutical companies," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 80(3), pages 637-655, September.
- Fontana, Roberto & Nuvolari, Alessandro & Shimizu, Hiroshi & Vezzulli, Andrea, 2013.
"Reassessing patent propensity: Evidence from a dataset of R&D awards, 1977–2004,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(10), pages 1780-1792.
- Roberto Fontana & Alessandro Nuvolari & Hiroshi Shimizu & Andrea Vezzulli, 2013. "Reassessing patent propensity: evidence from a data-set of R&D awards 1977-2004," Working Papers Department of Economics 2013/09, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Bronwyn Hall & Alessandro Maffioli, 2008.
"Evaluating the impact of technology development funds in emerging economies: evidence from Latin America,"
The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 172-198.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Alessandro Maffioli, 2008. "Evaluating the Impact of Technology Development Funds in Emerging Economies: Evidence from Latin America," NBER Working Papers 13835, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Maffioli, Alessandro, 2011. "Evaluating the Impact of Technology Development Funds in Emerging Economies: Evidence from Latin-America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 2917, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Hall, Bronwyn H. & Maffioli, Alessandro, 2008. "Evaluating the Impact of Technology Development Funds in Emerging Economies: Evidence from Latin-America," IIR Working Paper 08-01, Institute of Innovation Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Alessandro Maffioli, 2008. "Evaluating the Impact of Technology Development Funds in Emerging Economies: Evidence from Latin America," OVE Working Papers 0108, Inter-American Development Bank, Office of Evaluation and Oversight (OVE).
- Barbara Buchner & Carlo Carraro, 2006.
"‘US, China and the Economics of Climate Negotiations’,"
International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 63-89, March.
- Carlo Carraro & Barbara Buchner, 2006. "US, China and the economics of climate negotiations," Working Papers 2006_07, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Cristiano Antonelli, 2017.
"The derived demand for knowledge,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1-2), pages 183-194, February.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2016. "The Derived Demand for Knowledge," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201612, University of Turin.
- Antonelli, Cristiano, 2016. "The Derived Demand for Knowledge," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis LEI & BRICK - Laboratory of Economics of Innovation "Franco Momigliano", Bureau of Research in Innovation, Complexity and Knowledge, Collegio 201608, University of Turin.
- Soete, Luc & Weel, Bas ter, 1999. "Schumpeter and the Knowledge-Based Economy: On Technology and Competition Policy," Research Memorandum 004, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Sandra M. Leitner & Robert Stehrer, 2016. "R&D and Non-R&D Innovators During the Global Financial Crisis: The Role of Binding Credit Constraints," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 53(1), pages 1-38, December.
- Eleonora Bartoloni & Maurizio Baussola, 2015. "Persistent Product Innovation and Market-oriented Behaviour: the Impact on Firms' Performance," DISCE - Quaderni del Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali dises1505, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Yu Chen, 2009. "What do we need besides trade?," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 17-30.
- Dirk Czarnitzki & Katrin Hussinger & Cédric Schneider, 2015.
"R&D Collaboration with Uncertain Intellectual Property Rights,"
Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 46(2), pages 183-204, March.
- Czarnitzki, Dirk & Hussinger, Katrin & Schneider, Cédric, 2011. "R&D collaboration with uncertain intellectual property rights," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-010, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Kim, Jeeeun & Lee, Sungjoo, 2015. "Patent databases for innovation studies: A comparative analysis of USPTO, EPO, JPO and KIPO," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 332-345.
- Hala Abou-Ali & Mohammed Belhaj, 2008. "Cost Benefit Analysis of Desert Locusts Control: A Multicountry Perspective," Working Papers 801, Economic Research Forum, revised 01 Jan 2008.
- Paul Isely & Gerald Simons, 2002. "Global Influences on U.S. Auto Innovation," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 25-34.
- Quatraro, Francesco, 2010.
"Knowledge coherence, variety and economic growth: Manufacturing evidence from Italian regions,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1289-1302, December.
- Francesco Quatraro, 2010. "Knowledge Coherence, Variety and economic Growth: Manufacturing Evidence from Italian Regions," Post-Print halshs-00727612, HAL.
- Nicola De Liso & Anna Serena Vergori, 2017. "The Different Approaches to the Study of Innovation in Services in Europe and the USA," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(1), pages 121-146, February.
More about this item
KeywordsR&D; Innovative Output; Total Innovation Expenditure; Patents; Factor Analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:ecinnt:v:11:y:2002:i:2:p:109-121. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/GEIN20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.