Improving national cultural indices using a longitudinal meta-analysis of Hofstede's dimensions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Vas Taras & Piers Steel & Bradley L Kirkman, 2010. "Negative practice–value correlations in the GLOBE data: Unexpected findings, questionnaire limitations and research directions," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(8), pages 1330-1338, October.
- Mueller, Stephen L. & Thomas, Anisya S., 2001. "Culture and entrepreneurial potential: A nine country study of locus of control and innovativeness," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 51-75, January.
- Bruce Kogut & Harbir Singh, 1988. "The Effect of National Culture on the Choice of Entry Mode," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(3), pages 411-432, September.
- Yamamura, Jeanne H. & Frakes, Albert H. & Sanders, Debra L. & Ahn, Sung K., 1996. "A comparison of Japanese and U.S. Auditor decision-making behavior," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 347-363.
- Chakrabarty, Subrata, 2009. "The influence of national culture and institutional voids on family ownership of large firms: A country level empirical study," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 32-45, March.
- David A Ralston & David H Holt & Robert H Terpstra & Yu Kai-Cheng, 1997. "The Impact of Natural Culture and Economic Ideology on Managerial Work Values: A Study of the United States, Russia, Japan, and China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 28(1), pages 177-207, March.
- Steel, Piers & Taras, Vasyl, 2010. "Culture as a consequence: A multi-level multivariate meta-analysis of the effects of individual and country characteristics on work-related cultural values," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 211-233, September.
- William Newburry & Nevena Yakova, 2006. "Standardization preferences: a function of national culture, work interdependence and local embeddedness," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(1), pages 44-60, January.
- Vitell, Scott J. & Paolillo, Joseph G. P. & Thomas, James L., 2003. "The Perceived Role of Ethics and Social Responsibility: A Study of Marketing Professionals," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(01), pages 63-86, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Ralston & Carolyn Egri & Olivier Furrer & Min-Hsun Kuo & Yongjuan Li & Florian Wangenheim & Marina Dabic & Irina Naoumova & Katsuhiko Shimizu & María Garza Carranza & Ping Fu & Vojko Potocan & A, 2014. "Societal-Level Versus Individual-Level Predictions of Ethical Behavior: A 48-Society Study of Collectivism and Individualism," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 122(2), pages 283-306, June.
- Sousa, Cátia & Gonçalves, Gabriela & Cunha, Miguel, 2015. "Cultural Values As A Support To The Development Of Intercultural Competences," Spatial and Organizational Dynamics Discussion Papers 2015-1, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve.
- William Q. Judge & Helen W. Hu & Jonas Gabrielsson & Till Talaulicar & Michael A. Witt & Alessandro Zattoni & Félix López-Iturriaga & Jean Jingham Chen & Dhirendra Shukla & Majdi Quttainah & Emmanuel , 2015. "Configurations of Capacity for Change in Entrepreneurial Threshold Firms: Imprinting and Strategic Choice Perspectives," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 506-530, June.
- repec:spr:manint:v:55:y:2015:i:5:d:10.1007_s11575-015-0253-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Sang-Gun & Trimi, Silvana & Kim, Changsoo, 2013. "The impact of cultural differences on technology adoption," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 20-29.
- Ashish Mahajan & Soo Min Toh, 2017. "Group cultural values and political skills: A situationist perspective on interpersonal citizenship behaviors," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 48(1), pages 113-121, January.
- Deephouse, David L. & Newburry, William & Soleimani, Abrahim, 2016. "The effects of institutional development and national culture on cross-national differences in corporate reputation," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(3), pages 463-473.
- Yip, Paul S.F. & Yousuf, Saman & Chan, Chee Hon & Yung, Tiffany & Wu, Kevin C.-C., 2015. "The roles of culture and gender in the relationship between divorce and suicide risk: A meta-analysis," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 87-94.
- Sasaki, Innan & Yoshikawa, Katsuhiko, 2014. "Going beyond national cultures – Dynamic interaction between intra-national, regional, and organizational realities," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 455-464.
- Gunkel, Marjaana & Schlägel, Christopher & Engle, Robert L., 2014. "Culture's Influence on Emotional Intelligence: An Empirical Study of Nine Countries," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 256-274.
- Hauff, Sven & Richter, Nicole Franziska & Tressin, Tabea, 2015. "Situational job characteristics and job satisfaction: The moderating role of national culture," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 710-723.
- Li, Chengguang & Parboteeah, K. Praveen, 2015. "The effect of culture on the responsiveness of firms to mimetic forces: Imitative foreign joint venture entries into China, 1985–2003," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 465-476.
- Soumaya HERGLI, 2016. "The Impact Of Ifrs Norms On Internal Governance Mechanisms With Regard To Socio-Economic Context," Management and Marketing Journal, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 0(2), pages 243-263, November.
- López-Duarte, Cristina & González-Loureiro, Miguel & Vidal-Suárez, Marta M. & González-Díaz, Belén, 2016. "International strategic alliances and national culture: Mapping the field and developing a research agenda," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 511-524.
- Kaprielyan, Margarita, 2016. "Valuation consequences of the decision to divest in the globalized world," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 16-29.
- Schneider, Markus & Engelen, Andreas, 2015. "Enemy or friend? The cultural impact of cross-functional behavior on the EO–performance link," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 439-453.
- Gunkel, Marjaana & Schlaegel, Christopher & Taras, Vas, 2016. "Cultural values, emotional intelligence, and conflict handling styles: A global study," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 568-585.
- Posick, Chad & Gould, Laurie A., 2015. "On the general relationship between victimization and offending: Examining cultural contingencies," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 195-204.
- Bradley L Kirkman & Kevin B Lowe & Cristina B Gibson, 2017. "A retrospective on Culture’s Consequences: The 35-year journey," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 48(1), pages 12-29, January.
More about this item
KeywordsCulture; Cultural change; Meta-analysis; Hofstede;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:47:y:2012:i:3:p:329-341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .