Analysis of dynamic effects on seaports adopting port security policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Khalid Bichou, 2011. "Assessing the impact of procedural security on container port efficiency," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 13(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Roach, J. Ashley, 2004. "Initiatives to enhance maritime security at sea," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 41-66, January.
- Yeo, Gi-Tae & Roe, Michael & Dinwoodie, John, 2008. "Evaluating the competitiveness of container ports in Korea and China," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 910-921, July.
- Clark, Ximena & Dollar, David & Micco, Alejandro, 2004.
"Port efficiency, maritime transport costs, and bilateral trade,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 417-450, December.
- Ximena Clark & David Dollar & Alejandro Micco, 2004. "Port Efficiency, Maritime Transport Costs and Bilateral Trade," NBER Working Papers 10353, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yap, Wei Yim & Lam, Jasmine S.L., 2006. "Competition dynamics between container ports in East Asia," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 35-51, January.
- Khalid Bichou, 2004. "The ISPS Code and The Cost of Port Compliance: An Initial Logistics and Supply Chain Framework for Port Security Assessment and Management," Maritime Economics & Logistics, Palgrave Macmillan;International Association of Maritime Economists (IAME), vol. 6(4), pages 322-348, December.
- Ishii, Masahiro & Lee, Paul Tae-Woo & Tezuka, Koichiro & Chang, Young-Tae, 2013. "A game theoretical analysis of port competition," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 92-106.
- Hung, Shiu-Wan & Lu, Wen-Min & Wang, Tung-Pao, 2010. "Benchmarking the operating efficiency of Asia container ports," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 203(3), pages 706-713, June.
- Gu-Tae Yeo & Dong-Wook Song, 2006. "An Application of the Hierarchical Fuzzy Process to Container Port Competition: Policy and Strategic Implications," Transportation, Springer, vol. 33(4), pages 409-422, July.
- King, John, 2005. "The security of merchant shipping," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 235-245, May.
- Wu, Yen-Chun Jim & Goh, Mark, 2010. "Container port efficiency in emerging and more advanced markets," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(6), pages 1030-1042, November.
- Oliva, Rogelio, 2003. "Model calibration as a testing strategy for system dynamics models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 151(3), pages 552-568, December.
- Chao, Shih-Liang & Lin, Pei-Shan, 2009. "Critical factors affecting the adoption of container security service: The shippers' perspective," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(1), pages 67-77, November.
- Cullinane, Kevin & Ji, Ping & Wang, Teng-fei, 2005. "The relationship between privatization and DEA estimates of efficiency in the container port industry," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 57(5), pages 433-462.
- Nitin Bakshi & Noah Gans, 2010. "Securing the Containerized Supply Chain: Analysis of Government Incentives for Private Investment," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(2), pages 219-233, February.
- Crickard, Fred, 1995. "Canada's ocean and maritime security a strategic forecast : A strategic forecast," Marine Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 335-342, July.
- Barnes, Paul & Oloruntoba, Richard, 2005. "Assurance of security in maritime supply chains: Conceptual issues of vulnerability and crisis management," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 519-540, December.
- Odeck, James & Bråthen, Svein, 2012. "A meta-analysis of DEA and SFA studies of the technical efficiency of seaports: A comparison of fixed and random-effects regression models," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(10), pages 1574-1585.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yoon, Junghyun & Lee, Hee Yong & Dinwoodie, John, 2015. "Competitiveness of container terminal operating companies in South Korea and the industry–university–government network," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 1-14.
- Urciuoli, Luca, 2016. "What are the causes of transport insecurity? Results from a survey with transport operators," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 189-202.
- Yang, Zaili & Ng, Adolf K.Y. & Wang, Jin, 2014. "A new risk quantification approach in port facility security assessment," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 72-90.
More about this item
KeywordsPort security; System dynamics; Simulation; Reliability; Scenarios analysis;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:transa:v:49:y:2013:i:c:p:285-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/547/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.