Farmers’ Choices In The Vegetable Supply Chain: Problems And Possibilities
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Matthew Gorton, 1999. "Spatial variations in markets served by UK-based small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(1), pages 39-55, January.
- Per Pinstrup-Andersen, 2002. "Food and Agricultural Policy for a Globalizing World: Preparing for the Future," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 84(5), pages 1201-1214.
- Fischer, Christian & Hartmann, Monika & Reynolds, Nikolai & Leat, Philip M.K. & Revoredo-Giha, Cesar & Henchion, Maeve M. & Gracia, Azucena, 2008. "Agri-food chain relationships in Europe – empirical evidence and implications for sector competitiveness," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 44265, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Kym Anderson, 2006.
"Reducing Distortions to Agricultural Incentives: Progress, Pitfalls, and Prospects,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(5), pages 1135-1146.
- Anderson, Kym, 2006. "Reducing distortions to agricultural incentives : progress, pitfalls, and prospects," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4092, The World Bank.
- Gellynck, Xavier & Kuhne, Bianka & Weaver, Robert D., 2011.
"Relationship Quality and Innovation Capacity of Chains: The Case of the Traditional Food Sector in the EU,"
International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 2(1), pages 1-22, September.
- Gellynck, Xavier & Kuhne, Bianka & Weaver, Robert D., 2010. "Relationship Quality and Innovation Capacity of Chains: The Case of the Traditional Food Sector in the EU," 2010 International European Forum, February 8-12, 2010, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 100498, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Asche, Frank & Bellemare, Marc F. & Roheim, Cathy & Smith, Martin D. & Tveteras, Sigbjørn, 2015. "Fair Enough? Food Security and the International Trade of Seafood," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 151-160.
- Leiwen Jiang & Karen Hardee, 2011. "How do Recent Population Trends Matter to Climate Change?," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 30(2), pages 287-312, April.
- Deepak Bhagat & U.R. Dhar, 2014. "Relationship Dynamics in the Pineapple Supply Chain: Empirical Evidence from the Garo Hills of Meghalaya," Global Business Review, International Management Institute, vol. 15(4), pages 747-765, December.
- Bagumire, Ananias & Todd, Ewen C.D. & Muyanja, Charles & Nasinyama, George W., 2009. "National food safety control systems in Sub-Saharan Africa: Does Uganda's aquaculture control system meet international requirements," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 458-467, October.
- Jose Blandon & Spencer Henson & Towhidul Islam, 2009. "Marketing preferences of small-scale farmers in the context of new agrifood systems: a stated choice model," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 251-267.
- Azar, Goudarz, 2011. "Food Culture Distance: An Antecedent to Export Marketing Strategy Adaptation - An Empirical Examination of Swedish and Finnish Food Processing Companies," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 14(3), pages 1-28, September.
- Wichelns, Dennis, 2003. "Enhancing water policy discussions by including analysis of non-water inputs and farm-level constraints," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 93-103, September.
- Moreira, Victor H. & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Dunner, Roberto & Vidal, Ricardo, 2012. "Total Factor Productivity Change in Dairy Production in Southern Chile: Is Farm Size Significant?," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126895, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Bezat-Jarzębowska, Agnieszka & Rembisz, Włodzimierz, 2016. "The Role of Agri-food Processor in the Food Economics," 2016 International European Forum (151st EAAE Seminar), February 15-19, 2016, Innsbruck-Igls, Austria 244471, International European Forum on System Dynamics and Innovation in Food Networks.
- Carmen Hubbard & Matthew Gorton, 2011. "Placing Agriculture within Rural Development: Evidence from EU Case Studies," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 29(1), pages 80-95, February.
- Amanda Mackloet & Veronique A.J.M. Schutjens & Piet Korteweg, 2006. "Home-Based Business: Exploring the Place Attachment of Entrepreneurs," ERSA conference papers ersa06p694, European Regional Science Association.
- Azar, Goudarz, 2012. "Inpatriates and Expatriates: Sources of Strategic Human Capital for Multinational Food and Beverage Firms," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 15(A), pages 1-7, June.
- John Cleland, 2013. "World Population Growth; Past, Present and Future," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 55(4), pages 543-554, August.
- Matthew Gorton & Angela Tregear, 2008. "Government Support to Regional Food Producers: An Assessment of England's Regional Food Strategy," Environment and Planning C, , vol. 26(6), pages 1047-1060, December.
- Malorgio, Giulio & Camanzi, Luca & Grazia, Cristina, 2012. "Supply chain relationships and quality certification schemes: a case study in fisheries," Politica Agricola Internazionale - International Agricultural Policy, Edizioni L'Informatore Agrario, issue 1, pages 1-18, August.
- Thelma Quince & Hugh Whittaker, 2002. "Close Encounters: Evidence of the potential benefits of proximity to local industrial clusters," Working Papers wp235, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Nilabja Ghosh & Basudeb Guha-Khasnobis, 2006. "Looking for Answers to the Food Security Problem: India under Current Compulsions," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2006-123, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Alboiu, Cornelia, 2012. "Governance and Contractual Structure in the Vegetable Supply Chain in Romania," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(4), pages 68-82, December.
More about this item
Keywordstesting hypothesis; vegetable farms; retail chains.;
All these keywords.
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iag:reviea:v:8:y:2011:i:2:p:221-234. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaacaro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Corina Saman (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iaacaro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.