Taxesversus tradable discharge permits: A review in the light of the U.S. and European experience
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Krupnick, Alan J. & Oates, Wallace E. & Van De Verg, Eric, 1983. "On marketable air-pollution permits: The case for a system of pollution offsets," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 233-247, September.
- Buchanan, James M & Tullock, Gordon, 1975. "Polluters' Profits and Political Response: Direct Controls Versus Taxes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(1), pages 139-147, March.
- Randolph M. Lyon, 1982. "Auctions and Alternative Procedures for Allocating Pollution Rights," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 58(1), pages 16-32.
- Montgomery, W. David, 1972. "Markets in licenses and efficient pollution control programs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 395-418, December.
- John Merrifield, 1990. "A critical overview of the evolutionary approach to air pollution abatement policy," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 367-380.
- Krupnick, Alan J., 1986. "Costs of alternative policies for the control of nitrogen dioxide in Baltimore," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 189-197, June.
- J. H. Dales, 1968. "Land, Water, and Ownership," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 1(4), pages 791-804, November.
- Cason Timothy N., 1993. "Seller Incentive Properties of EPA's Emission Trading Auction," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 177-195, September.
- McGartland, Albert, 1988. "A comparison of two marketable discharge permits systems," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 35-44, March.
- Noll, Roger G, 1982. "Implementing Marketable Emissions Permits," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(2), pages 120-124, May.
- Henk Folmer & Charles Howe, 1991. "Environmental problems and policy in the Single European Market," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 1(1), pages 17-41, March.
- McGartland, Albert M. & Oates, Wallace E., 1985. "Marketable permits for the prevention of environmental deterioration," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 207-228, September.
- Baumol,William J. & Oates,Wallace E., 1988. "The Theory of Environmental Policy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521322249, March.
- Adar, Zvi & Griffin, James M., 1976. "Uncertainty and the choice of pollution control instruments," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 178-188, October.
- Malueg, David A., 1990. "Welfare consequences of emission credit trading programs," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 66-77, January.
- Hahn, Robert W, 1989. "Economic Prescriptions for Environmental Problems: How the Patient Followed the Doctor's Orders," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(2), pages 95-114, Spring.
- Robert W. Hahn, 1984. "Market Power and Transferable Property Rights," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 99(4), pages 753-765.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boemare, Catherine & Quirion, Philippe, 2002.
"Implementing greenhouse gas trading in Europe: lessons from economic literature and international experiences,"
Elsevier, vol. 43(2-3), pages 213-230, December.
- Catherine Boemare & Philippe Quirion, 2002. "Implementing greenhouse gas trading in Europe: lessons from economic literature and international experiences," Post-Print halshs-00007264, HAL.
- Heindl, Peter & Voigt, Sebastian, 2011. "A practical approach to offset permits in post Kyoto climate policy," ZEW Discussion Papers 11-043, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Liu, Beibei & He, Pan & Zhang, Bing & Bi, Jun, 2012. "Impacts of alternative allowance allocation methods under a cap-and-trade program in power sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 405-415.
- Olivier Godard & Christine Cros, 1998. "The economic design of a potential tradable permit system for SO2 emissions in the European Union," Post-Print hal-00622840, HAL.
- Wooders, M. & Zissimos, B., 2001. "The Efficiency, Equity and Politics of Emission Permit Trading," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 586, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Wood, Peter J. & Heindl, Peter & Jotzo, Frank & Loschel, Andreas, 2013.
"Linking Price and Quantity Pollution Controls under Uncertainty,"
249404, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Wood, Peter J. & Heindl, Peter & Jotzo, Frank & Löschel, Andreas, 2013. "Linking price and quantity pollution controls under uncertainty," ZEW Discussion Papers 13-025, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Peter J. Wood & Peter Heindl & Frank Jotzo & Andreas Loeschel, 2013. "Linking Price and Quantity Pollution Controls under Uncertainty," CCEP Working Papers 1302, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Farrow, Scott, 1995. "The dual political economy of taxes and tradable permits," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 217-220, August.
- Helfand, Gloria E. & Berck, Peter & Maull, Tim, 2003. "The theory of pollution policy," Handbook of Environmental Economics,in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 6, pages 249-303 Elsevier.
- Lin, Boqiang & Jiang, Zhujun & Zhang, Peng, 2011. "Allocation of sulphur dioxide allowance – An analysis based on a survey of power plants in Fujian province in China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 3120-3129.
- Coria, Jessica, 2011. "Environmental crises' regulations, tradable permits and the adoption of new technologies," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 455-476, September.
More about this item
KeywordsTradable permits; effluent taxes; environmental policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:4:y:1994:i:2:p:151-169. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.