The Internet and the Future of Financial Services: Transparency, Differential Pricing and Disintermediation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Bresnahan, Timothy F. & Trajtenberg, M., 1995. "General purpose technologies 'Engines of growth'?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 83-108, January.
- Lorin M. Hitt & Frances X. Frei, 1999. "Do Better Customers Utilize Electronic Distribution Channels: The Case of PC Banking," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-21, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- William P. Osterberg & Sandy A. Sterk, 1997. "Do more banking offices mean more banking services?," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Dec.
- Timothy F. Bresnahan & Paul Milgrom & Jonathan Paul, 1992. "The Real Output of the Stock Exchange," NBER Chapters, in: Output Measurement in the Service Sectors, pages 195-216, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2000. "Beyond Computation: Information Technology, Organizational Transformation and Business Performance," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 23-48, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bergendahl, Goran, 2005. "Models for investment in electronic commerce--financial perspectives with empirical evidence," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 363-376, August.
- Stefan Mai, 2002. "International co-ordination of e-commerce," IWP Discussion Paper Series 03/2002, Institute for Economic Policy, Cologne, Germany.
- Paolo Calvosa, 2012. "L’impatto di internet nel settore dei giochi pubblici in Italia e i modelli di business degli operatori on line: il caso Microgame," ECONOMIA E DIRITTO DEL TERZIARIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2012(3), pages 379-402.
- Valentina Michelangeli & Eliana Viviano, 2021. "Can internet banking affect households' participation in financial markets and financial awareness?," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1329, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Bergendahl, Göran, 2002. "Investment in Electronic Commerce: Financial Perspectives and Profit Conditions," FE rapport 2002-389, University of Gothenburg, Department of Business Administration.
- Emilia Bonaccorsi di Patti & Giorgio Gobbi & Paolo Emilio Mistrulli, 2004. "The interaction between face-to-face and electronic delivery: the case of the Italian banking industry," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 508, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Ying Zhang, 2009. "Determinants of Poster Reputation on Internet Stock Message Boards," American Journal of Economics and Business Administration, Science Publications, vol. 1(2), pages 114-121, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:gd-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. Nahuis & H. van der Wiel, 2005. "How Should Europeâ€™s ICT Ambitions look like? An Interpretative Review of the Facts," Working Papers 05-22, Utrecht School of Economics.
- Edquist, Harald & Henrekson, Magnus, 2004.
"Technological Breakthroughs and Productivity Growth,"
SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
0562, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 23 Jan 2006.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Edquist, Harald, 2006. "Technological Breakthroughs and Productivity Growth," Working Paper Series 665, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Harald Edquist & Magnus Henrekson, 2005. "Technological breakthroughs and productivity growth," Working Papers 5024, Economic History Society.
- Adel Ben Youssef & Ludovic Ragni, 2008. "Uses of Information and Communication Technologies in Europe's Higher Education Institutions: From Digital Divides to Digital Trajectories," Post-Print halshs-00937212, HAL.
- Lach, Saul & Shiff, Gil & Trajtenberg, Manuel, 2008. "Together but Apart: ICT and Productivity Growth in Israel," CEPR Discussion Papers 6732, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Piva, Mariacristina & Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2005.
"The skill bias effect of technological and organisational change: Evidence and policy implications,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 141-157, March.
- Piva, Mariacristina & Santarelli, Enrico & Vivarelli, Marco, 2003. "The Skill Bias Effect of Technological and Organisational Change: Evidence and Policy Implications," IZA Discussion Papers 934, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- M. Piva & E. Santarelli & M. Vivarelli, 2003. "The Skill Bias Effect of Technological and Organisational Change: Evidenceand Policy Implications," Working Papers 486, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Liao, Hailin & Wang, Bin & Li, Baibing & Weyman-Jones, Tom, 2016. "ICT as a general-purpose technology: The productivity of ICT in the United States revisited," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 10-25.
- Maliranta, Mika & Rouvinen, Petri, 2003. "Productivity Effects of ICT in Finnish Business," Discussion Papers 852, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- García-Muñiz, Ana Salomé & Vicente, María Rosalía, 2014.
"ICT technologies in Europe: A study of technological diffusion and economic growth under network theory,"
Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 360-370.
- Ana Salomé García Muñiz & María Rosalía Vicente Cuervo, 2012. "ICT technologies in Europe: A study of technological diffusion and economic growth under network theory," Working Papers. Serie AD 2012-21, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Gu, Wulong Gera, Surendra, 2004. "The Effect of Organizational Innovation and Information Technology on Firm Performance," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2004007e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- Charlie Karlsson & Gunther Maier & Michaela Trippl & Iulia Siedschlag & Gavin Murphy, 2010. "ICT and Regional Economic Dynamics: A Literature Review," JRC Working Papers JRC59920, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Francesco Venturini & Ana Rincon-Aznar & Dr Michela Vecchi, 2013. "ICT as a general purpose technology: spillovers, absorptive capacity and productivity performance," National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR) Discussion Papers 416, National Institute of Economic and Social Research.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Lorin M. Hitt, 2003. "Computing Productivity: Firm-Level Evidence," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 793-808, November.
- M'HENNI, Hatem, 2004. "La fracture numérique Nord-Sud de la méditerranée; une explication néo-institutionnelle [A digital divide between north and south of Mediterranean sea: A neo-institutional explanation]," MPRA Paper 27548, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Irene Bertschek & Ulrich Kaiser, 2004.
"Productivity Effects of Organizational Change: Microeconometric Evidence,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(3), pages 394-404, March.
- Bertschek, Irene & Kaiser, Ulrich, 2001. "Productivity effects of organizational change: microeconometric evidence," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-32, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Bertschek Irene & Meyer Jenny, 2009.
"Do Older Workers Lower IT-Enabled Productivity?: Firm-Level Evidence from Germany,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 229(2-3), pages 327-342, April.
- Bertschek, Irene & Meyer, Jenny, 2008. "Do Older Workers Lower IT-Enabled Productivity? Firm-Level Evidence from Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-129, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Irene Bertschek & Jenny Meyer, 2008. "Do Older Workers Lower IT-Enabled Productivity? Firm-Level Evidence from Germany," DRUID Working Papers 08-17, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Bart van Ark & Robert Inklaar & Robert H. McGuckin, 2003.
"ICT and Productivity in Europe and the United States Where Do the Differences Come From?,"
CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 49(3), pages 295-318.
- Bart van Ark & Robert Inklaar & Robert H. McGuckin, 2003. "ICT and Productivity in Europe and the United States: Where Do the Differences Come From?," Economics Program Working Papers 03-05, The Conference Board, Economics Program.
- Stefanie Haller & Iulia Siedschlag, 2011.
"Determinants of ICT adoption: evidence from firm-level data,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(26), pages 3775-3788.
- Haller, Stefanie & Siedschlag, Iulia, 2008. "Determinants of ICT Adoption: Evidence from Firm-Level Data," Papers DYNREG29, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- John G. Fernald, 2015.
"Productivity and Potential Output before, during, and after the Great Recession,"
NBER Macroeconomics Annual, University of Chicago Press, vol. 29(1), pages 1-51.
- John G. Fernald, 2014. "Productivity and Potential Output before, during, and after the Great Recession," NBER Chapters, in: NBER Macroeconomics Annual 2014, Volume 29, pages 1-51, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John G. Fernald, 2012. "Productivity and potential output before, during, and after the Great Recession," Working Paper Series 2012-18, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- John Fernald, 2014. "Productivity and Potential Output Before, During, and After the Great Recession," 2014 Meeting Papers 1369, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- John Fernald, 2014. "Productivity and Potential Output Before, During, and After the Great Recession," NBER Working Papers 20248, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John G. Fernald, 2014. "Productivity and Potential Output Before, During, and After the Great Recession," Working Paper Series 2014-15, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- McCullough, Jeffrey S. & Snir, Eli M., 2010. "Monitoring technology and firm boundaries: Physician-hospital integration and technology utilization," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 457-467, May.
- Sang Nguyen & B.K. Atrostic, 2006. "How Businesses Use Information Technology: Insights for Measuring Technology and Productivity," Working Papers 06-15, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ENT-2001-07-23 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-INO-2001-07-23 (Innovation)
- NEP-NET-2001-07-23 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wop:pennin:00-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fiupaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Thomas Krichel (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/fiupaus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.