Natural Resource Abundance, Human Capital And Economic Growth In The Petroleum Exporting Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sachs, Jeffrey D. & Warner, Andrew M., 1999. "The big push, natural resource booms and growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 43-76, June.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2001.
"Natural resources, education, and economic development,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 45(4-6), pages 847-859, May.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur, 2000. "Natural Resources, Education, and Economic Development," CEPR Discussion Papers 2594, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur & Herbertsson, Tryggvi Thor & Zoega, Gylfi, 1999. "A Mixed Blessing," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 204-225, June.
- Stijns, Jean-Philippe, 2006.
"Natural resource abundance and human capital accumulation,"
Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1060-1083, June.
- Jean-Philippe C. Stijns, 2001. "Natural Resource Abundance and Human Capital Accumulation," Development and Comp Systems 0112001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stijns, Jean-Philippe C., 2001. "Natural Resource Abundance and Human Capital Accumulation," Conference Papers 25128, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Davis, Graham A., 1995. "Learning to love the Dutch disease: Evidence from the mineral economies," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1765-1779, October.
- Torvik, Ragnar, 2002. "Natural resources, rent seeking and welfare," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 455-470, April.
- Egger, Peter, 2000.
"A note on the proper econometric specification of the gravity equation,"
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 25-31, January.
- Peter Egger, 1999. "A Note on the Proper Econometric Specification of the Gravity Equation," WIFO Working Papers 108, WIFO.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abdul Wahab, Abdul Azeez Oluwanisola & Kefeli, Zurina & Hashim, Nurhazirah, 2018. "Investigating The Dynamic Effect of Healthcare Expenditure and Education Expenditure On Economic Growth in Organisation of Islamic Countries (OIC)," MPRA Paper 90338, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Oct 2018.
- Azmat Gani, 2012. "The Relationship Between Good Governance And Carbon Dioxide Emissions: Evidence From Developing Economies," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 37(1), pages 77-93, March.
- Gadom Djal Gadom & Armand Mboutchouang Kountchou & Gbetoton Nad ge Ad le Djossou & Gilles Quentin Kane & Abdelkrim Araar, 2017. "The impact of oil exploitation on wellbeing in Chad," Working Papers PMMA 2017-06, PEP-PMMA.
- Salim M. Araji & Hamid Mohtadi, 2014. "Natural Resources, Incentives and Human Capital: Reinterpreting the Curse," Working Papers 892, Economic Research Forum, revised Dec 2014.
- repec:ucm:wpaper:05-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shao, Shuai & Yang, Lili, 2014. "Natural resource dependence, human capital accumulation, and economic growth: A combined explanation for the resource curse and the resource blessing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 632-642.
- Isabel Álvarez González & Romilio Labra, 2013. "Identifying the role of natural resources in knowledge-based strategies of development," Working Papers del Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales 1305, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Instituto Complutense de Estudios Internacionales.
- Shantayanan Devarajan, 2018. "How to Use Oil Revenues Efficiently," Working Papers 1199, Economic Research Forum, revised 24 May 2018.
- repec:spr:qualqt:v:52:y:2018:i:3:d:10.1007_s11135-017-0510-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Nolazco Cama, Jose Luis & Bravo-Ortega, Claudio, 2015.
"Instituciones, Recursos Naturales Y Sus Efectos En El Crecimiento Economico: Un Sistema De Ecuaciones Simultáneas En Panel De Datos
[Institutions, Natural Resources And Its Impact On Economic Growt," MPRA Paper 74421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- José Luis Nolazco & Claudio Bravo-Ortega, 2016. "Instituciones, recursos naturales y sus efectos en el crecimiento económico: un sistema de ecuaciones simultáneas en panel de datos," Working Papers 2016-82, Peruvian Economic Association.
- Dauvin, Magali & Guerreiro, David, 2017. "The Paradox of Plenty: A Meta-Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 212-231.
- repec:eee:jrpoli:v:60:y:2019:i:c:p:47-55 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:sum:sjefsm:2018:p:22-30 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cockx, Lara & Francken, Nathalie, 2016. "Natural resources: A curse on education spending?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 394-408.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:11:y:2018:i:10:p:2779-:d:176073 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fatema Alaali & Jennifer Roberts & Karl Taylor, 2015. "The Effect of Energy Consumption and Human Capital on Economic Growth: An Exploration of Oil Exporting and Developed Countries," Working Papers 2015015, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- repec:eco:journ1:2017-02-38 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward Nissan & Farhang Niroomand, 2015. "Economic, welfare, demographic, and gender inequalities among selected Arab countries," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(2), pages 396-411, April.
- Jude Eggoh & Hilaire Houeninvo & Gilles-Armand Sossou, 2015. "Education, Health And Economic Growth In African Countries," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 40(1), pages 93-111, March.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic Growth; Natural Resource Abundance; Human Capital; Petroleum Exporting Countries; Panel Data;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
- Q32 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation - - - Exhaustible Resources and Economic Development
- I29 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Other
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:35:y:2010:i:3:p:81-102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.