Cross-border mergers and acquisitions by oil and gas multinational enterprises: Geography-based view of energy strategy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1990. "Why Doesn't Capital Flow from Rich to Poor Countries?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 92-96, May.
- Boyer, M. Martin & Filion, Didier, 2007.
"Common and fundamental factors in stock returns of Canadian oil and gas companies,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 428-453, May.
- M. Martin Boyer & Didier Filion, 2004. "Common and Fundamental Factors in Stock Returns of Canadian Oil and Gas Companies," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-62, CIRANO.
- Hitt, Michael A. & Li, Dan & Xu, Kai, 2016. "International strategy: From local to global and beyond," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 58-73.
- Mitchell, Mark L. & Netter, Jeffry M., 1989. "Triggering the 1987 stock market crash : Antitakeover provisions in the proposed house ways and means tax bill?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 37-68, September.
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2016.
"The oil price crash in 2014/15: Was there a (negative) financial bubble?,"
Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 383-396.
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2016. "The Oil Price Crash in 2014/15: Was There a (Negative) Financial Bubble?," MPRA Paper 72094, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- World Bank, 2015. "World Development Indicators 2015," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 21634.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 2003. "Stock market driven acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(3), pages 295-311, December.
- Ron A. Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2006.
"Why is economic geography not an evolutionary science? Towards an evolutionary economic geography,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 6(3), pages 273-302, June.
- Ron A. Boschma & Koen Frenken, 2005. "Why is economic geography not an evolutionary science? Towards an evolutionary economic geography," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0501, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Feb 2005.
- Gupta, Kartick, 2016. "Oil price shocks, competition, and oil & gas stock returns — Global evidence," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 140-153.
- Zeng, Ming & Yang, Yongqi & Wang, Lihua & Sun, Jinghui, 2016. "The power industry reform in China 2015: Policies, evaluations and solutions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 94-110.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Ruback, Richard S., 1983. "The market for corporate control : The scientific evidence," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-4), pages 5-50, April.
- Francisco Urdinez & Gilmar Masiero & Mario Ogasavara, 2014. "China's quest for energy through FDI: new empirical evidence," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 293-314, November.
- Yunna, Wu & Yisheng, Yang, 2014. "The competition situation analysis of shale gas industry in China: Applying Porter’s five forces and scenario model," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 798-805.
- Mike W Peng & Denis Y L Wang & Yi Jiang, 2008. "An institution-based view of international business strategy: a focus on emerging economies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(5), pages 920-936, July.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1987. "Investor Behavior in the October 1987 Stock Market Crash: Survey Evidence," NBER Working Papers 2446, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 2002. "Technology, Geography, and Trade," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(5), pages 1741-1779, September.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30748164 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fan, Ying & Zhang, Xiao-Bing, 2010. "Modelling the strategic petroleum reserves of China and India by a stochastic dynamic game," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 505-519, July.
- John H Dunning, 1998. "Location and the Multinational Enterprise: A Neglected Factor?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(1), pages 45-66, March.
- Arshanapalli, Bala & Doukas, John, 1993. "International stock market linkages: Evidence from the pre- and post-October 1987 period," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 193-208, February.
- Allen J. Scott, 2004. "A Perspective of Economic Geography," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(5), pages 479-499, November.
- Robert J. Shiller, 1987. "Investor Behavior in the 1987-10 Stock Market Crash: Survey Evidence," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 853, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Martynova, Marina & Renneboog, Luc, 2008. "A century of corporate takeovers: What have we learned and where do we stand?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 2148-2177, October.
- Jones, Charles M & Kaul, Gautam, 1996. " Oil and the Stock Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(2), pages 463-491, June.
- Bart M. Lambrecht & Stewart C. Myers, 2007. "A Theory of Takeovers and Disinvestment," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(2), pages 809-845, April.
- Weston, J. Fred & Johnson, Brian A. & Siu, Juan A., 1999. "Mergers and restructuring in the world oil industry," Journal of Energy Finance & Development, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 149-183.
- Ng, Alex & Donker, Han, 2013. "Purchasing reserves and commodity market timing as takeover motives in the oil and gas industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 167-181.
- Wang, Xiao & Zhang, Chuanguo, 2014. "The impacts of global oil price shocks on China׳s fundamental industries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 394-402.
- Hongyi Lai & Sarah O'Hara & Karolina Wysoczanska, 2015. "Rationale of internationalization of China's national oil companies: seeking natural resources, strategic assets or sectoral specialization?," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(1), pages 77-95, January.
- Sun, Xiaolei & Li, Jianping & Wang, Yongfeng & Clark, Woodrow W., 2014. "China's Sovereign Wealth Fund Investments in overseas energy: The energy security perspective," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 654-661.
- Liou, Ru-Shiun & Chao, Mike Chen-Ho & Yang, Monica, 2016. "Emerging economies and institutional quality: Assessing the differential effects of institutional distances on ownership strategy," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 51(4), pages 600-611.
- Liao, Zhongju, 2016. "The evolution of wind energy policies in China (1995–2014): An analysis based on policy instruments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 464-472.
- Ang, B.W. & Choong, W.L. & Ng, T.S., 2015. "Energy security: Definitions, dimensions and indexes," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 1077-1093.
- Lebedev, Sergey & Peng, Mike W. & Xie, En & Stevens, Charles E., 2015. "Mergers and acquisitions in and out of emerging economies," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 651-662.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jungseok Park & Jungho Baek, 2019. "The Asymmetric Response of Mergers and Acquisitions in the North American Oil and Gas Industry to Oil Price Changes," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 15, pages 23-30, February.
More about this item
KeywordsCross-border mergers and acquisitions; Oil and gas industry; Crude oil prices; Energy strategy; Energy security; Geography-based view;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:72:y:2017:i:c:p:961-980. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.