Supply Chain Relationships for Customer Satisfaction in China: Interdependence and Cooperative Goals
This study develops a model based on Deutsch’s theory of cooperation and competition to clarify the supply chain relationships and interactions that contribute to customer satisfaction. Results of structural equation analyses suggest that organizations and suppliers and organizations and distributors who recognize each other’s importance develop cooperative rather than competitive and independent goals. With cooperative goals, they come to trust each other and work for continuous improvement; these relationships in turn result in the products and service that satisfy customers. Results were interpreted as suggesting that cooperative goals are an important basis for developing effective supply chain partnerships in Asia and perhaps in other regions as well. Copyright Springer Science + Business Media, Inc. 2005
Volume (Year): 22 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 17, 3300 AA Dordrecht, the Netherlands|
Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=106589
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- De Toni, Alberto & Nassimbeni, Guido, 2000. "Just-in-time purchasing: an empirical study of operational practices, supplier development and performance," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 631-651, December.
- John Child & Yanni Yan, 2003. "Predicting the Performance of International Joint Ventures: An Investigation in China," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 283-320, 03.
- Gruenfeld, Deborah H & Mannix, Elizabeth A. & Williams, Katherine Y. & Neale, Margaret A., 1996. "Group Composition and Decision Making: How Member Familiarity and Information Distribution Affect Process and Performance," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 1-15, July.
- C Zhang & S T Cavusgil & A S Roath, 2003. "Manufacturer governance of foreign distributor relationships: do relational norms enhance competitiveness in the export market?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(6), pages 550-566, November.
- Andersen, Otto & Buvik, Arnt, 2001. "Inter-firm co-ordination: international versus domestic buyer-seller relationships," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 207-219, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:asiapa:v:22:y:2005:i:2:p:179-199. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.