A Battle of Taste and Environmental Convictions for Ecolabeled Seafood: A Contingent Ranking Experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Holland, Daniel & Wessells, Cathy R., 1998.
"Predicting Consumer Preferences for Fresh Salmon: The Influence of Safety Inspection and Production Method Attributes,"
Agricultural and Resource Economics Review,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 27(01), pages 1-14, April.
- Holland, Daniel S. & Roheim, Cathy A., 1998. "Predicting Consumer Preferences For Fresh Salmon: The Influence Of Safety Inspection And Production Method Attributes," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 27(1), April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Feicht, Robert & Grimm, Veronika & Seebauer, Michael, 2016. "An experimental study of corporate social responsibility through charitable giving in Bertrand markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 88-101.
- Krishna Paudel & Mahesh Pandit & Michael Dunn, 2013. "Using spectral analysis and multinomial logit regression to explain households’ choice patterns," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 739-760, April.
- Malin Jonell & Beatrice Crona & Kelsey Brown & Patrik Rönnbäck & Max Troell, 2016. "Eco-Labeled Seafood: Determinants for (Blue) Green Consumption," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-19, September.
- Meas, Thong & Hu, Wuyang, 2014. "Consumers’ Willingness to Pay for Seafood Attributes: A Multi-species and Multi-state Comparison," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162505, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Uchida, Hirotsugu & Onozaka, Yuko & Morita, Tamaki & Managi, Shunsuke, 2014.
"Demand for ecolabeled seafood in the Japanese market: A conjoint analysis of the impact of information and interaction with other labels,"
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 68-76.
- MORITA Tamaki & MANAGI Shunsuke, 2010. "Eco-labeling of Fish and Fishery Products in Japan: Analysis of a web survey (Japanese)," Discussion Papers (Japanese) 10037, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Taylor, Rebecca & Krovetz, Hannah, 2016.
"Willingness to Pay for Low Water Footprint Food Choices During Drought,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt9vh3x180, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Hannah Krovetz & Rebecca Taylor & Sofia Villas-Boas, 2017. "Willingness to Pay for Low Water Footprint Food Choices During Drought," NBER Working Papers 23495, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Hallstein, Eric, 2013. "Are Consumers Color Blind? An Empirical Investigation of a Traffic Light Advisory for Sustainable Seafood," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt4gw7w7cf, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Robert Fonner, 2015. "Willingness to Pay for Multiple Seafood Labels in a Niche Market," Marine Resource Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 51-70.
- Brécard Dorothée & Lucas Sterenn & Pichot Nathalie & Salladarré Frédéric, 2012.
"Consumer Preferences for Eco, Health and Fair Trade Labels. An Application to Seafood Product in France,"
Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization,
De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-32, April.
- Dorothée Brécard & Sterenn Lucas & Nathalie Pichot & Frédéric Salladarré, 2012. "Consumer Preferences for Eco, Health and Fair Trade Labels. An Application to Seafood Product in France," Post-Print hal-00593744, HAL.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-16-00642 is not listed on IDEAS
- Villas-Boas, Sofia B & Hilger, James & Stevens, Andrew & Hallstein, Eric, 2016. "Measuring Willingness to Pay for Environmental Attributes in Seafood," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt6nh0g7fg, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- David L. Ortega & H. Holly Wang & Nicole J. Olynk Widmar, 2014. "Aquaculture imports from Asia: an analysis of U.S. consumer demand for select food quality attributes," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(5), pages 625-634, September.
- Alexis Gutierrez & Thomas F. Thornton, 2014. "Can Consumers Understand Sustainability through Seafood Eco-Labels? A U.S. and UK Case Study," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-23, November.
- Dana Miller & Stefano Mariani, 2013. "Irish fish, Irish people: roles and responsibilities for an emptying ocean," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 529-546, April.
- Wakamatsu, Hiroki & Miyata, Tsutom & Kamiyama, Ryutaro, 2016. "An Analysis of Introducing Unspawned Oysters in Japan Using a Contingent Valuation Method and Analytic Hierarchy Process," MPRA Paper 69680, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brett, Daniel F. & Melo, Oscar, 2010. "The Impact Of Health, Environmental And Social Attributes Of Salmon Choice In The United States," 115th Joint EAAE/AAEA Seminar, September 15-17, 2010, Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany 116398, European Association of Agricultural Economists;Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Durham Catherine A. & Roheim Cathy A. & Pardoe Iain, 2012. "Picking Apples: Can Multi-Attribute Ecolabels Compete?," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 10(1), pages 1-28, October.
- John C. Whitehead & O. Ashton Morgan & William L. Huth, 2016. "Convergent validity of stated preference methods to estimate willingness-to-pay for seafood traceability: The case of Gulf of Mexico oysters," Working Papers 16-15, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Frédéric Salladarré & Dorothée Brécard & Sterenn Lucas & Pierrick Ollivier, 2016.
"Are French consumers ready to pay a premium for eco-labeled seafood products? A contingent valuation estimation with heterogeneous anchoring,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 47(2), pages 247-258, March.
- Frédéric Salladarré & Dorothée Brécard & Sterenn Lucas & Pierrick Ollivier, 2016. "Are French consumers ready to pay a premium for eco-labeled seafood products? A contingent valuation estimation with heterogeneous anchoring," Post-Print halshs-01184097, HAL.
- repec:oup:ajagec:v:99:y:2017:i:4:p:1056-1077. is not listed on IDEAS
- Markus Kitzmueller & Jay Shimshack, 2012. "Economic Perspectives on Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 50(1), pages 51-84, March.
- repec:eee:ecolec:v:142:y:2017:i:c:p:113-119 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yao, Richard T. & Scarpa, Riccardo & Turner, James A. & Barnard, Tim D. & Rose, John M. & Palma, João H.N. & Harrison, Duncan R., 2014. "Valuing biodiversity enhancement in New Zealand's planted forests: Socioeconomic and spatial determinants of willingness-to-pay," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 90-101.
More about this item
Keywordsconjoint; contingent ranking; ecolabel; seafood; stated preference; Food Consumption/Nutrition/Food Safety;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ags:jlaare:8617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (AgEcon Search). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/waeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.