Financial stress and economic activity in some emerging Asian economies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Graciela Kaminsky & Saul Lizondo & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1998.
"Leading Indicators of Currency Crises,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 1-48, March.
- Graciela Laura Kaminsky, 1997. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," IMF Working Papers 97/79, International Monetary Fund.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul, 1998. "Leading Indicators of Currency Crises," MPRA Paper 6981, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kaminsky, Graciela & Lizondo, Saul & Reinhart, Carmen M., 1997. "Leading indicators of currency crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1852, The World Bank.
- Nelson, Daniel B, 1991. "Conditional Heteroskedasticity in Asset Returns: A New Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 347-370, March.
- Beckmann, Daniela & Menkhoff, Lukas & Sawischlewski, Katja, 2006.
"Robust lessons about practical early warning systems,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 163-193, February.
- Beckmann, Daniela & Menkhoff, Lukas & Sawischlewski, Katja, 2005. "Robust Lessons about Practical Early Warning Systems," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-322, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Sawischlewski, Katja & Menkhoff, Lukas & Beckmann, Daniela, 2005. "Robust Lessons about Practical Early Warning Systems," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 3, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Louzis, Dimitrios P. & Vouldis, Angelos T., 2012. "A methodology for constructing a financial systemic stress index: An application to Greece," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 1228-1241.
- Robert, Marc Y., 2005. "The 1997-1998 Korean crisis: Domestic or external causes?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 33-53, February.
- Girton, Lance & Roper, Don, 1977. "A Monetary Model of Exchange Market Pressure Applied to the Postwar Canadian Experience," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 67(4), pages 537-548, September.
- Philip TURNER, 2007. "Are Banking Systems in East Asia Stronger?," Asian Economic Policy Review, Japan Center for Economic Research, vol. 2(1), pages 75-95.
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Illing, Mark & Liu, Ying, 2006. "Measuring financial stress in a developed country: An application to Canada," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 243-265, October.
- Bussiere, Matthieu & Fratzscher, Marcel, 2006.
"Towards a new early warning system of financial crises,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 953-973, October.
- Bussière, Matthieu & Fratzscher, Marcel, 2002. "Towards a new early warning system of financial crises," Working Paper Series 0145, European Central Bank.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Matthieu Bussiere, 2003. "Towards A New Early Warning System of Financial Crises," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 81, Royal Economic Society.
- Davis, E. Philip & Karim, Dilruba, 2008. "Comparing early warning systems for banking crises," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 89-120, June.
- Abdul d Abiad, 2003. "Early Warning Systems; A Survey and a Regime-Switching Approach," IMF Working Papers 03/32, International Monetary Fund.
- Michael Gapen & Dale Gray & Cheng Hoon Lim & Yingbin Xiao, 2008. "Measuring and Analyzing Sovereign Risk with Contingent Claims," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 55(1), pages 109-148, April.
- Christian Keller & Peter J Kunzel & Marcos R Souto, 2007. "Measuring Sovereign Risk in Turkey; An Application of the Contingent Claims Approach," IMF Working Papers 07/233, International Monetary Fund.
- Stijn Claessens & M.Ayhan Köse & Marco E.Terrones, 2008. "Financial Stress and Economic Activity," Journal of BRSA Banking and Financial Markets, Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency, vol. 2(2), pages 11-24.
- Troy A. Davig & Craig S. Hakkio, 2010. "What is the effect of financial stress on economic activity," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 35-62.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2003.
"Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(2), pages 579-625, March.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2001. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Anderson, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Diebold, Francis X. & Labys, Paul, 2002. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," Working Papers 02-12, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2001. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," NBER Working Papers 8160, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harding, Don & Pagan, Adrian, 2002.
"Dissecting the cycle: a methodological investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 365-381, March.
- Don Harding & Adrian Pagan, 2000. "Disecting the Cycle: A Methodological Investigation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1164, Econometric Society.
- Steven Fries & Martin Raiser & Nicholas Stern, 1999. "Stress test for reforms: Transition and East Asian 'contagion'," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 7(2), pages 535-567, July.
- Cevik, Emrah Ismail & Dibooglu, Sel & Kutan, Ali M., 2013. "Measuring financial stress in transition economies," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 597-611.
- Blix Grimaldi, Marianna, 2010. "Detecting and interpreting financial stress in the euro area," Working Paper Series 1214, European Central Bank.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-654, May-June.
- Elke Hanschel & Pierre Monnin, 2005. "Measuring and forecasting stress in the banking sector: evidence from Switzerland," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Investigating the relationship between the financial and real economy, volume 22, pages 431-49 Bank for International Settlements.
- Carolina Osorio & Filiz D Unsal & Runchana Pongsaparn, 2011. "A Quantitative Assessment of Financial Conditions in Asia," IMF Working Papers 11/170, International Monetary Fund.
- Gupta, Souvik & Miniane, Jacques, 2009. "Recessions and Recoveries in Asia: What Can the Past Teach Us about the Present Recession?," ADBI Working Papers 150, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Sweta Chaman Saxena & Valerie Cerra, 2000. "Contagion, Monsoons, and Domestic Turmoil in Indonesia; A Case Study in the Asian Currency Crisis," IMF Working Papers 00/60, International Monetary Fund.
- Jong Lee & Jaemin Ryu & Dimitrios Tsomocos, 2013. "Measures of systemic risk and financial fragility in Korea," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 9(4), pages 757-786, November.
- Craig S. Hakkio & William R. Keeton, 2009. "Financial stress: what is it, how can it be measured, and why does it matter?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 5-50.
- Carpenter, Seth & Demiralp, Selva & Schlusche, Bernd & Senyuz, Zeynep, 2014. "Measuring stress in money markets: A dynamic factor approach," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(1), pages 101-106.
- Cevik, Emrah Ismail & Dibooglu, Sel & Kenc, Turalay, 2013. "Measuring financial stress in Turkey," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 370-383.
- Asli DemirgÃ¼Ã§-Kunt & Enrica Detragiache, 1998. "The Determinants of Banking Crises in Developing and Developed Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 45(1), pages 81-109, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:559-571 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:54-66 is not listed on IDEAS
- Matkovskyy, Roman & Bouraoui, Taoufik & Hammami, Helmi, 2016. "Analysing the financial strength of Tunisia: An approach to estimate an index of financial safety," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 485-493.
- repec:eee:finlet:v:21:y:2017:i:c:p:214-221 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial crises; Financial pressure; Economic indicators; Business cycles;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:riibaf:v:36:y:2016:i:c:p:127-139. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.