A Practical Guide to the Assessment of the Vulnerability of the Non-Financial Private Sector
The paper proposes a practical guide to the evaluation of the financial and non-financial vulnerability of the private sector (excluding financial entities). It describes step by step the sequence of issues that should be examined to assess the level of vulnerability of the private sector, including factors arising from the financial markets, country-risk, common risk management practices in the corporate sector, and the general environment for corporate restructuring and governance. The paper also provides useful references for those seeking further information on a specific aspect of the vulnerability of the non-financial private sector.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2007|
|Publication status:||Forthcoming in Banca & Finanzas: Documentos de Trabajo 2.1(2007): pp. 1-18|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bank for International Settlements, 2005. "The role of ratings in structured finance: issues and implications," CGFS Papers, Bank for International Settlements, number 23.
- Ioannis N. Kessides, 2004. "Reforming Infrastructure : Privatization, Regulation, and Competition," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13525, September.
- Capaul, Mierta & Fremond, Olivier, 2002. "The state of corporate governance - experience from country assessments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2858, The World Bank.
- Doidge, Craig & Andrew Karolyi, G. & Stulz, Rene M., 2007.
"Why do countries matter so much for corporate governance?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 1-39, October.
- Rene M. Stulz & Craig Doidge & Andrew Karolyi, 2004. "Why Do Countries Matter So Much for Corporate Governance?," NBER Working Papers 10726, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Doidge, Craig & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Stulz, Rene M., 2004. "Why Do Countries Matter So Much for Corporate Governance?," Working Paper Series 2004-16, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Michael Klein, 1998. "Bidding for Concessions : The Impact of Contract Design," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11527, The World Bank.
- Paredes M., Ricardo, 2001. "Redistributive Impact of Privatization and the Regulation of Utilities in Chile," WIDER Working Paper Series 019, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Henry Hansmann & Reinier Kraakman, 2000. "The End Of History For Corporate Law," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm136, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Feb 2001.
- Michael Klein & Jae So & Ben Shin, 1996. "Transaction Costs in Private Infrastructure Projects - Are They Too High?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11605, The World Bank.
- Ajit Singh, 2003. "Competition, corporate governance and selection in emerging markets," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages 443-464, November.
- Ajit Singh, 2002. "Competition, corporate governance and selection in emerging markets," Working Papers wp247, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Michael Klein, 1998. "Rebidding for Concessions," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11524, The World Bank.
- Klein, Michael, 1998. "Bidding for concessions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1957, The World Bank.
- Philip Gray, 1997. "Colombia's Gradualist Approach to Private Participation in Infrastructure," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11587, The World Bank.
- Kerf, M. & Gray, R.D. & Irwin, T. & Levesque, C. & Taylor, R.R. & Klein, M., 1998. "Concessions for Infrastructure. A Guide to their Design and Award," Papers 399, World Bank - Technical Papers.
- Alfred E. Kahn, 1988. "The Economics of Regulation: Principles and Institutions," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262610523, January.
- Timothy Irwin, 2003. "Public Money for Private Infrastructure : Deciding When to Offer Guarantees, Output-based Subsidies, and Other Fiscal Support," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15117, September.
- Kishi, Masumi, 2003. "Foreign direct investment by Japanese firms and corporate governance: in relation to the monetary policies of China, Korea and Japan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 731-748, January.
- Klaus Gugler & Dennis C. Mueller & B. Burcin Yurtoglu, 2003. "The Impact of Corporate Governance on Investment Returns in Developed and Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages 511-539, November.
- Trevor Buck & Azura Shahrim, 2005. "The translation of corporate governance changes across national cultures: the case of Germany," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 36(1), pages 42-61, January.
- Ehrhardt, David & Irwin Timothy, 2004. "Avoiding customer and taxpayer bailouts in private infrastructure projects : Policy toward leverage, risk allocation, and bankruptcy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3274, The World Bank.
- Cornelius, Peter K., 2004. "Corporate practices and national governance systems: what do country rankings tell us?," Research Notes 16, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Audra L. Boone & J. Harold Mulherin, 2001. "Valuing the Process of Corporate Restructuring," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2001-22, Claremont Colleges.
- Morris Bornstein, 2000. "Post-Privatization Enterprise Restructuring," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 327, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Ziegel, Jacob S. (ed.), 1994. "Current Developments in International and Comparative Corporate Insolvency Law," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198258964.
- Philip Gray & Timothy Irwin, 2003. "Exchange Rate Risk : Allocating Exchange Rate Risk in Private Infrastructure Projects," World Bank Other Operational Studies 11286, The World Bank.
- Turkson, John & Wohlgemuth, Norbert, 2001. "Power sector reform and distributed generation in sub-Saharan Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 135-145, January. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:1375. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.