Desempleo y criminalidad en los estados de la frontera norte de México: un enfoque espacial bayesiano de vectores auto-regresivos. (Unemployment and crime in the Northern-border states of Mexico: a spatial-Bayesian autoregressive vector approach)
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eleftherios Goulas & Athina Zervoyianni, 2013.
"Economic growth and crime: does uncertainty matter?,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(5), pages 420-427, March.
- Eleftherios Goulas & Athina Zervoyianni, 2012. "Economic Growth and Crime: Does Uncertainty Matter?," Working Paper series 51_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- C. Detotto & E. Otranto, 2010.
"Cycles in Crime and Economy: Leading, Lagging and Coincident Behaviors,"
Working Paper CRENoS
201023, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Claudio Detotto & Edoardo Otranto, 2012. "Cycles in Crime and Economy: Leading, Lagging and Coincident Behaviors," Post-Print hal-01972851, HAL.
- Vittorio, Daniele & Ugo, Marani, 2008.
"Organized Crime and Foreign Direct Investment: the Italian Case,"
7217, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vittorio Daniele & Ugo Marani, 2008. "Organized Crime and Foreign Direct Investment: The Italian Case," CESifo Working Paper Series 2416, CESifo Group Munich.
- Vittorio, Daniele & Ugo, Marani, 2008. "Organized Crime and Foreign Direct Investment: the Italian Case," MPRA Paper 7279, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nadir Ã–cal & JÃ¼lide Yildirim, 2010. "Regional effects of terrorism on economic growth in Turkey: A geographically weighted regression approach," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 47(4), pages 477-489, July.
- Ann Dryden Witte, 1980. "Estimating the Economic Model of Crime With Individual Data," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(1), pages 57-84.
- Matteo Ciccarelli & Alessandro Rebucci, 2003. "Bayesian Vars; A Survey of the Recent Literature with An Application to the European Monetary System," IMF Working Papers 03/102, International Monetary Fund.
- Litterman, Robert B, 1986.
"Forecasting with Bayesian Vector Autoregressions-Five Years of Experience,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 4(1), pages 25-38, January.
- Robert B. Litterman, 1985. "Forecasting with Bayesian vector autoregressions five years of experience," Working Papers 274, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- James P. LeSage & Zheng Pan, 1995. "Using Spatial Contiguity as Bayesian Prior Information in Regional Forecasting Models," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 18(1), pages 33-53, January.
- Tadashi Yamada & Tetsuji Yamada & Johan M. Kang, 1991. "Crime Rates Versus Labor Market Conditions; Theory and Time-Series Evidence," NBER Working Papers 3801, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Neanidis, Kyriakos C. & Papadopoulou, Vea, 2013.
"Crime, fertility, and economic growth: Theory and evidence,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 101-121.
- Kyriakos C. Neanidis & Vea Papadopoulou, 2012. "Crime, Fertility, and Economic Growth: Theory and Evidence," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 163, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- Krkoska Libor & Robeck Katrin, 2009. "Crime, Business Conduct and Investment Decisions: Enterprise Survey Evidence from 34 Countries in Europe and Asia," Review of Law & Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 493-516, September.
- James LeSage & Bryce Cashell, 2015. "A comparison of vector autoregressive forecasting performance: spatial versus non-spatial Bayesian priors," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 54(2), pages 533-560, March.
- Mingming Pan & Benjamin Widner & Carl E. Enomoto, 2012. "Growth And Crime In Contiguous States Of Mexico," Review of Urban & Regional Development Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1-2), pages 51-64, March.
- Dowd, Michael R. & LeSage, James P., 1997. "Analysis of spatial contiguity influences on state price level formation," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 245-253, June.
- Kumar, Surender, 2013. "Crime and Economic Growth: Evidence from India," MPRA Paper 48794, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Trumbull, William N, 1994. "Estimating the Economic Model of Crime with Panel Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(2), pages 360-366, May.
- Pan, Zheng & LeSage, James P., 1995. "Using spatial contiguity as prior information in vector autoregressive models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 137-142, February.
- Tadashi Yamada, 1985. "The Crime Rate and the Condition of the Labor Market: A Vector Autoregressive Model," NBER Working Papers 1782, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ehrlich, Isaac, 1973. "Participation in Illegitimate Activities: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 521-565, May-June.
More about this item
KeywordsDesempleo; Criminalidad; Robos; Frontera Norte; México; Vector Autorregresivo Espacial Bayesiano;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- K42 - Law and Economics - - Legal Procedure, the Legal System, and Illegal Behavior - - - Illegal Behavior and the Enforcement of Law
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ere:journl:v:xxxvi:y:2017:i:1:p:25-58. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dora María Vega Facio). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feualmx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.