Internet adoption in Italian banks: An empirical investigation
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hester,D.D. & Calcagnini,G. & Bonis,R. de, 1999.
"Competition through innovation : ATMs in Italian banks,"
27, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Hester Donald D. & Calcagnini Giorgio & De Bonis Riccardo, 2001. "Competition Through Innovation: ATMs in Italian Banks," Rivista italiana degli economisti, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 3, pages 359-382.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1988. "Economic Duration Data and Hazard Functions," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(2), pages 646-79, June.
- Emilia Bonaccorsi di Patti & Giorgio Gobbi & Paolo Emilio Mistrulli, 2004. "The interaction between face-to-face and electronic delivery: the case of the Italian banking industry," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 508, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Courchane, Marsha & Nickerson, David & Sullivan, Richard, 2002. "Investment in internet banking as a real option: theory and tests," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(4-5), pages 347-363.
- Berger, Allen N, 2003.
" The Economic Effects of Technological Progress: Evidence from the Banking Industry,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(2), pages 141-76, April.
- Allen N. Berger, 2002. "The economic effects of technological progress: evidence from the banking industry," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-50, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Barras, Richard, 1993. "Interactive innovation in financial and business services: The vanguard of the service revolution," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 101-102, April.
- Mahler, Alwin & Rogers, Everett M., 1999. "The diffusion of interactive communication innovations and the critical mass: the adoption of telecommunications services by German banks," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(10-11), pages 719-740, November.
- Rui Baptista, 1999. "The Diffusion of Process Innovations: A Selective Review," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 107-129.
- Anna Canato & Nicoletta Corrocher, 2004. "Information and communication technology: organisational challenges for Italian banks," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(3), pages 355-370.
- Barras, Richard, 1990. "Interactive innovation in financial and business services: The vanguard of the service revolution," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 215-237, June.
- Georg Licht & Dietmar Moch, 1999.
"Innovationa and information technology in services,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 32(2), pages 363-383, April.
- Buzzacchi, Luigi & Colombo, Massimo G. & Mariotti, Sergio, 1995. "Technological regimes and innovation in services: the case of the Italian banking industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 151-168, January.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2002. "Information Technology, Workplace Organization, and the Demand for Skilled Labor: Firm-Level Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(1), pages 339-376.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:35:y:2006:i:4:p:533-544. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.