Corruption in Africa: What role does ICT diffusion play
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert, 1999.
"The Quality of Government,"
Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(1), pages 222-279, April.
- Rafael LaPorta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, "undated". "The Quality of Government," Working Paper 19452, Harvard University OpenScholar.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1998. "The Quality of Government," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1847, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-de-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer & Robert Vishny, 1998. "The Quality of Goverment," NBER Working Papers 6727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rafael Di Tella & Alberto Ades, 1999. "Rents, Competition, and Corruption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 982-993, September.
- Swamy, Anand & Knack, Stephen & Lee, Young & Azfar, Omar, 2001.
"Gender and corruption,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 25-55, February.
- Anand V. Swamy & Stephen Knack & Young Lee & Omar Azfar, 2000. "Gender and Corruption," Department of Economics Working Papers 2000-10, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Anand Swamy & Stephen Knack & Young Lee & Omar Azfar, 2000. "Gender and Corruption," Center for Development Economics 158, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Richard Damania & Per Fredriksson & Muthukumara Mani, 2004.
"The Persistence of Corruption and Regulatory Compliance Failures: Theory and Evidence,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 121(3), pages 363-390, February.
- Per G. Fredriksson & Muthukumara Mani & Richard Damania, 2003. "The Persistence of Corruption and Regulatory Compliance Failures; Theory and Evidence," IMF Working Papers 03/172, International Monetary Fund.
- Huang, Chiung-Ju, 2016. "Is corruption bad for economic growth? Evidence from Asia-Pacific countries," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 247-256.
- Axel Dreher & Friedrich Schneider, 2010.
"Corruption and the shadow economy: an empirical analysis,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 144(1), pages 215-238, July.
- Axel Dreher & Friedrich Schneider, 2006. "Corruption and the Shadow Economy: An Empirical Analysis," KOF Working papers 06-123, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Axel Dreher & Friedrich Schneider, 2006. "Corruption and the Shadow Economy: An Empirical Analysis," CREMA Working Paper Series 2006-01, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Axel Dreher & Friedrich G. Schneider, 2006. "Corruption and the shadow economy: An empirical analysis," Economics working papers 2006-03, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria.
- Axel Dreher & Friedrich Schneider, 2006. "Corruption and the Shadow Economy: An Empirical Analysis," CESifo Working Paper Series 1653, CESifo.
- Dreher, Axel & Schneider, Friedrich, 2006. "Corruption and the Shadow Economy: An Empirical Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 1936, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Bryan W Husted, 1999. "Wealth, Culture, and Corruption," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(2), pages 339-359, June.
- Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Weill, Laurent, 2010.
"Is Corruption an Efficient Grease?,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 244-259, March.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, "undated". "Is corruption an efficient grease?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8408, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2008. "Is Corruption an Efficient Grease ?," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2008-06, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Weill, Laurent, 2008. "Is corruption an efficient grease?," BOFIT Discussion Papers 20/2008, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Laurent Weill, 2010. "Is corruption an efficient grease?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/92603, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Carlos A Leite & Jens Weidmann, 1999. "Does Mother Nature Corrupt? Natural Resources, Corruption, and Economic Growth," IMF Working Papers 99/85, International Monetary Fund.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Hamid Davoodi & Rosa Alonso-Terme, 2002. "Does corruption affect income inequality and poverty?," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 23-45, March.
- Diaby, Aboubacar & Sylwester, Kevin, 2014. "Bureaucratic competition and public corruption: Evidence from transition countries," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 75-87.
- Miguel Braun & Rafael Di tella, 2004. "Inflation, Inflation Variability, and Corruption," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 77-100, March.
- Daniel Lederman & Norman V. Loayza & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2005.
"Accountability And Corruption: Political Institutions Matter,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17, pages 1-35, March.
- Lederman, Daniel & Loayza, Norman & Reis Soares, Rodrigo, 2001. "Accountability and corruption : political institutions matter," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2708, The World Bank.
- Blackburn, Keith & Powell, Jonathan, 2011. "Corruption, inflation and growth," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 113(3), pages 225-227.
- Mehmet Ugur, 2014.
"Corruption'S Direct Effects On Per-Capita Income Growth: A Meta-Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 472-490, July.
- Ugur, Mehmet, 2013. "Corruption’s direct effects on per-capita income growth: a meta-analysis," Greenwich Papers in Political Economy 10180, University of Greenwich, Greenwich Political Economy Research Centre.
- Saha, Shrabani & Ben Ali, Mohamed Sami, 2017. "Corruption and Economic Development: New Evidence from the Middle Eastern and North African Countries," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 83-95.
- Pieroni, L. & d'Agostino, G., 2013.
"Corruption and the effects of economic freedom,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 54-72.
- Pieroni, Luca & d'Agostino, Giorgio, 2009. "Corruption and the Effects of Economic Freedom," MPRA Paper 18731, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luca Pieroni & Giorgio D'Agostino, 2011. "Corruption and the effects of economic freedom," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0133, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Mohsin Habib & Leon Zurawicki, 2002. "Corruption and Foreign Direct Investment," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 33(2), pages 291-307, June.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747160 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Gour G. Goswami, 2005. "The Impact of Corruption on the Black Market Premium," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 483-493, January.
- de Jong, Eelke & Bogmans, Christian, 2011. "Does corruption discourage international trade?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 385-398, June.
- Nasr G. Elbahnasawy & Charles F. Revier, 2012. "The Determinants of Corruption: Cross-Country-Panel-Data Analysis," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 50(4), pages 311-333, December.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
- Ben Ali Mohamed Sami & Sassi Seifallah, 2016. "The corruption-inflation nexus: evidence from developed and developing countries," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 125-144, January.
- Tariq Majeed, Muhammad, 2014. "Corruption and Trade," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 29, pages 759-782.
- Windmeijer, Frank, 2005. "A finite sample correction for the variance of linear efficient two-step GMM estimators," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 126(1), pages 25-51, May.
- Elbahnasawy, Nasr G., 2014. "E-Government, Internet Adoption, and Corruption: An Empirical Investigation," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 114-126.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jiaping Zhang & Mingwang Cheng & Xinyu Wei & Xiaomei Gong, 2018. "Does Mobile Phone Penetration Affect Divorce Rate? Evidence from China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-19, October.
- Jahanbakht, Mohammad & Mostafa, Romel, 2020. "Coevolution of policy and strategy in the development of the mobile telecommunications industry in Africa," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(4).
More about this item
KeywordsCorruption; Bribery; ICT diffusion; Rule of law; African countries;
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- D73 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Bureaucracy; Administrative Processes in Public Organizations; Corruption
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:telpol:v:41:y:2017:i:7:p:662-669. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/30471/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.