A conceptual analysis of the impact of travel demand management on private car use
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gärling, Tommy & Kwan, Mei-Po & Golledge, Reginald G., 1994. "Computational-process modelling of household activity scheduling," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 28(5), pages 355-364, October.
- Kitamura, Ryuichi & Fujii, Satoshi & Pas, Eric I., 1997. "Time-use data, analysis and modeling: toward the next generation of transportation planning methodologies," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 225-235, October.
- Kitamura, R. & Nakayama, S. & Yamamoto, T., 1999. "Self-reinforcing motorization: can travel demand management take us out of the social trap?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 135-145, July.
- Tommy Gärling & Robert Gillholm & William Montgomery, 1999. "The role of anticipated time pressure in activity scheduling," Transportation, Springer, vol. 26(2), pages 173-191, May.
- Mark Paich & John D. Sterman, 1993. "Boom, Bust, and Failures to Learn in Experimental Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(12), pages 1439-1458, December.
- R M Pendyala & R Kitamura & D V G Prasuna Reddy, 1998. "Application of an activity-based travel-demand model incorporating a rule-based algorithm," Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(5), pages 753-772, September.
- Pendyala, Ram M. & Kitamura, Ryuichi & Chen, Cynthia & Pas, Eric I., 1997. "An activity-based microsimulation analysis of transportation control measures," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 183-192, July.
- Hensher, David A., 1998. "The imbalance between car and public transport use in urban Australia: why does it exist?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 193-204, October.
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Gärling, Tommy & Gärling, Anita & Johansson, Anders, 2000. "Household choices of car-use reduction measures," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 309-320, June.
- R H M Emmerink & P Nijkamp & P Rietveld, 1995.
"Is congestion pricing a first-best strategy in transport policy? A critical review of arguments,"
Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 22(5), pages 581-602, September.
- R H M Emmerink & P Nijkamp & P Rietveld, 1995. "Is Congestion Pricing a First-Best Strategy in Transport Policy? A Critical Review of Arguments," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 22(5), pages 581-602, October.
- Cecilia Jakobsson & Satoshi Fujii & Tommy Gärling, 2002. "Effects of economic disincentives on private car use," Transportation, Springer, vol. 29(4), pages 349-370, November.
- Goodwin, Phil, 1996. "Simple arithmetic," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 79-80, July.
- Wright, C. & Egan, J., 2000. "De-marketing the car," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 287-294, October.
- Jakobsson, C. & Fujii, S. & Gärling, T., 2000. "Determinants of private car users' acceptance of road pricing," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 153-158, April.
- Sterman, John D., 1989. "Misperceptions of feedback in dynamic decision making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 301-335, June.
- Stradling, S. G. & Meadows, M. L. & Beatty, S., 2000. "Helping drivers out of their cars Integrating transport policy and social psychology for sustainable change," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 207-215, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bamberg, Sebastian & Fujii, Satoshi & Friman, Margareta & Gärling, Tommy, 2011. "Behaviour theory and soft transport policy measures," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 228-235, January.
- Yu, Biying & Zhang, Junyi & Fujiwara, Akimasa, 2011. "Representing in-home and out-of-home energy consumption behavior in Beijing," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(7), pages 4168-4177, July.
- Löfgren, Åsa, 2003. "The Effect of Addiction on Environmental Taxation in a First and Second-best world," Working Papers in Economics 91, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Michael J. Clay * & Patricia L. Mokhtarian, 2004.
"Personal travel management: the adoption and consideration of travel-related strategies,"
Transportation Planning and Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 181-209, June.
- Clay, Michael J. & Mokhtarian, Patricia L., 2004. "Personal Travel Management: The Adoption and Consideration of Travel-Related Strategies," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt3mw6d5hj, University of California Transportation Center.
- Sunitiyoso, Yos & Matsumoto, Shoji, 2009. "Modelling a social dilemma of mode choice based on commuters' expectations and social learning," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(3), pages 904-914, March.
- Sangho Choo & Patricia Mokhtarian, 2008.
"How do people respond to congestion mitigation policies? A multivariate probit model of the individual consideration of three travel-related strategy bundles,"
Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 145-163, March.
- Choo, Sangho & Mokhtarian, Patricia L, 2008. "How do people respond to congestion mitigation policies? A multivariate probit model of the individual consideration of three travel-related strategy bundles," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt53s553tn, University of California Transportation Center.
- Simona Rasciute & Paul Downward, 2010. "Health or Happiness? What Is the Impact of Physical Activity on the Individual?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 256-270, May.
- Paul Downward & Simona Rasciute, 2011. "An Economic Analysis of the Subjective Health and Well-being of Physical Activity," Chapters,in: The Economics of Sport, Health and Happiness, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Riggs, William, 2015. "Testing personalized outreach as an effective TDM measure," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 178-186.
- repec:eee:transa:v:99:y:2017:i:c:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liguang, Feng & Haozhi, Zhang & Yulin, Jiang & Zhaorong, Wang, 2010. "Evaluation on the Effect of Car Use Restriction Measures in Beijing," 51st Annual Transportation Research Forum, Arlington, Virginia, March 11-13, 2010 207232, Transportation Research Forum.
- Nie, Yu (Marco), 2017. "On the potential remedies for license plate rationing," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 9(C), pages 37-50.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:9:y:2002:i:1:p:59-70. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.