Can Consumers Understand Sustainability through Seafood Eco-Labels? A U.S. and UK Case Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ben Youssef Adel & Abderrazak Chema, 2009.
"Multiplicity of Eco-Labels, Competition, and the Environment,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 7(2), pages 1-24, December.
- Chema Abderrazak & Adel Ben Youssef, 2009. "Multiplicity of eco-labels, competition, and the environment," Post-Print halshs-00937183, HAL.
- Johnston, Robert J. & Roheim, Cathy A., 2006. "A Battle of Taste and Environmental Convictions for Ecolabeled Seafood: A Contingent Ranking Experiment," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 31(2), pages 1-18, August.
- Fletcher, Stephen & Potts, Jonathan S. & Heeps, Carolyn & Pike, Kate, 2009. "Public awareness of marine environmental issues in the UK," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 370-375, March.
- Pieniak, Zuzanna & Vanhonacker, Filiep & Verbeke, Wim, 2013. "Consumer knowledge and use of information about fish and aquaculture," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 25-30.
- Karlsen, Kine Mari & Hermansen, Øystein & Dreyer, Bent M., 2012. "Eco-labeling of seafood: Does it affect the harvesting patterns of Norwegian fishermen?," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 1123-1130.
- Hallstein, Eric & Villas-Boas, Sofia B., 2013.
"Can household consumers save the wild fish? Lessons from a sustainable seafood advisory,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 52-71.
- Hallstein, Eric & Villas-Boas, Sofia B, 2013. "Can Household Consumers Save the Wild Fish? Lessons from a Sustainable Seafood Advisory," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt29v6w5sp, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Gordon L Clark & Tessa Hebb, 2005. "Why should they care? The role of institutional investors in the market for corporate global responsibility," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(11), pages 2015-2031, November.
- Brécard, Dorothée & Hlaimi, Boubaker & Lucas, Sterenn & Perraudeau, Yves & Salladarré, Frédéric, 2009. "Determinants of demand for green products: An application to eco-label demand for fish in Europe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 115-125, November.
- Jaffry, Shabbar & Pickering, Helen & Ghulam, Yaseen & Whitmarsh, David & Wattage, Prem, 2004. "Consumer choices for quality and sustainability labelled seafood products in the UK," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 215-228, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mónica Pérez-Ramírez & Marco A. Almendarez-Hernández & Gerzaín Avilés-Polanco & Luis F. Beltrán-Morales, 2015. "Consumer Acceptance of Eco-Labeled Fish: A Mexican Case Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(4), pages 1-18, April.
- Erpeng Wang & Zhifeng Gao, 2017. "Chinese Consumer Quality Perception and Preference of Traditional Sustainable Rice Produced by the Integrated Rice–Fish System," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(12), pages 1-13, December.
- Kate Barclay & Alice Miller, 2018. "The Sustainable Seafood Movement Is a Governance Concert, with the Audience Playing a Key Role," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Patrizia Gazzola & Gianluca Colombo & Roberta Pezzetti & Luminița Nicolescu, 2017. "Consumer Empowerment in the Digital Economy: Availing Sustainable Purchasing Decisions," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(5), pages 1-19, April.
- Marco Lerro & Maria Raimondo & Marcello Stanco & Concetta Nazzaro & Giuseppe Marotta, 2019. "Cause Related Marketing among Millennial Consumers: The Role of Trust and Loyalty in the Food Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(2), pages 1-16, January.
- Seppo Junnila & Juudit Ottelin & Laura Leinikka, 2018. "Influence of Reduced Ownership on the Environmental Benefits of the Circular Economy," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-13, November.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumers; eco-label; sustainable seafood; sustainable seafood movement;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:6:y:2014:i:11:p:8195-8217:d:42446. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.