Inversión Privada e Impuestos Corporativos: Evidencia para Chile
Using annual data from Chile since the beginning of the eighties, we show that an increase in the corporate tax reduces firm's investment. However the impact differs across firm size. In small and medium firms, investment as a fraction of the capital stoc
Volume (Year): 42 (2005)
Issue (Month): 126 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Avda. Vicuña Mackenna 4860, Macul, Santiago|
Phone: (562) 354-4303
Fax: (562) 553-1664
Web page: http://www.economia.uc.cl
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- du Toit, Charlotte & Moolman, Elna, 2004. "A neoclassical investment function of the South African economy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 647-660, July.
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- R. Vergara, 2010.
"Taxation and private investment: evidence for Chile,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(6), pages 717-725.
- Rodrigo Vergara, 2004. "Taxation and Private Investment: Evidence for Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 268, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Bustos, Alvaro & Engel, Eduardo M. R. A. & Galetovic, Alexander, 2004. "Could higher taxes increase the long-run demand for capital? Theory and evidence for Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 675-697, April.
- Alvaro Bustos & Eduardo Engel & Alexander Galetovic, 2002. "Could Higher Taxes Increase the Long-Run Demand for Capital?: Theory and Evidences for Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 145, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Eduardo M. Engel & Alvaro Bustos & Alexander Galetovic, 2004. "Could Higher Taxes Increase the Long-Run Demand for Capital?: Theory and Evidence for Chile," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm408, Yale School of Management.
- Alvaro Bustos & Eduardo Engel & Alexander Galetovic, 2003. "Could Higher Taxes Increase the Long-Run Demand for Capital? Theory and Evidence for Chile"," Working Papers 858, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- R. Glenn Hubbard & Anil K Kashyap & Toni M. Whited, 1993. "Internal Finance and Firm Investment," NBER Working Papers 4392, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jason G. Cummins & Kevin A. Hassett & R. Glenn Hubbard, 1994. "A Reconsideration of Investment Behavior Using Tax Reforms as Natural Experiments," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 25(2), pages 1-74.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991. "Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.