Role of Foreign Capital in Stability of Banking Sectors in CESEE Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lepetit, Laetitia & Strobel, Frank, 2015.
"Bank insolvency risk and Z-score measures: A refinement,"
Finance Research Letters,
Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 214-224.
- Laetitia Lepetit & Frank Strobel, 2015. "Bank Insolvency Risk and Z-Score Measures: A Refinement," Post-Print hal-01204881, HAL.
- Gregorio Impavido & Heinz Rudolph & Luigi Ruggerone, 2013. "Bank Funding in Central, Eastern and South Eastern Europe Post Lehman; A “New Normal”?," IMF Working Papers 13/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Anginer, Deniz & Cerutti, Eugenio & Martínez Pería, María Soledad, 2017.
"Foreign bank subsidiaries' default risk during the global crisis: What factors help insulate affiliates from their parents?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 19-31.
- Anginer, Deniz & Cerutti, Eugenio & Martinez Peria, Maria Soledad, 2014. "Foreign bank subsidiaries'default risk during the global crisis : what factors help insulate affiliates from their parents ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7053, The World Bank.
- Deniz Anginer & Eugenio M Cerutti & Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2016. "Foreign Bank Subsidiaries’ Default Risk during the Global Crisis; What Factors Help Insulate Affiliates from their Parents?," IMF Working Papers 16/109, International Monetary Fund.
- Udaibir S Das & Marc G Quintyn & Kina Chenard, 2004. "Does Regulatory Governance Matter for Financial System Stability? An Empirical Analysis," IMF Working Papers 04/89, International Monetary Fund.
- Ricardo Correa, 2009.
"Cross-Border Bank Acquisitions: Is there a Performance Effect?,"
Journal of Financial Services Research,
Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 36(2), pages 169-197, December.
- Ricardo Correa, 2008. "Cross-border bank acquisitions: Is there a performance effect?," International Finance Discussion Papers 922, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mevlud Islami & Jeong‐Ryeol Kurz‐Kim, 2014. "A Single Composite Financial Stress Indicator And Its Real Impact In The Euro Area," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 204-211, July.
- Claudia M. Buch & Cathérine T. Koch & Michael Koetter, 2013.
"Do Banks Benefit from Internationalization? Revisiting the Market Power--Risk Nexus,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 17(4), pages 1401-1435.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Koch, Cathérine Tahmee & Koetter, Michael, 2010. "Do banks benefit from internationalization? Revisiting the market power-risk nexus," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2010,09, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Laurent Weill, 2003. "Banking efficiency in transition economies," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(3), pages 569-592, September.
- Saibal Ghosh, 2012. "Foreign Banks in India: Liabilities or Assets?," Economic Papers, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 31(2), pages 225-243, June.
- repec:bla:buecrs:v:64:y:2012:i::p:s86-s108 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jan Willem van den End, 2006. "Indicator and boundaries of financial stability," DNB Working Papers 097, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Rainer Haselmann & Paul Wachtel, 2007. "Risk Taking by Banks in the Transition Countries," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 49(3), pages 411-429, September.
- Enrica Detragiache & Thierry Tressel & Poonam Gupta, 2008.
"Foreign Banks in Poor Countries: Theory and Evidence,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 63(5), pages 2123-2160, October.
- Enrica Detragiache & Poonam Gupta & Thierry Tressel, 2006. "Foreign Banks in Poor Countries; Theory and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 06/18, International Monetary Fund.
- Blaise Gadanecz & Kaushik Jayaram, 2009. "Measures of financial stability - a review," IFC Bulletins chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Proceedings of the IFC Conference on "Measuring financial innovation and its impact", Basel, 26-27 August 2008, volume 31, pages 365-380 Bank for International Settlements.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998.
"Law and Finance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 106(6), pages 1113-1155, December.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, "undated". "Law and Finance," Working Paper 19451, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silane & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," NBER Working Papers 5661, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "Law and Finance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1768, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1998. "Law and Finance," Scholarly Articles 3451310, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Franziska Bremus & Claudia M. Buch, 2015.
"Banking Market Structure and Macroeconomic Stability: Are Low-Income Countries Special?,"
Pacific Economic Review,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 73-100, February.
- Bremus, Franziska & Buch, Claudia M., 2014. "Banking market structure and macroeconomic stability: Are low-income countries special?," Discussion Papers 46/2014, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Illing, Mark & Liu, Ying, 2006. "Measuring financial stress in a developed country: An application to Canada," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 243-265, October.
- Chien-Chiang Lee & Meng-Fen Hsieh & Hua-Wei Dai, 2012. "How Does Foreign Bank Ownership In The Banking Sector Affect Domestic Bank Behaviour? A Dynamic Panel Data Analysis," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(Supplemen), pages 86-108, December.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Marton, Katherin, 2003.
"Development and efficiency of the banking sector in a transitional economy: Hungarian experience,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2249-2271, December.
- Hasan, Iftekhar & Marton, Katherin, 2000. "Development and efficiency of the banking sector in a transitional economy : Hungarian experience," BOFIT Discussion Papers 7/2000, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Berger, Allen N. & Hasan, Iftekhar & Zhou, Mingming, 2009. "Bank ownership and efficiency in China: What will happen in the world's largest nation?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 113-130, January.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio, Gerard Jr. & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Bank regulation and supervision: what works best?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 205-248, April.
- Barth, James R. & Caprio Jr., Gerard & Levine, Ross, 2001. "Bank regulation and supervision : what works best?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2725, The World Bank.
- James R. Barth & Gerard Caprio, Jr. & Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank Regulation and Supervision: What Works Best?," NBER Working Papers 9323, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cevik, Emrah Ismail & Dibooglu, Sel & Kutan, Ali M., 2013. "Measuring financial stress in transition economies," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 597-611.
- Stremmel, Hanno & Zsámboki, Balázs, 2015. "The relationship between structural and cyclical features of the EU financial sector," Working Paper Series 1812, European Central Bank.
- Klomp, Jeroen & Haan, Jakob de, 2012. "Banking risk and regulation: Does one size fit all?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(12), pages 3197-3212.
- Angkinand, Apanard & Wihlborg, Clas, 2010. "Deposit insurance coverage, ownership, and banks' risk-taking in emerging markets," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 252-274, March.
- repec:oup:rfinst:v:30:y:2017:i:3:p:703-749. is not listed on IDEAS
- Valentina Bruno & Hyun Song Shin, 2017.
"Global Dollar Credit and Carry Trades: A Firm-Level Analysis,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 30(3), pages 703-749.
- Valentina Bruno & Hyun Song Shin, 2015. "Global dollar credit and carry trades: a firm-level analysis," BIS Working Papers 510, Bank for International Settlements.
- Fang, Yiwei & Hasan, Iftekhar & Marton, Katherin, 2014. "Institutional development and bank stability: Evidence from transition countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 160-176.
- Cardarelli, Roberto & Elekdag, Selim & Lall, Subir, 2011. "Financial stress and economic contractions," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 78-97, June.
More about this item
Keywordsfinancial stability; financial strength; foreign capital; CESEE; subsidiary;
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:fauart:v:67:y:2017:i:6:p:492-511. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icunicz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.