What is the effect of financial stress on economic activity
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Luigi Guiso & Giuseppe Parigi, 1999. "Investment and Demand Uncertainty," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 185-227.
- Gilchrist, Simon & Leahy, John V., 2002. "Monetary policy and asset prices," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 75-97, January.
- Nicholas Bloom, 2009. "The Impact of Uncertainty Shocks," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 623-685, May.
- Gilchrist, Simon & Yankov, Vladimir & Zakrajsek, Egon, 2009.
"Credit market shocks and economic fluctuations: Evidence from corporate bond and stock markets,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 471-493, May.
- Vladimir Yankov & Egon Zakrajsek & Simon Gilchrist, 2009. "Credit Market Shocks and Economic Fluctuations: Evidence from Corporate Bond and Stock Markets," 2009 Meeting Papers 514, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Simon Gilchrist & Vladimir Yankov & Egon Zakrajsek, 2009. "Credit Market Shocks and Economic Fluctuations: Evidence from Corporate Bond and Stock Markets," NBER Working Papers 14863, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Irreversibility, Uncertainty, and Cyclical Investment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(1), pages 85-106.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1989.
"Agency Costs, Net Worth, and Business Fluctuations,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(1), pages 14-31, March.
- Bernanke, Ben & Gertler, Mark, 1988. "Agency Costs, Net Worth, And Business Fluctuations," SSRI Workshop Series 292693, University of Wisconsin-Madison, Social Systems Research Institute.
- Avinash K. Dixit & Robert S. Pindyck, 1994. "Investment under Uncertainty," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 5474.
- Leahy, John V & Whited, Toni M, 1996.
"The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Some Stylized Facts,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(1), pages 64-83, February.
- John V. Leahy & Toni M. Whited, 1995. "The Effect of Uncertainty on Investment: Some Stylized Facts," NBER Working Papers 4986, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lo, Ming Chien & Piger, Jeremy, 2005.
"Is the Response of Output to Monetary Policy Asymmetric? Evidence from a Regime-Switching Coefficients Model,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 37(5), pages 865-886, October.
- Ming Chien Lo & Jeremy M. Piger, 2003. "Is the response of output to monetary policy asymmetric? evidence from a regime-switching coefficients model," Working Papers 2001-022, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jan Hatzius & Peter Hooper & Frederic S. Mishkin & Kermit L. Schoenholtz & Mark W. Watson, 2010. "Financial Conditions Indexes: A Fresh Look after the Financial Crisis," NBER Working Papers 16150, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2007:i:june15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben S. Bernanke, 2007. "The financial accelerator and the credit channel," Speech 296, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Simon Hall & Anne Vila Wetherilt, 2002. "The role of corporate balance sheets and bank lending policies in a financial accelerator framework," Bank of England working papers 166, Bank of England.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedker:y:2010:i:qii:p:35-62:n:v.95no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbkcus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.