Islamic Finance Revisited: Conceptual and Analytical Issues from the Perspective of Conventional Economics
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Singh, Ajit & Sheng, Andrew, 2011. "Islamic finance revisited: conceptual and analytical issues from the perspective of conventional economics," MPRA Paper 39007, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Apr 2012.
- Sheng, Andrew & Singh, Ajit, 2013. "Islamic Finance Revisited: Conceptual and Analytical Issues from the Perspective of Conventional Economics," MPRA Paper 53036, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Myers, Stewart C. & Majluf, Nicolás S., 1945-, 1984. "Corporate financing and investment decisions when firms have information that investors do not have," Working papers 1523-84., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Pasquale Scaramozzino & Giancarlo Marini, 2000. "Social time preference," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(4), pages 639-645.
- Klaus Gugler & Dennis C. Mueller & B. Burcin Yurtoglu, 2003. "The Impact of Corporate Governance on Investment Returns in Developed and Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages 511-539, November.
- Sheng,Andrew, 2009. "From Asian to Global Financial Crisis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521134156, May.
- Chang, Ha-Joon, 2000. "The Hazard of Moral Hazard: Untangling the Asian Crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 775-788, April.
- Jared Rubin, 2011. "Institutions, the Rise of Commerce and the Persistence of Laws: Interest Restrictions in Islam and Christianity," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 121(557), pages 1310-1339, December.
- Sheng,Andrew, 2009. "From Asian to Global Financial Crisis," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521118644, May.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2013.
"Islamic vs. conventional banking: Business model, efficiency and stability,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 433-447.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2010. "Islamic vs. conventional banking : business model, efficiency and stability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5446, The World Bank.
- Timur Kuran, 2011. "The Long Divergence: How Islamic Law Held Back the Middle East," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 9273.
- Mirakhor, Abbas & Krichene, Noureddine, 2009. "The Recent Crisis: Lessons for Islamic Finance," MPRA Paper 56022, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zakaria Ali Aribi & Thankom Arun, 2015. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Islamic Financial Institutions (IFIs): Management Perceptions from IFIs in Bahrain," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 129(4), pages 785-794, July.
More about this item
KeywordsIslamic finance; moral hazard; zero interest rates; Keynes and usuary;
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- A13 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Social Values
- B10 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - General
- B40 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Economic Methodology - - - General
- P4 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cbr:cbrwps:wp430. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ruth Newman and Georgie Cohen). General contact details of provider: http://www.cbr.cam.ac.uk .