Time-Varying Betas of Banking Sectors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2012.
"Follow the Money: Quantifying Domestic Effects of Foreign Bank Shocks in the Great Recession,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 213-218, May.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2012. "Follow the Money: Quantifying Domestic Effects of Foreign Bank Shocks in the Great Recession," NBER Working Papers 17873, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicola Cetorelli & Linda S. Goldberg, 2012. "Follow the money: quantifying domestic effects of foreign bank shocks in the Great Recession," Staff Reports 545, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Engle, Robert F & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1988. "A Capital Asset Pricing Model with Time-Varying Covariances," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 116-131, February.
- Sascha Mergner & Jan Bulla, 2008.
"Time-varying beta risk of Pan-European industry portfolios: A comparison of alternative modeling techniques,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(8), pages 771-802.
- Sascha Mergner & Jan Bulla, 2005. "Time-varying Beta Risk of Pan-European Industry Portfolios: A Comparison of Alternative Modeling Techniques," Finance 0510029, EconWPA.
- Lie, Frida & Brooks, Robert & Faff, Robert, 2000. "Modelling the Equity Beta Risk of Australian Financial Sector Companies," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(3), pages 301-311, September.
- Caporale, Tony, 2012. "Time varying CAPM betas and banking sector risk," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 293-295.
- Barnes, Michelle L. & Lopez, Jose A., 2006.
"Alternative measures of the Federal Reserve Banks' cost of equity capital,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 30(6), pages 1687-1711, June.
- Michelle L. Barnes & Jose A. Lopez, 2005. "Alternative measures of the Federal Reserve banks' cost of equity capital," Working Paper Series 2005-06, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Michelle L. Barnes & Jose A. Lopez, 2005. "Alternative measures of the Federal Reserve banks' cost of equity capital," Public Policy Discussion Paper 05-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Claudia M. Buch & CathÃ©rine Tahmee Koch & Michael Kötter, 2009.
"Margins of International Banking: Is there a Productivity Pecking Order in Banking, too?,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2891, CESifo Group Munich.
- Buch, Claudia M. & Koch, Cathérine Tahmee & Koetter, Michael, 2009. "Margins of international banking: is there a productivity pecking order in banking, too?," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2009,12, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1996. "The econometrics of financial markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 15-102, May.
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1998. "Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference and Comparison with ARCH Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 361-393.
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marques-Ibanez, David, 2010.
"Bank risk and monetary policy,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 121-129, September.
- Altunbas, Yener & Gambacorta, Leonardo & Marqués-Ibáñez, David, 2009. "Bank risk and monetary policy," Working Paper Series 1075, European Central Bank.
- Yener Altunbas & Leonardo Gambacorta & David Marquï¿½s-Ibï¿½ï¿½ez, 2009. "Bank risk and monetary policy," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 712, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2010.
"Bayesian Multivariate Time Series Methods for Empirical Macroeconomics,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Econometrics,
now publishers, vol. 3(4), pages 267-358, July.
- Gary Koop & Dimitris Korobilis, 2009. "Bayesian Multivariate Time Series Methods for Empirical Macroeconomics," Working Paper series 47_09, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Koop, Gary & Korobilis, Dimitris, 2009. "Bayesian Multivariate Time Series Methods for Empirical Macroeconomics," MPRA Paper 20125, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Milan Rippel & Ivo Jánský, 2011. "Value at Risk forecasting with the ARMA-GARCH family of models in times of increased volatility," Working Papers IES 2011/27, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2011.
- Michael R King, 2009. "The cost of equity for global banks: a CAPM perspective from 1990 to 2009," BIS Quarterly Review, Bank for International Settlements, September.
- Groenewold, Nicolaas & Fraser, Patricia, 1999. "Time-varying estimates of CAPM betas," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 531-539.
- Garratt, Rodney & Mahadeva, Lavan & Svirydzenka, Katsiaryna, 2011. "Mapping systemic risk in the international banking network," Bank of England working papers 413, Bank of England.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kamil Galuscak & Adam Gersl & Marcela Gronychova & Petr Hlavac & Petr Jakubik & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova & Tomas Konecny & Jakub Seidler, 2014. "Stress-Testing Analyses of the Czech Financial System," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, Research Department, edition 1, volume 12, number rb12/1 edited by Jan Babecky & Roman Horvath.
- Jaromir Baxa & Michal Franta & Tomas Havranek & Roman Horvath & Miroslav Plasil & Marek Rusnak & Borek Vasicek, 2013. "Transmission of Monetary Policy," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, Research Department, edition 1, volume 11, number rb11/1 edited by Jan Babecky & Roman Horvath.
- Oxana Babecka Kucharcukova & Alexis Derviz & Vaclav Hausenblas & Michal Hlavacek & Mark Joy & Narcisa Kadlcakova & Lubos Komarek & Zlatuse Komarkova & Tomas Konecny & Ivana Kubicova & Jitka Lesanovska, 2014. "Macroprudential Research: Selected Issues," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, Research Department, edition 2, volume 12, number rb12/2 edited by Jan Babecky & Borek Vasicek.
- Robert Ambrisko & Vitezslav Augusta & Jan Babecky & Michal Franta & Dana Hajkova & Petr Kral & Jan Libich & Pavla Netusilova & Milan Rikovsky & Jakub Rysanek & Pavel Soukup & Petr Stehlik & Vilem Vale, 2013. "Macroeconomic Effects of Fiscal Policy," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, Research Department, edition 2, volume 11, number rb11/2 edited by Jan Babecky & Kamil Galuscak.
- Amine Amar & Ikrame Ben Slimane & Makram Bellalah, 2017. "Are Non-Conventional Banks More Resilient than Conventional Ones to Financial Crisis?," Working Papers hal-01455752, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsCAPM; time-varying beta; multivariate GARCH; Bayesian state-space models; stochastic volatility;
- C11 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Bayesian Analysis: General
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:fauart:v:62:y:2012:i:6:p:485-504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icunicz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.