The impact of cultural differences on technology adoption
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David A Griffith & Michael Y Hu & John K Ryans, 2000. "Process Standardization across Intra- and Inter-Cultural Relationships," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(2), pages 303-324, June.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Taras, Vas & Steel, Piers & Kirkman, Bradley L., 2012. "Improving national cultural indices using a longitudinal meta-analysis of Hofstede's dimensions," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 329-341.
- Ronald Fischer & Angela Mansell, 2009. "Commitment across cultures: A meta-analytical approach," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(8), pages 1339-1358, October.
- Helen Hasan & George Ditsa, 1999. "The Impact of Culture on the Adoption of IT: An Interpretive Study," Journal of Global Information Management (JGIM), IGI Global, vol. 7(1), pages 5-15, January.
- Dimitratos, Pavlos & Petrou, Andreas & Plakoyiannaki, Emmanuella & Johnson, Jeffrey E., 2011. "Strategic decision-making processes in internationalization: Does national culture of the focal firm matter?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 194-204, April.
- Ralston, David A. & Hallinger, Philip & Egri, Carolyn P. & Naothinsuhk, Subhatra, 2005. "The effects of culture and life stage on workplace strategies of upward influence: A comparison of Thailand and the United States," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 321-337, August.
- Frank M. Bass, 2004. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(12_supple), pages 1825-1832, December.
- V. Srinivasan & Charlotte H. Mason, 1986. "Technical Note—Nonlinear Least Squares Estimation of New Product Diffusion Models," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 5(2), pages 169-178.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/2723 is not listed on IDEAS
- Vijay Mahajan & Subhash Sharma & Richard A. Bettis, 1988. "The Adoption of the M-Form Organizational Structure: A Test of Imitation Hypothesis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(10), pages 1188-1201, October.
- Andy C W Chui & Chuck C Y Kwok, 2008. "National culture and life insurance consumption," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(1), pages 88-101, January.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-793, May.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Working Papers 378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Frank M. Bass, 2004. "Comments on "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables The Bass Model"," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(12_supple), pages 1833-1840, December.
- Apfelthaler, Gerhard & Muller, Helen J. & Rehder, Robert R., 2002. "Corporate global culture as competitive advantage: learning from Germany and Japan in Alabama and Austria?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 108-118, July.
- N. Venkatraman & Lawrence Loh & Jeongsuk Koh, 1994. "The Adoption of Corporate Governance Mechanisms: A Test of Competing Diffusion Models," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 40(4), pages 496-507, April.
- Erumban, Abdul Azeez & de Jong, Simon B., 2006. "Cross-country differences in ICT adoption: A consequence of Culture?," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 41(4), pages 302-314, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andersson, Ulf & Dasí, Àngels & Mudambi, Ram & Pedersen, Torben, 2016. "Technology, innovation and knowledge: The importance of ideas and international connectivity," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 153-162.
- Laciana, Carlos E. & Rovere, Santiago L. & Podestá, Guillermo P., 2013. "Exploring associations between micro-level models of innovation diffusion and emerging macro-level adoption patterns," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 392(8), pages 1873-1884.
- Mauricio S. Featherman & Nick Hajli, 2016. "Self-Service Technologies and e-Services Risks in Social Commerce Era," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(2), pages 251-269, December.
- Galang, Roberto Martin N., 2014. "Divergent diffusion: Understanding the interaction between institutions, firms, networks and knowledge in the international adoption of technology," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 512-521.
- Osabutey, Ellis L.C. & Williams, Karen & Debrah, Yaw A., 2014. "The potential for technology and knowledge transfers between foreign and local firms: A study of the construction industry in Ghana," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 560-571.
More about this item
KeywordsCross-cultural research; Cultural dimensions; Diffusion models; National culture; Technology adoption;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:48:y:2013:i:1:p:20-29. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.