Comments on "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables The Bass Model"
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John A. Norton & Frank M. Bass, 1987. "A Diffusion Theory Model of Adoption and Substitution for Successive Generations of High-Technology Products," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 33(9), pages 1069-1086, September.
- Tal Garber & Jacob Goldenberg & Barak Libai & Eitan Muller, 2004. "From Density to Destiny: Using Spatial Dimension of Sales Data for Early Prediction of New Product Success," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(3), pages 419-428, August.
- Shun-Chen Niu, 2002. "A Stochastic Formulation of the Bass Model of New-Product Diffusion," Review of Marketing Science Working Papers 1-4-1000, Berkeley Electronic Press.
- Frank M. Bass & Trichy V. Krishnan & Dipak C. Jain, 1994. "Why the Bass Model Fits without Decision Variables," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 203-223.
- Frank M. Bass, 1969. "A New Product Growth for Model Consumer Durables," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 15(5), pages 215-227, January.
- Vijay Mahajan & Eitan Muller & Frank M. Bass, 1995. "Diffusion of New Products: Empirical Generalizations and Managerial Uses," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages 79-88.
- Manohar U. Kalwani & Alvin J. Silk, 1982. "On the Reliability and Predictive Validity of Purchase Intention Measures," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 1(3), pages 243-286.
- Bass, Frank M, 1980. "The Relationship between Diffusion Rates, Experience Curves, and Demand Elasticities for Consumer Durable Technological Innovations," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(3), pages 51-67, July.
- John U. Farley & Donald R. Lehmann & Alan Sawyer, 1995. "Empirical Marketing Generalization Using Meta-Analysis," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages 36-46.
- Bruce Robinson & Chet Lakhani, 1975. "Dynamic Price Models for New-Product Planning," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 21(10), pages 1113-1122, June.
- Donald G. Morrison & Jagmohan S. Raju, 2004. "50th Anniversary Article: The Marketing Department in Management Science: Its History, Contributions, and the Future," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(4), pages 425-428, April.
- Frank M. Bass, 1995. "Empirical Generalizations and Marketing Science: A Personal View," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 14(3_supplem), pages 6-19.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Barnes, Belinda & Southwell, Darren & Bruce, Sarah & Woodhams, Felicity, 2014. "Additionality, common practice and incentive schemes for the uptake of innovations," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 43-61.
- Elmar Kiesling & Markus Günther & Christian Stummer & Lea Wakolbinger, 2012. "Agent-based simulation of innovation diffusion: a review," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 20(2), pages 183-230, June.
- Shun-Chen Niu, 2006. "A Piecewise-Diffusion Model of New-Product Demands," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 54(4), pages 678-695, August.
- Samuel Sale, R. & Mesak, Hani I. & Inman, R. Anthony, 2017. "A dynamic marketing-operations interface model of new product updates," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 257(1), pages 233-242.
- John Hauser & Gerard J. Tellis & Abbie Griffin, 2006. "Research on Innovation: A Review and Agenda for," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 687-717, 11-12.
- Jonathan Lee & Peter Boatwright & Wagner A. Kamakura, 2003. "A Bayesian Model for Prelaunch Sales Forecasting of Recorded Music," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(2), pages 179-196, February.
- Orbach Yair & Fruchter Gila E., 2010. "A Utility-Based Diffusion Model Applied to the Digital Camera Case," Review of Marketing Science, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-28, June.
- Hongmin Li, 2020. "Optimal Pricing Under Diffusion-Choice Models," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 68(1), pages 115-133, January.
- Mihir Dash & Anuloma Tripathy & D. Shobha & Greeshma Ramesh & Abhiyank Verma & K. Sriharsha, 2016. "Comparison of Diffusion in Telecommunications in the BRICS Economies," Journal of Applied Management and Investments, Department of Business Administration and Corporate Security, International Humanitarian University, vol. 5(4), pages 229-235, November.
- Singhal, Shakshi & Anand, Adarsh & Singh, Ompal, 2020. "Studying dynamic market size-based adoption modeling & product diffusion under stochastic environment," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 161(C).
- Martin Hewing, 2012. "A Theoretical and Empirical Comparison of Innovation Diffusion Models Applying Data from the Software Industry," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 3(2), pages 125-141, June.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:9:y:2016:i:3:p:210:d:65963 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wenjing Shen & Izak Duenyas & Roman Kapuscinski, 2014. "Optimal Pricing, Production, and Inventory for New Product Diffusion Under Supply Constraints," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 16(1), pages 28-45, February.
- Chang, Byeong-Yun & Li, Xu & Kim, Yun Bae, 2014. "Performance comparison of two diffusion models in a saturated mobile phone market," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 41-48.
- Olivier Toubia & Jacob Goldenberg & Rosanna Garcia, 2014. "Improving Penetration Forecasts Using Social Interactions Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 60(12), pages 3049-3066, December.
- Gadi Fibich & Ro'i Gibori, 2010. "Aggregate Diffusion Dynamics in Agent-Based Models with a Spatial Structure," Operations Research, INFORMS, vol. 58(5), pages 1450-1468, October.
- Saurabh Panwar & P. K. Kapur & Ompal Singh, 2021. "Technology diffusion model with change in adoption rate and repeat purchases: a case of consumer balking," International Journal of System Assurance Engineering and Management, Springer;The Society for Reliability, Engineering Quality and Operations Management (SREQOM),India, and Division of Operation and Maintenance, Lulea University of Technology, Sweden, vol. 12(1), pages 29-36, February.
- Marius F. Niculescu & Seungjin Whang, 2012. "Research Note ---Codiffusion of Wireless Voice and Data Services: An Empirical Analysis of the Japanese Mobile Telecommunications Market," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 260-279, March.
- Dong, Changgui & Sigrin, Benjamin & Brinkman, Gregory, 2017. "Forecasting residential solar photovoltaic deployment in California," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 251-265.
- Shi, Xiaohui & Li, Feng & Bigdeli, Ali Ziaee, 2016. "An examination of NPD models in the context of business models," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(7), pages 2541-2550.
- Avagyan, Vardan & Esteban-Bravo, Mercedes & Vidal-Sanz, Jose M., 2014.
"Licensing radical product innovations to speed up the diffusion,"
European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(2), pages 542-555.
- Vidal-Sanz, Jose M. & Avagyan, Vardan & Esteban-Bravo, Mercedes, 2011. "Licensing radical product innovations to speed up the diffusion," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb113609, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
More about this item
KeywordsBass Model; diffusion of innovations; forecasting; generations of technology;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:inm:ormnsc:v:50:y:2004:i:12_supplement:p:1833-1840. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Matthew Walls (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/inforea.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.