To use or not to use? An empirical study of pre-trip public transport information for business and leisure trips and comparison with car travel
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olinsky, Alan & Chen, Shaw & Harlow, Lisa, 2003. "The comparative efficacy of imputation methods for missing data in structural equation modeling," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(1), pages 53-79, November.
- Grotenhuis, Jan-Willem & Wiegmans, Bart W. & Rietveld, Piet, 2007. "The desired quality of integrated multimodal travel information in public transport: Customer needs for time and effort savings," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 27-38, January.
- Golob, Thomas F., 2003. "Structural equation modeling for travel behavior research," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Sendy Farag & Glenn Lyons, 2010. "Explaining public transport information use when a car is available: attitude theory empirically investigated," Transportation, Springer, vol. 37(6), pages 897-913, November.
- -, 2008. "The global information society: a statistical view," Sede de la CEPAL en Santiago (Estudios e Investigaciones) 32785, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL).
- Ajzen, Icek, 1991. "The theory of planned behavior," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 179-211, December.
- Caspar G. Chorus & Eric J. E. Molin & Bert Van Wee & Theo A. Arentze & Harry J. P. Timmermans, 2006. "Responses to Transit Information among Car-drivers: Regret-based Models and Simulations," Transportation Planning and Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(4), pages 249-271, March.
- N/A, 2008. "Statistical Appendix," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 206(1), pages 119-128, October.
- N/A, 2008. "Statistical Appendix," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 205(1), pages 117-126, July.
- N/A, 2008. "Statistical Appendix," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 204(1), pages 116-125, April.
- Patricia Mokhtarian & Ilan Salomon & Susan Handy, 2006. "The Impacts of Ict on leisure Activities and Travel: A Conceptual Exploration," Transportation, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 263-289, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kaplan, Sigal & Moraes Monteiro, Mayara & Anderson, Marie Karen & Nielsen, Otto Anker & Medeiros Dos Santos, Enilson, 2017. "The role of information systems in non-routine transit use of university students: Evidence from Brazil and Denmark," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 34-48.
- Yi Zhang & Xiaoguang Yang & Qixing Liu & Chaoyang Li, 2015. "Who Will Use Pre-Trip Traveler Information and How Will They Respond? Insights from Zhongshan Metropolitan Area, China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-18, May.
- repec:eee:transa:v:104:y:2017:i:c:p:255-280 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wang, Bobin & Shao, Chunfu & Li, Juan & Weng, Jinxian & Ji, Xun, 2015. "Holiday travel behavior analysis and empirical study under integrated multimodal travel information service," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 21-36.
- Wallis, Hannah & Nachreiner, Malte & Matthies, Ellen, 2016. "Adolescents and electricity consumption; Investigating sociodemographic, economic, and behavioural influences on electricity consumption in households," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 224-234.
- Aaron Gutiérrez & Daniel Miravet, 2016. "The Determinants of Tourist Use of Public Transport at the Destination," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(9), pages 1-16, September.
- repec:spr:elmark:v:27:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12525-017-0257-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marsden, Greg & Docherty, Iain, 2013. "Insights on disruptions as opportunities for transport policy change," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 46-55.
- Joewono, Tri B. & Tarigan, Ari K.M. & Susilo, Yusak O., 2016. "Road-based public transportation in urban areas of Indonesia: What policies do users expect to improve the service quality?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 114-124.
- Ben-Elia, Eran & Alexander, Bayarma & Hubers, Christa & Ettema, Dick, 2014. "Activity fragmentation, ICT and travel: An exploratory Path Analysis of spatiotemporal interrelationships," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 56-74.
- Spickermann, Alexander & Grienitz, Volker & von der Gracht, Heiko A., 2014. "Heading towards a multimodal city of the future?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 201-221.
More about this item
KeywordsTravel information; Journey planning; Public transport; Travel behaviour; Structural Equation Modelling (SEM);
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:trapol:v:20:y:2012:i:c:p:82-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30473/description#description .