Handling uncertainty in Multi Regional Input-Output models by entropy maximization and fuzzy programming
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Turner, Karen & Lenzen, Manfred & Wiedmann, Thomas & Barrett, John, 2007. "Examining the global environmental impact of regional consumption activities -- Part 1: A technical note on combining input-output and ecological footprint analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 37-44, April.
- Sergio Rey & Guy West & Mark Janikas, 2004. "Uncertainty in Integrated Regional Models," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 259-277.
- Malcolm Beynon & Max Munday & Annette Roberts, 2005. "Ranking sectors using fuzzy output multipliers," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 237-253.
- Druckman, Angela & Jackson, Tim, 2009. "The carbon footprint of UK households 1990-2004: A socio-economically disaggregated, quasi-multi-regional input-output model," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2066-2077, May.
- McGregor, Peter G. & Swales, J. Kim & Turner, Karen, 2008. "The CO2 'trade balance' between Scotland and the rest of the UK: Performing a multi-region environmental input-output analysis with limited data," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(4), pages 662-673, July.
- Manfred Lenzen & Lise-Lotte Pade & Jesper Munksgaard, 2004. "CO2 Multipliers in Multi-region Input-Output Models," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 391-412.
- Manfred Lenzen, 2001. "A Generalized Input-Output Multiplier Calculus for Australia," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(1), pages 65-92.
- Nijkamp, Peter, 1975. "Reflections on gravity and entropy models," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 203-225, May.
- Yousef Shafahi & Reza Faturechi, 2009. "A new fuzzy approach to estimate the O--D matrix from link volumes," Transportation Planning and Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(6), pages 499-526, September.
- Barbara Diaz & Laura Moniche & Antonio Morillas, 2006. "A Fuzzy clustering approach to the key sectors of the Spanish economy," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 299-318.
- Bougheas, Spiros & Demetriades, Panicos O. & Morgenroth, Edgar L. W., 1999.
"Infrastructure, transport costs and trade,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 169-189, February.
- Spiros Bougheas & Panicos Demetriades & Edgar Morgenroth, 1996. "Infrastructure, Transport Costs and Trade," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/7, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Wiedmann, Thomas & Wilting, Harry C. & Lenzen, Manfred & Lutter, Stephan & Palm, Viveka, 2011. "Quo Vadis MRIO? Methodological, data and institutional requirements for multi-region input-output analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1937-1945, September.
- John R. Roy, 2004. "Regional input-output analysis, data and uncertainty," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 38(3), pages 397-412, September.
- Tan, Raymond R. & Aviso, Kathleen B. & Barilea, Ivan U. & Culaba, Alvin B. & Cruz, Jose B., 2012. "A fuzzy multi-regional input–output optimization model for biomass production and trade under resource and footprint constraints," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 90(1), pages 154-160.
- Beynon, Malcolm J. & Munday, Max, 2008. "Considering the effects of imprecision and uncertainty in ecological footprint estimation: An approach in a fuzzy environment," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 373-383, October.
- Zhao, Yong & Kockelman, Kara M., 2004. "The random-utility-based multiregional input-output model: solution existence and uniqueness," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 789-807, November.
- Peters, Glen P., 2008. "From production-based to consumption-based national emission inventories," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 13-23, March.
- Wiedmann, Thomas, 2009. "A review of recent multi-region input-output models used for consumption-based emission and resource accounting," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 211-222, December.
- Harker, Patrick T. & Friesz, Terry L., 1986. "Prediction of intercity freight flows, I: Theory," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 139-153, April.
- J. C. Minx & T. Wiedmann & R. Wood & G. P. Peters & M. Lenzen & A. Owen & K. Scott & J. Barrett & K. Hubacek & G. Baiocchi & A. Paul & E. Dawkins & J. Briggs & D. Guan & S. Suh & F. Ackerman, 2009. "Input-Output Analysis And Carbon Footprinting: An Overview Of Applications," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(3), pages 187-216.
- Harker, Patrick T. & Friesz, Terry L., 1986. "Prediction of intercity freight flows, II: Mathematical formulations," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 155-174, April.
- Buckley, J. J., 1989. "Fuzzy input-output analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 54-60, March.
- Bárbara Díaz & Antonio Morillas, 2011. "Incorporating uncertainty in the coefficients and multipliers of an IO table: A case study," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 90(4), pages 845-861, November.
- JiYoung Park & Peter Gordon & James Moore & Harry Richardson, 2009. "A two-step approach to estimating state-to-state commodity trade flows," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(4), pages 1033-1072, December.
- Manfred Lenzen & Richard Wood & Thomas Wiedmann, 2010. "Uncertainty Analysis For Multi-Region Input-Output Models - A Case Study Of The Uk'S Carbon Footprint," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 43-63.
- Harry C. Wilting, 2012. "Sensitivity And Uncertainty Analysis In Mrio Modelling; Some Empirical Results With Regard To The Dutch Carbon Footprint," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(2), pages 141-171, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kuljanin, Jovana & KaliÄ‡, Milica & Caggiani, Leonardo & Ottomanelli, Michele, 2019. "A comparative efficiency and productivity analysis: Implication to airlines located in Central and South-East Europe," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 152-163.
- Hiramatsu, Tomoru & Inoue, Hiroki & Kato, Yasuhiko, 2016. "Estimation of interregional input–output table using hybrid algorithm of the RAS method and real-coded genetic algorithm," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 95(C), pages 385-402.
- Igor Lazov, 2019. "A Methodology for Revenue Analysis of Parking Lots," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 177-198, March.
- Wanke, Peter & Barros, C.P. & Nwaogbe, Obioma R., 2016. "Assessing productive efficiency in Nigerian airports using Fuzzy-DEA," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 9-19.
More about this item
KeywordsMulti Regional Input Output Model; Freight demand estimation; Uncertainty; Fuzzy programming; Entropy maximization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transe:v:71:y:2014:i:c:p:159-172. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600244/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.