Technology, Policy, and Market Adaptation Mechanisms for Sustainable Fresh Produce Industry: The Case of Tomato Production in Florida, USA
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rihn, Alicia & Wei, Xuan & Khachatryan, Hayk, 2019. "Text vs. logo: Does eco-label format influence consumers’ visual attention and willingness-to-pay for fruit plants? An experimental auction approach," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 82(C).
- Maria G. Lampridi & Claus G. Sørensen & Dionysis Bochtis, 2019. "Agricultural Sustainability: A Review of Concepts and Methods," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-27, September.
- Sandra S. Batie, 1989. "Sustainable Development: Challenges to Profession of Agricultural Economics," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 71(5), pages 1083-1101.
- Kaufman, Phillip R. & Handy, Charles R. & McLaughlin, Edward W. & Park, Kristen & Green, Geoffrey M., 2000. "Understanding The Dynamics Of Produce Markets: Consumption And Consolidation Grow," Agricultural Information Bulletins 33747, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Dimitri, Carolyn & Tegene, Abebayehu & Kaufman, Phillip R., 2003. "U.S. Fresh Produce Markets: Marketing Channels, Trade Practices, And Retail Pricing Behavior," Agricultural Economic Reports 33907, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Sacks, R. & Yi, S.S. & Nonas, C., 2015. "Increasing access to fruits and vegetables: Perspectives from the New York City experience," American Journal of Public Health, American Public Health Association, vol. 105(5), pages 29-37.
- Wu, Feng & Qushim, Berdikul & Calle, Marcelo & Guan, Zhengfei, 2018. "Government Support in Mexican Agriculture," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 33(3), September.
- Nzaku, Kilungu & Houston, Jack E. & Fonsah, Esendugue Greg, 2011. "U.S. Demand for Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Imports," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 42(1), pages 1-5, March.
- Batie, Sandra S., 1989. "Sustainable Development: Challenges to the Profession of Agricultural Economics," 1989 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 2, Baton Rouge, Louisiana 270686, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Low, Sarah A. & Vogel, Stephen J., 2011. "Direct and Intermediated Marketing of Local Foods in the United States," Economic Research Report 118025, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Guenther, Robert, 2017. "The Wonderful World of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables," Agricultural Outlook Forum 2017 260554, United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Outlook Forum.
- Riccardo Testa & Anna Maria di Trapani & Filippo Sgroi & Salvatore Tudisca, 2014. "Economic Sustainability of Italian Greenhouse Cherry Tomato," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(11), pages 1-15, November.
- Lien, Gudbrand & Brian Hardaker, J. & Flaten, Ola, 2007. "Risk and economic sustainability of crop farming systems," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 541-552, May.
- Asci, Serhat & VanSickle, John J. & Cantliffe, Daniel J., 2013. "The Potential for Greenhouse Tomato Production Expansion in Florida," 2013 Annual Meeting, February 2-5, 2013, Orlando, Florida 143095, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Schieffer, Jack & Vassalos, Michael, 2015. "Risk and the Use of Contracts by Vegetable Growers," Choices: The Magazine of Food, Farm, and Resource Issues, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1-4, August.
- Juan Carlos Pérez-Mesa & Laura Piedra-Muñoz & Mª Carmen García-Barranco & Cynthia Giagnocavo, 2019. "Response of Fresh Food Suppliers to Sustainable Supply Chain Management of Large European Retailers," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(14), pages 1-24, July.
- Oakley, Emily, 2014. "Leveraging USDA Programs For Economic Development Through Food Systems," Agricultural Outlook Forum 2014 168656, United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Outlook Forum.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fox, Glenn, 1990. "The Economics Of The Sustainable Agriculture Movement," 1990 Annual meeting, August 5-8, Vancouver, Canada 270725, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1991.
"Sustainable Growth In Agricultural Production: Poetry, Policy And Science,"
13601, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1993. "Sustainable Growth In Agricultural Production: Poetry, Policy And Science," Staff Papers 13415, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Runge, C. Ford, 1992. "A Policy Perspective On The Sustainability Of Production Environments: Toward A Land Theory Of Value," Working Papers 14443, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Longworth, John W., 1991. "Human Capital Formation for Sustainable Agricultural Development," 1991 Conference, August 22-29, 1991, Tokyo, Japan 183234, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Azam khatibi, 2015. "The Effect of University Establishment on Economic, Cultural, and Social Development in Iranian Cities," International Journal of Asian Social Science, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 5(2), pages 97-112, February.
- Hinson, Roger A. & Sinoha, Ramona & Reaves, Dixie Watts, 2006. "Industry Concentration Impacts on Business Strategies Used by Small Produce Wholesalers," 2006 Annual Meeting, February 5-8, 2006, Orlando, Florida 35291, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Woods, Timothy A. & Saghaian, Sayed H. & Ona, Lucia Y., 2009. "Will Higher Shipping Costs Drive the U.S. to Source More Localized Produce?," 2009 Annual Meeting, January 31-February 3, 2009, Atlanta, Georgia 46872, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Batie, Sandra S., 1992. "Changing Demands on Agriculture in Today's Society and the Role of the Land Grant University," Staff Papers 232548, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Armando Llop, 1991. "Economic degradation, conservation and allocation of water resources," Natural Resources Forum, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 15(4), pages 313-321, November.
- Nieuwoudt, W. L., 1992. "Agricultural Policy Research: Some Thoughts Concerning Methodology And Technology," Agrekon, Agricultural Economics Association of South Africa (AEASA), vol. 31(1), March.
- Paul Webster, 1999. "The Challenge of Sustainability at the Farm Level: Presidential Address," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(3), pages 371-387, September.
- Cook, Brian R. & Satizábal, Paula & Curnow, Jayne, 2021. "Humanising agricultural extension: A review," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 140(C).
- Debertin, David L. & Pagoulatos, Angelos, 2015. "Production Practices and Systems in Sustainable Agriculture," Staff Papers 200248, University of Kentucky, Department of Agricultural Economics.
- Unknown, 1991. "Institutional Innovation And Environmental Quality," Staff Papers 14237, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Panagiotis Trivellas & Georgios Malindretos & Panagiotis Reklitis, 2020. "Implications of Green Logistics Management on Sustainable Business and Supply Chain Performance: Evidence from a Survey in the Greek Agri-Food Sector," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(24), pages 1-29, December.
- Li, Chenguang & Sexton, Richard J., 2009. "Impacts of Retailers’ Pricing Strategies for Produce Commodities on Farmer Welfare," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51720, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Greiner, Romy & Miller, Owen & Patterson, Louisa, 2008. "The role of grazier motivations and risk attitudes in the adoption of grazing best management practices," 2008 Conference (52nd), February 5-8, 2008, Canberra, Australia 6002, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Xia, Tian & Sancewich, Brian, 2012. "Retail Markets and Buyer Power in Agricultural Procurements," 2012 Annual Meeting, August 12-14, 2012, Seattle, Washington 124929, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Timothy Park & Ashok K. Mishra & Shawn J. Wozniak, 2014. "Do farm operators benefit from direct to consumer marketing strategies?," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 45(2), pages 213-224, March.
- Cleary, Rebecca & Goetz, Stephan J. & Thilmany McFadden, Dawn D. & Ge, Houtian, 2017. "Location and Profit Drivers of Local Food Hubs," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258538, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordstomato; Florida; environmental sustainability; fair food; produce supply chain;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:13:y:2021:i:11:p:5933-:d:561457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: XML Conversion Team (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.