The Effect of Web Cohesion, Web Commitment, and Attitude toward the Website on Intentions to Use NFL Teams' Websites
Sport teams are increasingly using their websites to create and nurture relationships with their fans. Like other leisure-based products and services, sport brands have a capacity to facilitate the development of brand communities. Websites can be a key context for the expression of brand community. This study examines the effects of perceived cohesion, commitment, and attitude toward the website on intent to use the website via a web survey of NFL team website users (N=144). Structural equation modelling was used to confirm a model in which commitment and attitude toward the website directly increased intention to use the website; cohesion and commitment directly enhance attitude toward the website; and, cohesion has a strong, positive association with commitment. Implications and practical applications for building web community are discussed, and directions for future research are suggested.
Volume (Year): 10 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/716936/bibliographic|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hill, Brad & Christine Green, B., 2000. "Repeat Attendance as a Function of Involvement, Loyalty, and the Sportscape Across Three Football Contexts," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 145-162, November.
- Mahony, Daniel F. & Moorman, Anita M., 1999. "The Impact of Fan Attitudes on Intentions to Watch Professional Basketball Teams on Television," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 43-66, May.
- Nowlis, Stephen M & Kahn, Barbara E & Dhar, Ravi, 2002. " Coping with Ambivalence: The Effect of Removing a Neutral Option on Consumer Attitude and Preference Judgments," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 319-34, December.
- Muniz, Albert M, Jr & O'Guinn, Thomas C, 2001. " Brand Community," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(4), pages 412-32, March.
- Donna L. Hoffman, 2000. "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised: Introduction to the Special Issue on Marketing Science and the Internet," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(1), pages 1-3.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:spomar:v:10:y:2007:i:3:p:231-252. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.