Determinants of private car users' acceptance of road pricing
The study investigates determinants of private car users' acceptance of road pricing. A model specifying the strength and direction of causal paths between latent theoretical variables was estimated for data from a survey of 524 car owners living in a metropolitan area of Sweden. The estimated model showed that acceptance of road pricing is negatively affected by perceived infringement on freedom and unfairness which in turn increase with intentions to reduce car use. Income is negatively and expectations that others will reduce car use positively related to intentions to reduce car use.
Volume (Year): 7 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kitamura, R. & Nakayama, S. & Yamamoto, T., 1999. "Self-reinforcing motorization: can travel demand management take us out of the social trap?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 135-145, July.
- R H M Emmerink & P Nijkamp & P Rietveld, 1995.
"Is congestion pricing a first-best strategy in transport policy? A critical review of arguments,"
Environment and Planning B: Planning and Design,
Pion Ltd, London, vol. 22(5), pages 581-602, September.
- R H M Emmerink & P Nijkamp & P Rietveld, 1995. "Is Congestion Pricing a First-Best Strategy in Transport Policy? A Critical Review of Arguments," Environment and Planning B, , vol. 22(5), pages 581-602, October.
- Fujii, Satoshi & Kitamura, Ryuichi, 2000. "Evaluation of trip-inducing effects of new freeways using a structural equations model system of commuters' time use and travel," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 339-354, June.
- Odeck, James & Bråthen, Svein, 1997. "On public attitudes toward implementation of toll roads--the case of Oslo toll ring," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 73-83, April. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:7:y:2000:i:2:p:153-158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.