Early and late adoption of American-style executive pay in Germany: Governance and institutions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gerhard Cromme, 2005. "Corporate Governance in Germany and the German Corporate Governance Code," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 362-367, May.
- Henry Hansmann & Reinier Kraakman, 2000. "The End Of History For Corporate Law," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm136, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Feb 2001.
- Deeg, Richard, 2001. "Institutional change and the uses and limits of path dependency: The case of German finance," MPIfG Discussion Paper 01/6, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Peter Steane & Michael Christie, 2001. "Nonprofit Boards in Australia: A Distinctive Governance Approach," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(1), pages 48-58, January.
- Zulima Fernández & María Jesús Nieto, 2006. "Impact of ownership on the international involvement of SMEs," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 37(3), pages 340-351, May.
- Dore, Ronald, 2000. "Stock Market Capitalism: Welfare Capitalism: Japan and Germany versus the Anglo-Saxons," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199240616.
- Yasuhiro Arikawa & Hideaki Miyajima, 2005. "Relationship Banking and Debt Choice: evidence from Japan," Corporate Governance: An International Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 408-418, May.
- Carruthers, Bruce G., 1995. "Accounting, ambiguity, and the new institutionalism," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 313-328, May.
- Trevor Buck & Azura Shahrim, 2005. "The translation of corporate governance changes across national cultures: the case of Germany," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(1), pages 42-61, January.
- Sadao Nagaoka, 2005. "Determinants of the Introduction of Stock Options by Japanese Firms: Analysis from the Incentive and Selection Perspectives," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(6), pages 2289-2316, November.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan, 2001. "Are CEOs Rewarded for Luck? The Ones Without Principals Are," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 901-932.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schmid, Stefan & Dauth, Tobias, 2014. "Does internationalization make a difference? Stock market reaction to announcements of international top executive appointments," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 63-77.
- Engel, Pascal J. & Hack, Andreas & Kellermanns, Franz W., 2015. "Setting the right mix—Analyzing outside directors’ pay mix in public family firms," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 130-140.
- Hüttenbrink, Alexander & Oehmichen, Jana & Rapp, Marc Steffen & Wolff, Michael, 2014. "Pay-for-performance – Does one size fit all? A multi-country study of Europe and the United States," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 1179-1192.
- Gregory Jackson, 2016. "Toward a Conceptual Framework for Understanding Institutional Change in Japanese Capitalism: Structural Transformations and Organizational Diversity," Working Papers halshs-01643921, HAL.
- Shin, Donghoon & Seidle, Russell & Okhmatovskiy, Ilya, 2016. "Making the foreign familiar: The influence of top management team and board of directors characteristics on the adoption of foreign practices," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(6), pages 937-949.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:5:p:991-1008 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsExecutive stock options Adoption Neo-institutional Theory Corporate governance Germany;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:45:y:2010:i:1:p:9-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .