Financial Sector Reforms And Private Investment In Sub-Saharan African Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ari Aisen & Francisco Veiga, 2008. "Political instability and inflation volatility," Public Choice, Springer, pages 207-223.
- Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena & Traynor, Thomas L, 1999. "Political Instability, Investment and Economic Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 8(1), pages 52-86, March.
- Bekaert, Geert & Harvey, Campbell R. & Lundblad, Christian, 2005.
"Does financial liberalization spur growth?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 3-55, July.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian Lundblad, 2001. "Does Financial Liberalization Spur Growth?," NBER Working Papers 8245, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geert Bekaert & Campbell R. Harvey & Christian Lundblad, 2004. "Does Financial Liberalization Spur Growth?," Working Paper Research 53, National Bank of Belgium.
- Abdul Abiad & Ashoka Mody, 2005. "Financial Reform: What Shakes It? What Shapes It?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(1), pages 66-88, March.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen, 1998.
"Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, pages 115-143.
- R Blundell & Steven Bond, "undated". "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data model," Economics Papers W14&104., Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Blundell, R. & Bond, S., 1995. "Initial Conditions and Moment Restrictions in Dynamic Panel Data Models," Economics Papers 104, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Richard Blundell & Stephen Bond, 1995. "Initial conditions and moment restrictions in dynamic panel data models," IFS Working Papers W95/17, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Khan, Mohsin S. & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1990.
"Private investment and economic growth in developing countries,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 19-27, January.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Khan, Mohsin, 1989. "Private investment and economic growth in developing countries," MPRA Paper 13655, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Arestis, Philip, et al, 2002.
"The Impact of Financial Liberalization Policies on Financial Development: Evidence from Developing Economies,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 7(2), pages 109-121, April.
- Philip Arestis & Panicos O. Demetriades & Bassam Fattouh & Kostas Mouratidis, 2002. "The Impact of Financial Liberalisation Policies on Financial Development Evidence from Developing Economies," Discussion Papers in Economics 02/1, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Demetriades, Panicos O & Luintel, Kul B, 1996. "Financial Development, Economic Growth and Banker Sector Controls: Evidence from India," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(435), pages 359-374, March.
- Ndikumana, Leonce, 2000. "Financial Determinants of Domestic Investment in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Panel Data," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 381-400, February.
- Shrestha, M.B. & Chowdhury, k., 2006. "Financial Liberalization Index for Nepal," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 3(1), pages 41-54.
- Jenkins, Carolyn, 1998. "Determinants of Private Investment in Zimbabwe," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 7(1), pages 34-61, March.
- Caselli, Francesco & Esquivel, Gerardo & Lefort, Fernando, 1996.
"Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 363-389, September.
- Francesco Caselli & Gerardo Esquivel & Fernando Lefort, 1997. "Reopening the Convergence Debate: A New Look at Cross-Country Growth Empirics," Working Papers Central Bank of Chile 03, Central Bank of Chile.
- Ang, James B., 2009. "Private Investment and Financial Sector Policies in India and Malaysia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 1261-1273, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Sakyi & Micheal Kofi Boachie & Mustapha Immurana, 2016. "Does Financial Development Drive Private Investment in Ghana?," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-12, December.
- Muyambiri, Brian & Odhiambo, Nicholas Mbaya, 2017. "Investment dynamics in Mauritius:Does financial development matter?," Working Papers 22077, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Anthony Orji & God'stime Osekhebhen Eigbiremolen & Jonathan Emenike Ogbuabor, 2014. "Impact of Financial Liberalization on Private Investment: Empirical Evidence from Nigerian Data," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 4, pages 77-86, May.
- Adeniyi, Oluwatosin & Oyinlola, Abimbola & Omisakin, Olusegun & Egwaikhide, Festus O., 2015. "Financial development and economic growth in Nigeria: Evidence from threshold modelling," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 11-21.
- repec:rss:jnljfe:v3i1p3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maame Esi Eshun & George Adu & Emmanuel Buabeng, 2014.
"The Financial Determinants of Private Investment in Ghana,"
International Journal of Financial Economics,
Research Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 3(1), pages 25-40.
- Eshun, Maame Esi & Adu, George & Buabeng, Emmanuel, 2014. "THE financial determinants of private investment in ghana," MPRA Paper 57570, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPrivate Investment; Financial Sector Reforms; Sub-Saharan Africa;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:36:y:2011:i:3:p:79-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.