Fdi, Growth And The Environment: Evidence From India On Co2 Emission During The Last Two Decades
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Balasubramanyam, V N & Salisu, M & Sapsford, David, 1996.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Growth in EP and IS Countries,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(434), pages 92-105, January.
- V N Balasubramanyam & M Salisu & David Sapsford., "undated". "Foreign Direct Investment and Growth in EP and IS Countries," Working Papers ec18/94, Department of Economics, University of Lancaster.
- Bengoa, Marta & Sanchez-Robles, Blanca, 2003.
"Foreign direct investment, economic freedom and growth: new evidence from Latin America,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, pages 529-545.
- Lars P. Feld & Stefan Voigt, 2003. "Economic Growth and Judicial Independence: Cross Country Evidence Using a New Set of Indicators," CESifo Working Paper Series 906, CESifo Group Munich.
- Damijan, Joze P. & Knell, Mark & Majcen, Boris & Rojec, Matija, 2003. "The role of FDI, R&D accumulation and trade in transferring technology to transition countries: evidence from firm panel data for eight transition countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, pages 189-204.
- Alfaro, Laura & Chanda, Areendam & Kalemli-Ozcan, Sebnem & Sayek, Selin, 2004.
"FDI and economic growth: the role of local financial markets,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, pages 89-112.
- Pabo Sanguinetti & Alok Bohara & Kishore Guatanabe, 2003. "Trade Diverion and Declinning Tariffs: Evidence from MERCOSUR," Department of Economics Working Papers 003, Universidad Torcuato Di Tella.
- Ann E. Harrison & Brian J. Aitken, 1999. "Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? Evidence from Venezuela," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 605-618.
- Davide Castellani & Antonello Zanfei, 2007. "Multinational companies and productivity spillovers: is there a specification error?," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1047-1051.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Robert E. Lipsey & Mario Zejan, 1992. "What Explains Developing Country Growth?," NBER Working Papers 4132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Luiz de Mello, 1997. "Foreign direct investment in developing countries and growth: A selective survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, pages 1-34.
- Durham, J.B.J. Benson, 2004.
"Absorptive capacity and the effects of foreign direct investment and equity foreign portfolio investment on economic growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, pages 285-306.
- Yashiv, Eran, 2001. "Macroeconomic Policy Lessons of Labour Market Frictions," CEPR Discussion Papers 2749, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Yashiv, Eran, 2002. "Macroeconomic Policy Lessons of Labor Market Frictions," IZA Discussion Papers 446, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & David Weil, 2010.
"Mortality change, the uncertainty effect, and retirement,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 65-91, March.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & David N. Weil, 2001. "Mortality Change, the Uncertainty Effect, and Retirement," Working Papers 2001-47, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & Laura Alfaro & Selin Sayek & Areendam Chanda, 2002. "FDI and Economic Growth: The Role of Local Financial Markets," Macroeconomics 0212007, EconWPA.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & David N. Weil, 2002. "Mortality Change, the Uncertainty Effect, and Retirement," NBER Working Papers 8742, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & David N. Weil, 2004. "Mortality Change, the Uncertainty Effect, and Retirement," Working Papers 2004-04, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Sebnem Kalemli-Ozcan & David Weil, 2006. "Mortality Change, the Uncertainty Effect, and Retirement," 2006 Meeting Papers 28, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2004. "Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis: A Survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, pages 431-455.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pasquale Pazienza, 2015. "The Environmental Impact of the FDI Inflow in the Transport Sector of OECD Countries and Policy Implications," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, pages 105-116.
- Mohamed Abdouli & Sami Hammami, 2017. "Economic growth, FDI inflows and their impact on the environment: an empirical study for the MENA countries," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, pages 121-146.
- Hassaballa, Hoda, 2014. "Testing for Granger causality between energy use and foreign direct investment Inflows in developing countries," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, pages 417-426.
- Aller, Carlos & Ductor, Lorenzo & Herrerias, M.J., 2015. "The world trade network and the environment," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 55-68.
- Zhang, Chuanguo & Zhou, Xiangxue, 2016. "Does foreign direct investment lead to lower CO2 emissions? Evidence from a regional analysis in China," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, pages 943-951.
- Lau, Lin-Sea & Choong, Chee-Keong & Eng, Yoke-Kee, 2014. "Investigation of the environmental Kuznets curve for carbon emissions in Malaysia: Do foreign direct investment and trade matter?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, pages 490-497.
- Saibal Kar & Devleena Majumdar, 2016. "MFN Tariff Rates and Carbon Emission: Evidence from Lower-Middle-Income Countries," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, pages 493-510.
- Svitlana Maksymenko & Mahbub Rabbani, 2011. "Economic Reforms, Human Capital, And Economic Growth In India And South Korea: A Cointegration Analysis," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 36(2), pages 39-59, June.
- Thongphet Lamphayphan & Toshihisa Toyoda & Chris Czerkawsk & Phouphet Kyophilavong, 2015. "Export Supply of Electricity from Laos to Thailand: An Econometric Analysis," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, pages 450-460.
- Yaya Keho, 2015. "Is Foreign Direct Investment Good or Bad for the Environment? Times Series Evidence from ECOWAS Countries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, pages 1916-1927.
- repec:ksp:journ2:v:4:y:2017:i:1:p:106-118 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bilgili, Faik & Tülüce, Nadide Sevil Halıcı & Doğan, İbrahim, 2012. "The determinants of FDI in Turkey: A Markov Regime-Switching approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, pages 1161-1169.
- Dinh Hong Linh & Shih-Mo Lin, 2014. "CO2 Emissions, Energy Consumption, Economic Growth and FDI in Vietnam," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 12(3 (Fall)), pages 219-232.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:64:y:2017:i:c:p:206-212 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adewuyi, Adeolu O., 2016. "Effects of public and private expenditures on environmental pollution: A dynamic heterogeneous panel data analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, pages 489-506.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Nasreen, Samia & Abbas, Faisal & Anis, Omri, 2015. "Does foreign direct investment impede environmental quality in high-, middle-, and low-income countries?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, pages 275-287.
- Avik Sinha, 2015. "Modeling Energy Efficiency and Economic Growth: Evidences from India," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, pages 96-104.
- Tang, Chor Foon & Tan, Bee Wah, 2015. "The impact of energy consumption, income and foreign direct investment on carbon dioxide emissions in Vietnam," Energy, Elsevier, pages 447-454.
- Abdouli, Mohamed & Hammami, Sami, 2017. "Investigating the causality links between environmental quality, foreign direct investment and economic growth in MENA countries," International Business Review, Elsevier, pages 264-278.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:21:y:2015:i:1:p:105-116 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kostakis, Ioannis & Lolos, Sarantis & Sardianou, Eleni, 2016. "Foreign direct investment and environmental degradation: Further evidence from Brazil and Singapore," MPRA Paper 75643, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; GDP Growth; Environment;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:34:y:2009:i:1:p:43-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .