The Relationship Between Good Governance And Carbon Dioxide Emissions: Evidence From Developing Economies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Malcolm Rutherford, 2001. "Institutional Economics: Then and Now," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 173-194, Summer.
- Paul Makdissi & Quentin Wodon, 2006.
"Environmental Regulation And Economic Growth Under Education Externalities,"
Journal of Economic Development,
Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 31(1), pages 45-51, June.
- Paul Makdissi & Quentin Wodon, 2002. "Environmental Regulation and Economic Growth under Education Externalities," Cahiers de recherche 02-12, Departement d'Economique de l'École de gestion à l'Université de Sherbrooke, revised 2004.
- Dietz, Simon & Neumayer, Eric & De Soysa, Indra, 2007.
"Corruption, the resource curse and genuine saving,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(01), pages 33-53, February.
- Simon Dietz & Eric Neumayer & Indra de Soysa, 2004. "Corruption, the Resource Curse and Genuine Saving," Development and Comp Systems 0405012, EconWPA.
- Dietz, Simon & Neumayer, Eric & de Soysa, Indra, 2007. "Corruption, the resource curse and genuine saving," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 973, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Simon Dietz & Eric Neumayer & Indra de Soysa, 2004. "Corruption, the Resource Curse and Genuine Saving," Development and Comp Systems 0405010, EconWPA, revised 01 Aug 2005.
- Davood Behbudi & Siab Mamipour & Azhdar Karami, 2010. "Natural Resource Abundance, Human Capital And Economic Growth In The Petroleum Exporting Countries," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 35(3), pages 81-102, September.
- P Ekins, 1997. "The Kuznets Curve for the Environment and Economic Growth: Examining the Evidence," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 29(5), pages 805-830, May.
- Cole, M.A. & Rayner, A.J. & Bates, J.M., 1997. "The environmental Kuznets curve: an empirical analysis," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 401-416, November.
- Tol, Richard S.J., 2005.
"Emission abatement versus development as strategies to reduce vulnerability to climate change: an application of FUND,"
Environment and Development Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(05), pages 615-629, October.
- Richard S.J. Tol, 2002. "Emission Abatement Versus Development As Strategies To Reduce Vulnerability To Climate Change: An Application Of Fund," Working Papers FNU-12, Research unit Sustainability and Global Change, Hamburg University, revised Apr 2002.
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1994. "Environmental Quality and Development: Is There a Kuznets Curve for Air Pollution Emissions?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 147-162, September.
- Jinyoung Hwang, 2002. "A Note On The Relationship Between Corruption And Government Revenue," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 27(2), pages 161-177, December.
- Komen, Marinus H.C. & Gerking, Shelby & Folmer, Henk, 1997. "Income and environmental R D: empirical evidence from OECD countries," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(04), pages 505-515, November.
- Friedl, Birgit & Getzner, Michael, 2003. "Determinants of CO2 emissions in a small open economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 133-148, April.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Shyamsundar, Priya & M Ler, Karl-G Ran, 2004. "The economics of environmental change and pollution management issues and approaches from South Asia," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 9-18, February.
- Olson, Mancur, Jr & Sarna, Naveen & Swamy, Anand V, 2000. "Governance and Growth: A Simple Hypothesis Explaining Cross-Country Differences in Productivity Growth," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 102(3-4), pages 341-364, March.
- Mendelsohn, Robert & Dinar, Ariel & Williams, Larry, 2006. "The distributional impact of climate change on rich and poor countries," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 159-178, April.
- Esty, Daniel C. & Porter, Michael E., 2005. "National environmental performance: an empirical analysis of policy results and determinants," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(04), pages 391-434, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcel Probst & Caspar Sauter, 2015. "CO2 Emissions and Greenhouse Gas Policy Stringency - An Empirical Assessment," IRENE Working Papers 15-03, IRENE Institute of Economic Research.
- Jingjing He & Yongfu Huang & Finn Tarp, 2014.
"Is the Clean Development Mechanism effective for emission reductions?,"
Greenhouse Gases: Science and Technology,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 4(6), pages 750-760, December.
- He, Jingjing & Huang, Yongfu & Tarp, Finn, 2012. "Is the Clean Development Mechanism Effective for Emission Reductions?," WIDER Working Paper Series 073, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Abid, Mehdi, 2016. "Impact of economic, financial, and institutional factors on CO2 emissions: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa economies," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 85-94.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:77:y:2017:i:c:p:731-747 is not listed on IDEAS
- Miomir Jovanović & Ljiljana Kašćelan & Aleksandra Despotović & Vladimir Kašćelan, 2015. "The Impact of Agro-Economic Factors on GHG Emissions: Evidence from European Developing and Advanced Economies," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(12), pages 1-21, December.
- repec:ijb:journl:v:16:y:2017:i:1:p:49-74 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:113:y:2018:i:c:p:356-367 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:envpol:v:19:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10018-016-0162-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Balsalobre-Lorente, Daniel & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Roubaud, David & Farhani, Sahbi, 2018.
"How economic growth, renewable electricity and natural resources contribute to CO2 emissions?,"
Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 356-367.
- Balsalobre-Lorente, Daniel & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Roubaud, David & Farhani, Sahbi, 2017. "How Economic Growth, Renewable Electricity and Natural Resources Contribute to CO2 Emissions?," MPRA Paper 82252, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Oct 2017.
- repec:unu:wpaper:wp2012-073 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:7:y:2015:i:12:p:16290-16310:d:60194 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brännlund Runar & Karimu Amin & Söderholm Patrik, 2017.
"Convergence in carbon dioxide emissions and the role of growth and institutions: a parametric and non-parametric analysis,"
Environmental Economics and Policy Studies,
Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 19(2), pages 359-390, April.
- Brännlund, Runar & Karimu, Amin & Söderholm, Patrik, 2014. "Convergence in carbon dioxide emissions and the role of growth and institutions A parametric and nonparametric analysis," CERE Working Papers 2014:12, CERE - the Center for Environmental and Resource Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsCarbon Dioxide; Emissions; Governance; Developing Countries; Regulation;
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
- O50 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - General
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- Q59 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:37:y:2012:i:1:p:77-93. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.