Avoiding customer and taxpayer bailouts in private infrastructure projects : Policy toward leverage, risk allocation, and bankruptcy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dasgupta, Sudipto & Nanda, Vikram, 1993. "Bargaining and brinkmanship : Capital structure choice by regulated firms," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 475-497.
- Yossef Spiegel & Daniel F. Spulber, 1994. "The Capital Structure of a Regulated Firm," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 25(3), pages 424-440, Autumn.
- Stewart C. Myers, 2001. "Capital Structure," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(2), pages 81-102, Spring.
- Ivo Welch, 2002. "Columbus' Egg: The Real Determinant of Capital Structure," NBER Working Papers 8782, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hinojosa, Sergio & Gomez-Lobo, Andres, 2000. "Broad roads in a thin country - infrastructure concessions in Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2279, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ernest Ameyaw Effah & Albert Chan & De-Graft Owusu-Manu, 2015. "Domestic Private Sector Participation in Small-Town Water Supply Services in Ghana: Reflections on Experience and Policy Implications," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 175-192, June.
- Mario, Cuevas, 2007. "A Practical Guide to the Assessment of the Vulnerability of the Non-Financial Private Sector," MPRA Paper 1375, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David Martimort & Flavio Menezes & Myrna Wooders & DANIEL DANAU & ANNALISA VINELLA, 2015.
"Public-Private Contracting under Limited Commitment,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 17(1), pages 78-110, February.
- Daniel Danau & Annalisa Vinella, 2012. "Public-private contracting under limited commitment," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201227, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Daniel Danau & Annalisa Vinella, 2015. "Public-Private Contracting under Limited Commitment," Post-Print halshs-00939872, HAL.
- World Bank, 2006. "Approaches to Private Participation in Water Services : A Toolkit," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6982, November.
- Patricia Clarke Annez & George E. Peterson, 2007. "Financing Cities : Fiscal Responsibility and Urban Infrastructure in Brazil, China, India, Poland and South Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6735, November.
- Alexander Moore & Stéphane Straub & Jean-Jacques Dethier, 2014.
"Regulation, renegotiation and capital structure: theory and evidence from Latin American transport concessions,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 209-232, April.
- Moore, Alexander & Straub, Stephane & Dethier, Jean-Jacques, 2013. "Regulation, renegotiation and capital structure : theory and evidence from Latin American transport concessions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6646, The World Bank.
- Jean Shaoul & Anne Stafford & Pam Stapleton, 2010. "Financial black holes: The disclosure and transparency of privately financed roads in the UK," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 229-255, February.
- Etienne B Yehoue & Mona Hammami & Jean-François Ruhashyankiko, 2006. "Determinants of Public-Private Partnerships in Infrastructure," IMF Working Papers 06/99, International Monetary Fund.
- Nina Budina & Hana Polackova Brixi & Timothy Irwin, 2007. "Public-Private Partnerships in the New EU Member States," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6743, November.
- repec:bla:jemstr:v:26:y:2017:i:3:p:636-660 is not listed on IDEAS
- M. Kabir Hassan & Issouf Soumaré, 2015. "Guarantees and Profit-Sharing Contracts in Project Financing," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 231-249, August.
- Daniel Danau & Annalisa Vinella, 2017.
"From fixed to state-dependent duration in public-private partnerships,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 636-660, September.
- Daniel Danau & Annalisa Vinella, 2015. "From fixed to state-dependent duration in public-private partnerships," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201504, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Daniel Danau & Annalisa Vinella, 2015. "From fixed to state-dependent duration in public-private partnerships," SERIES 01-2015, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza - Università degli Studi di Bari "Aldo Moro", revised Jan 2015.
- Clive Harris & Sri Tadimalla Kumar, 2008. "Financing the Boom in Public-Private Partnerships in Indian Infrastructure : Trends and Policy Implications," World Bank Other Operational Studies 10577, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Terrorism&Counterterrorism; Payment Systems&Infrastructure; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Banks&Banking Reform; Economic Theory&Research; Banks&Banking Reform; Public Sector Economics&Finance; Environmental Economics&Policies; Economic Theory&Research; Municipal Financial Management;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-08-16 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3274. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.