A Q-model of labour demand
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Pindyck, Robert S & Rotemberg, Julio J, 1983.
" Dynamic Factor Demands under Rational Expectations,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(2), pages 223-238.
- Robert S. Pindyck & Julio J. Rotemberg, 1982. "Dynamic Factor Demands Under Rational Expectations," NBER Working Papers 1015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pindyck, Robert S. & Rotemberg, Julio., 1982. "Dynamic factor demands under rational expectations," Working papers 1351-82., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, 1986.
"The Dynamic Demand for Capital and Labor,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 101(3), pages 513-542.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, 1984. "The Dynamic Demand for Capital and Labor," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 735, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Matthew D. Shapiro, 1986. "The Dynamic Demand for Capital and Labor," NBER Working Papers 1899, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen R. Bond & Jason G. Cummins, 2000. "The Stock Market and Investment in the New Economy: Some Tangible Facts and Intangible Fictions," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(1), pages 61-124.
- Blundell, Richard & Bond, Stephen & Devereux, Michael & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 1992. "Investment and Tobin's Q: Evidence from company panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 233-257.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Saint-Paul, Gilles, 1992. "The macroeconomic impact of flexible labor contracts, with an application to Spain," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1013-1047, June.
- M. Concepcion Sanz, 1994. "Una estimación de la demanda de trabajo manual y no manual," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 18(2), pages 333-364, May.
- Jason G. Cummins & Kevin A. Hassett & R. Glenn Hubbard, 1994. "A Reconsideration of Investment Behavior Using Tax Reforms as Natural Experiments," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 25(2), pages 1-74.
- Alonso-Borrego, Cesar & Bentolila, Samuel, 1994. "Investment and Q in Spanish Manufacturing Firms," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 56(1), pages 49-65, February.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Bond, Stephen & Van Reenen, John, 2007. "Microeconometric Models of Investment and Employment," Handbook of Econometrics,in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 6, chapter 65 Elsevier.
- Ángel Estrada & Javier Vallés, 1998. "Investment and financial structure in Spanish manufacturing firms," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 22(3), pages 337-359, September.
- Alonso-Borrego, Cesar, 1998.
"Demand for labour inputs and adjustment costs: evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms,"
Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 475-497, December.
- Alonso-Borrego, César, 1996. "Demand for labour inputs and adjustment costs : evidence from Spanish manufacturing firms," UC3M Working papers. Economics 3976, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Tobin, James, 1969. "A General Equilibrium Approach to Monetary Theory," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 1(1), pages 15-29, February.
- Hayashi, Fumio, 1982.
"Tobin's Marginal q and Average q: A Neoclassical Interpretation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 213-224, January.
- Fumio Hayashi, 1981. "Tobin's Marginal q and Average a : A Neoclassical Interpretation," Discussion Papers 457, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
More about this item
Keywordsq model; adjustment costs; labour demand; panel data;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J32 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Nonwage Labor Costs and Benefits; Retirement Plans; Private Pensions
- E22 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Investment; Capital; Intangible Capital; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bde:wpaper:0626. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (María Beiro. Electronic Dissemination of Information Unit. Research Department. Banco de España). General contact details of provider: http://www.bde.es/ .