Organized Crime and Foreign Direct Investment: The Italian Case
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Vittorio, Daniele & Ugo, Marani, 2008. "Organized Crime and Foreign Direct Investment: the Italian Case," MPRA Paper 7279, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vittorio, Daniele & Ugo, Marani, 2008. "Organized Crime and Foreign Direct Investment: the Italian Case," MPRA Paper 7217, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Uppenberg, Kristian & Riess, Armin, 2004. "Determinants and growth effects of foreign direct investment," EIB Papers 3/2004, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Crozet, Matthieu & Mayer, Thierry & Mucchielli, Jean-Louis, 2004.
"How do firms agglomerate? A study of FDI in France,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 27-54, January.
- Crozet, M. & Mayer, T. & Micchielli, J.L., 2000. "How Do Firms Agglomerate? A Study of FDI in France?," Papiers d'Economie MathÃ©matique et Applications 2000.50, UniversitÃ© PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Paris 1).
- Matthieu Crozet & Thierry Mayer & Jean-Louis Mucchielli, 2004. "How do firms Agglomerate? A Study of FDI in France," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00268770, HAL.
- Matthieu Crozet & Thierry Mayer & Jean-Louis Mucchielli, 2004. "How do firms agglomerate? A study of FDI in france," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/c8dmi8nm4pd, Sciences Po.
- Crozet, Matthieu & Mayer, Thierry & Mucchielli, Jean-Louis, 2003. "How do Firms Agglomerate? A Study of FDI in France," CEPR Discussion Papers 3873, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matthieu Crozet & Thierry Mayer & Jean-Louis Mucchielli, 2004. "How do firms agglomerate? A study of FDI in france," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01019657, HAL.
- Michael Devereux & Rachel Griffith & Helen Simpson, 2004. "Agglomeration, regional grants and firm location," IFS Working Papers W04/06, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Roberto Basile & Davide Castellani & Antonello Zanfei, 2004. "La localizzazione delle imprese multinazionali in Europa: il ruolo delle politiche dell'UE e le peculiarità dell'Italia," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 571-596.
- Lionel Artige & Rosella Nicolini, 2005.
"Evidence on the Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment: The Case of Three European Regions,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
655.05, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Lionel Artige & Rosella Nicolini, 2006. "Evidence on the Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment. The Case of Three European Regions," CREPP Working Papers 0607, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- Agiomirgianakis, G. M. & Asteriou, D. & Papathoma, K., 2003. "The determinants of foreign direct investment: a panel data study for the OECD countries," Working Papers 03/06, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Salvador Barrios & Holger GÃ¶rg & Eric Strobl, 2006.
"Multinationals' Location Choice, Agglomeration Economies, and Public Incentives,"
International Regional Science Review,
, vol. 29(1), pages 81-107, January.
- BARRIOS, Salvador & GORG, Holger & STROBL, Eric, 2003. "Multinationals' location choice, agglomeration economies and public incentives," CORE Discussion Papers 2003017, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Roberto Basile & Luigi Benfratello & Davide Castellani, 2005. "Attracting Foreign Investments in Europe - are Italian Regions Doomed?," ERSA conference papers ersa05p148, European Regional Science Association.
- Roberto Basile, 2002. "The Locational Determinants of Foreign-Owned Manufacturing Plants in Italy: Preliminary Results," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 92(4), pages 61-92, July-Augu.
- Vittorio Daniele, 2007. "Incentivi economici e disincentivi di contesto: gli investimenti esteri nel Mezzogiorno," RIVISTA DI ECONOMIA E STATISTICA DEL TERRITORIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2007(2), pages 5-34.
- Globerman, Steven & Shapiro, Daniel, 2002. "Global Foreign Direct Investment Flows: The Role of Governance Infrastructure," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1899-1919, November.
- Busse, Matthias & Hefeker, Carsten, 2007.
"Political risk, institutions and foreign direct investment,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 397-415, June.
- Hefeker, Carsten & Busse, Matthias, 2005. "Political Risk, Institutions and Foreign Direct Investment," HWWA Discussion Papers 315, Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWA).
- Peri Giovanni, 2004. "Socio-Cultural Variables and Economic Success: Evidence from Italian Provinces 1951-1991," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-36, September.
- Roberto, Basile, 2004.
"Acquisition versus greenfield investment: the location of foreign manufacturers in Italy,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 3-25, January.
- Roberto Basile, 2002. "Acquisition versus greenfield investment: the location of foreign manufacturers in Italy," ISAE Working Papers 27, ISTAT - Italian National Institute of Statistics - (Rome, ITALY).
- Devereux, Michael P. & Griffith, Rachel, 2003. "The Impact of Corporate Taxation on the Location of Capital: A Review," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 275-292, September.
- Marco Committeri, 2004. "Investire in Italia? Risultati di una recente indagine empirica," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 491, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Koenker, Roger W & Bassett, Gilbert, Jr, 1978. "Regression Quantiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 33-50, January.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000. "Local Corruption and Global Capital Flows," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(2), pages 303-354.
- Habib, M. & Zurawicki, L., 2001. "Country-level investments and the effect of corruption -- some empirical evidence," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 10(6), pages 687-700, December.
- Taylor, William E., 1980. "Small sample considerations in estimation from panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 203-223, June.
- R. Basile & A. Giunta, 2005. "La localizzazione degli investimenti diretti esteri in Italia: vincoli istituzionali, Mezzogiorno e politiche di attrazione," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 4, pages 771-794.
- Aikaterini Kokkinou & Ioannis Psycharis, 2004. "Foreign Direct Investments, Regional Incentives and Regional Attractiveness in Greece," ERSA conference papers ersa04p559, European Regional Science Association.
- Mayer, Thierry, 2004. "Where do foreign firms locate in France and why?," EIB Papers 7/2004, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Judson, Ruth A. & Owen, Ann L., 1999. "Estimating dynamic panel data models: a guide for macroeconomists," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 9-15, October.
- Giorgio Barba Navaretti & Anthony J. Venables, 2006. "Multinational Firms in the World Economy," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 7832.
- Konings, Jozef, 2004. "The employment effects of foreign direct investment," EIB Papers 4/2004, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- V. Daniele, 2005. "Perché le imprese estere non investono al Sud?," Rivista economica del Mezzogiorno, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 4, pages 795-818.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naddeo, Andreina, 2014. "How crime affects the economy: evidence from Italy," MPRA Paper 65419, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:etbull:v:5:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40505-017-0116-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Silvia Gómez Soler, 2012. "Organized Crime, Foreign Investment and Economic Growth," REVISTA ECONOMÍA & REGIÓN, UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLÓGICA DE BOLÍVAR, vol. 6(2), pages 5-32, December.
- Slim, Sadri, 2015.
"Un modelo Mundell-Fleming con economía ilegal y lavado de dinero
[Modeling illegal economy and money laundering: a Mundell-Fleming framework]," MPRA Paper 64675, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kyriakos C. Neanidis & Maria Paola Rana, 2014. "Entrepreneurs, Risk Aversion and Dynamic Firms," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 190, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- repec:kap:annfin:v:13:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10436-017-0299-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roberto Antonietti & Raffaello Bronzini & Giulio Cainelli, 2015. "Inward greenfield FDI and innovation," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 42(1), pages 93-116, March.
- Attilio Di Battista, 2013. "The Role of Geography and Institutions in determining FDI flows into Italian Provinces," ERSA conference papers ersa13p1185, European Regional Science Association.
- Gaetano Lisi & Maurizio Pugno, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship and the Hidden Economy: An Extended Matching Model,"
International Economic Journal,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 587-605.
- Gaetano Lisi & Maurizio Pugno, 2009. "Entrepreneurship and the Hidden Economy: an Extended Matching Model," Working Papers 2009-04, Universita' di Cassino, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche.
- Pugno, Maurizio & Lisi, Gaetano, 2010. "Entrepreneurship and the Hidden Economy: An Extended Matching Model," MPRA Paper 25301, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gaetano Lisi, 2010. "The Strange Case of Dr. “Unemployed” and Mr “Hidden” in Italy," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(4), pages 2802-2816.
- Nicola Daniele Coniglio & Giuseppe Celi & Cosimo Scagliusi, 2010. "Organized Crime, Migration and Human Capital Formation: Evidence from the South of Italy," SERIES 0028, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Mar 2010.
- Silvia Fedeli & Vito Mariella & Marco Onofri, "undated". "Determinants of joblessness during the economic crisis: the impact of criminality in the Italian labour market," Working Papers 176, University of Rome La Sapienza, Department of Public Economics.
- repec:idb:idbbks:385 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:ere:journl:v:xxxvi:y:2017:i:1:p:25-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Keith Blackburn & Kyriakos C. Neanidis & Maria Paola Rana, 2015. "Organized Crime, Corruption and Growth: Theory and Evidence," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 210, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- John Horton & Michele H. Lemay & Cassandra Rogers & Osmel Manzano & Ellen-Rose Kambel & Laura Alonso & Emma Näslund-Hadley & Bailey Klinger & Gangadhar P. Shukla & Dougal Martin & Matthew Shearer & Ri, 2010. "Towards a Sustainable and Efficient State: The Development Agenda of Belize," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 75702 edited by Osmel Manzano & Dougal Martin, February.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI determinants; Italy; crime; regional attractiveness;
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- R30 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - General
- R38 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_2416. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.