The Chilean Voucher System: Some New Results and Research Challenges
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Caroline Minter Hoxby, 2003.
"School Choice and School Productivity. Could School Choice Be a Tide that Lifts All Boats?,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Economics of School Choice, pages 287-342
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Caroline M. Hoxby, 2002. "School Choice and School Productivity (or Could School Choice be a Tide that Lifts All Boats?)," NBER Working Papers 8873, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claudio Sapelli & Arístides Torche, 2002. "Subsidios al Alumno o a la Escuela: Efectos sobre la Elección de Colegios," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 39(117), pages 175-202.
- Van de ven, Wynand P.M.M. & Ellis, Randall P., 2000. "Risk adjustment in competitive health plan markets," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 14, pages 755-845 Elsevier.
- Claudio Sapelli & Bernardita Vial, 2002. "The Performance of Private and Public Schools in the Chilean Voucher System," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 39(118), pages 423-454.
- Alejandra Mizala & Pilar Romaguera, 2000. "Determinación de factores explicativos de los resultados escolares en educación media en Chile," Documentos de Trabajo 85, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Hanushek, Eric A, 1986. "The Economics of Schooling: Production and Efficiency in Public Schools," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 24(3), pages 1141-1177, September.
- Cristian Aedo & Claudio Sapelli, "undated". "El Sistema De Vouchers En La Educaciã“N: Una Revisiã“N De La Teorã A Y La Evidencia Empã Rica Para Chile," ILADES-UAH Working Papers inv133, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Business.
- Chang-Tai Hsieh & Miguel Urquiola, 2003. "When Schools Compete, How Do They Compete? An Assessment of Chile's Nationwide School Voucher Program," NBER Working Papers 10008, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Epple, Dennis & Romano, Richard E, 1998. "Competition between Private and Public Schools, Vouchers, and Peer-Group Effects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(1), pages 33-62, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francisco Gallego & Andrés Hernando, 2009. "School Choice in Chile: Looking at the Demand Side," Documentos de Trabajo 356, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Emanuela di Gropello, 2006. "Meeting the Challenges of Secondary Education in Latin America and East Asia : Improving Efficiency and Resource Mobilization," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7173, September.
- repec:sae:envirc:v:36:y:2018:i:8:p:1499-1521 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrinos, Harry A. & Sakellariou, Chris, 2011.
"Quality of Schooling, Returns to Schooling and the 1981 Vouchers Reform in Chile,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 2245-2256.
- Patrinos, Harry Anthony, 2008. "Quality of schooling, returns to schooling and the 1981 vouchers reform in Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4617, The World Bank.
- Gallego Francisco, 2013.
"When Does Inter-School Competition Matter? Evidence from the Chilean “Voucher” System,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 13(2), pages 525-562, August.
- Francisco Gallego, 2012. "When does Inter-School Competition Matter? Evidence from the Chilean 'Voucher' System," Documentos de Trabajo 429, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Paredes, Ricardo D. & Drago, José Luis, 2011. "The quality gap in Chile's education system," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Francisco A. Gallego, 2004. "School Choice, Incentives, and Academic Outcomes: Evidence from Chile," Econometric Society 2004 Latin American Meetings 39, Econometric Society.
- Idrovo Aguirre, Byron, 2007.
"¿Son las escuelas particulares subvencionadas mejores que las municipales? Estimación de la ecuación de logro escolar para Chile
[Are the subsidized particular schools better than the public school," MPRA Paper 10665, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paredes, Ricardo D. & Paredes, Valentina, 2009. "Chile: academic performance and educational management under a rigid employment regime," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Pauline Dixon, 2013. "International Aid and Private Schools for the Poor," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 15122.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ioe:cuadec:v:40:y:2003:i:121:p:530-538. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jaime Casassus). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iepuccl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.