Precautionary Principle and the Optimal Timing of Environmental Policy Under Ambiguity
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nishimura, Kiyohiko G. & Ozaki, Hiroyuki, 2007. "Irreversible investment and Knightian uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 668-694, September.
- Lo, Kin Chung, 1999.
"Extensive Form Games with Uncertainty Averse Players,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 256-270, August.
- Kin Chung Lo, 1995. "Extensive Form Games with Uncertainty Averse Players," Working Papers ecpap-95-03, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Marinacci, Massimo, 2000. "Ambiguous Games," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 191-219, May.
- Smith, V. Kerry, 1987. "Uncertainty, benefit-cost analysis, and the treatment of option value," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 283-292, September.
- Gollier, Christian & Jullien, Bruno & Treich, Nicolas, 2000. "Scientific progress and irreversibility: an economic interpretation of the 'Precautionary Principle'," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 229-253, February.
- Ghirardato, Paolo & Maccheroni, Fabio & Marinacci, Massimo, 2004. "Differentiating ambiguity and ambiguity attitude," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 133-173, October.
- Pindyck, Robert S, 1988.
"Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 78(5), pages 969-985, December.
- Pindyck, Robert S., 1986. "Irreversible investment, capacity choice, and the value of the firm," Working papers 1802-86., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1986. "Irreversible Investment, Capacity Choice, and the Value of the Firm," NBER Working Papers 1980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Norimichi Matsueda & Koichi Futagami & Akihisa Shibata, 2006. "Environmental transfers against global warming: a credit-based program," International Journal of Global Environmental Issues, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 6(1), pages 47-72.
- repec:cdl:agrebk:5182 is not listed on IDEAS
- Epstein, Larry G & Wang, Tan, 1994. "Intertemporal Asset Pricing Under Knightian Uncertainty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(2), pages 283-322, March.
- Giovanni Immordino, 2000. "Self-Protection, Information and the Precautionary Principle," The Geneva Risk and Insurance Review, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association), vol. 25(2), pages 179-187, December.
- Welsch, Heinz, 1995. "Greenhouse gas abatement under ambiguity," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 91-100, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Agliardi, Elettra & Sereno, Luigi, 2011.
"The effects of environmental taxes and quotas on the optimal timing of emission reductions under Choquet–Brownian uncertainty,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2793-2802.
- E. Agliardi & L. Sereno, 2011. "The effects of environmental taxes and quotas on the optimal timing of emission reductions under Choquet-Brownian uncertainty," Working Papers wp725, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Elettra Agliardi & Luigi Sereno, 2011. "The effects of environmental taxes and quotas on the optimal timing of emission reductions under Choquet-Brownian uncertainty," Discussion Papers 2011/109, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- Athanassoglou, Stergios & Xepapadeas, Anastasios, 2012. "Pollution control with uncertain stock dynamics: When, and how, to be precautious," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 304-320.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Melkonyan, Tigran, 2017. "Ambiguity, reasoned determination, and climate-change policy," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 74-92.
- Stergios Athanassoglou & Valentina Bosetti, 2015.
"Setting Environmental Policy When Experts Disagree,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 61(4), pages 497-516, August.
- Athanassoglou, Stergios & Bosetti, Valentina, 2012. "Setting environmental policy when experts disagree," MPRA Paper 57494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stergios Athanassoglou & Anastasios Xepapadeas, "undated".
"Pollution control: when, and how, to be precautious,"
DEOS Working Papers
1112, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Stergios Athanassoglou & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2011. "Pollution Control: When, and How, to be Precautious," Working Papers 2011.18, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chen, Yu-Fu & Funke, Michael & Glanemann, Nicole, 2011.
"Dark Clouds or Silver Linings? Knightian Uncertainty and Climate Change,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2011-64, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Michael Funke & Yu-Fu Chen & Nicole Glanemann, 2011. "Dark Clouds or Silver Linings? Knightian Uncertainty and Climate Change," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 21107, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Yu-Fu Chen & Michael Funke & Nicole Glanemann, 2011. "Dark Clouds or Silver Linings? Knightian Uncertainty and Climate Change," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 258, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Yu-Fu Chen & Michael Funke & Nicole Glanemann, 2011. "Dark Clouds or Silver Linings? Knightian Uncertainty and Climate Change," CESifo Working Paper Series 3516, CESifo Group Munich.
- Takanori Adachi & Takao Asano, 2011. "Entrepreneurial Choice and Knightian Uncertainty with Borrowing Constraints," KIER Working Papers 803, Kyoto University, Institute of Economic Research.
- W.A. Brock & A. Xepapadeas & A.N. Yannacopoulos, 2014.
"Optimal Control in Space and Time and the Management of Environmental Resources,"
Annual Review of Resource Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 6(1), pages 33-68, October.
- William Brock & Anastasios Xepapadeas & Athanasios Yannacopoulos, 2014. "Optimal Control in Space and Time and the Management of Environmental Resources," DEOS Working Papers 1402, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Verbruggen, Aviel, 2013. "Revocability and reversibility in societal decision-making," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(C), pages 20-27.
- Heyen, Daniel & Goeschl, Timo & Wiesenfarth , Boris, 2015. "Risk Assessment under Ambiguity: Precautionary Learning vs. Research Pessimism," Working Papers 0605, University of Heidelberg, Department of Economics.
- Asano, Takao, 2010. "Optimal tax policy and foreign direct investment under ambiguity," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 185-200, March.
- Asano, Takao & Shibata, Akihisa, 2011. "Optimal pricing and quality choice of a monopolist under Knightian uncertainty," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 746-754.
More about this item
KeywordsAmbiguity; Environmental policy; Knightian uncertainty; Non-expected utilities; Precautionary principle; D81; H23; L51; Q23;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- Q23 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Forestry
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:47:y:2010:i:2:p:173-196. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .