A model for cost-benefit analysis of cooking fuel alternatives from a rural Indian household perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramanathan, R. & Ganesh, L. S., 1995. "Energy resource allocation incorporating qualitative and quantitative criteria: An integrated model using goal programming and AHP," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 197-218, September.
- Deshmukh, S.S. & Deshmukh, M.K., 2009. "A new approach to micro-level energy planning--A case of northern parts of Rajasthan, India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 634-642, April.
- Mirza, Bilal & Kemp, Rene, 2009. "Why Rural Rich Remain Energy Poor," MERIT Working Papers 024, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Banerjee, Avishek & Tierney, Michael. J. & Thorpe, Roger. N., 2012. "Thermoeconomics, cost benefit analysis, and a novel way of dealing with revenue generating dissipative units applied to candidate decentralised energy systems for Indian rural villages," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 477-488.
- Farsi, Mehdi & Filippini, Massimo & Pachauri, Shonali, 2007. "Fuel choices in urban Indian households," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(06), pages 757-774, December.
- Pachauri, Shonali & Jiang, Leiwen, 2008. "The household energy transition in India and China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4022-4035, November.
- Bansal, Mohit & Saini, R.P. & Khatod, D.K., 2013. "Development of cooking sector in rural areas in India—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 44-53.
- Afrane, George & Ntiamoah, Augustine, 2012. "Analysis of the life-cycle costs and environmental impacts of cooking fuels used in Ghana," Applied Energy, Elsevier, pages 301-306.
- Viswanathan, Brinda & Kavi Kumar, K. S., 2005. "Cooking fuel use patterns in India: 1983-2000," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1021-1036, May.
- Akella, A.K. & Sharma, M.P. & Saini, R.P., 2007. "Optimum utilization of renewable energy sources in a remote area," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 894-908, June.
- Heltberg, Rasmus, 2004. "Fuel switching: evidence from eight developing countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 869-887, September.
- Pohekar, S.D. & Kumar, Dinesh & Ramachandran, M., 2005. "Dissemination of cooking energy alternatives in India--a review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 379-393, August.
- Budya, Hanung & Yasir Arofat, Muhammad, 2011. "Providing cleaner energy access in Indonesia through the megaproject of kerosene conversion to LPG," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7575-7586.
- Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis & Ramaswami, Bharat & Wadhwa, Wilima, 2005. "Reducing subsidies on household fuels in India: how will it affect the poor?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(18), pages 2326-2336, December.
- Reddy, B. Sudhakara, 2003. "Overcoming the energy efficiency gap in India's household sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1117-1127, September.
- Gupta, Gautam & Kohlin, Gunnar, 2006. "Preferences for domestic fuel: Analysis with socio-economic factors and rankings in Kolkata, India," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1), pages 107-121, April.
- Pokharel, Shaligram & Chandrashekar, M., 1998. "A multiobjective approach to rural energy policy analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 325-336.
- Pohekar, S. D. & Ramachandran, M., 2004. "Application of multi-criteria decision making to sustainable energy planning--A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 365-381, August.
- Coelho, Suani T. & Goldemberg, José, 2013. "Energy access: Lessons learned in Brazil and perspectives for replication in other developing countries," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1088-1096.
- Bhattacharyya, Subhes C., 2006. "Energy access problem of the poor in India: Is rural electrification a remedy?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3387-3397, December.
- Saaty, Thomas L., 1990. "How to make a decision: The analytic hierarchy process," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 9-26, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:66-75 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCost-benefit analysis; Rural India; Fuel transitioning; Cooking fuel; Energy policy;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:56:y:2016:i:c:p:291-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.