Development of cooking sector in rural areas in India—A review
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Natarajan, R. & Karthikeyan, N.S. & Agarwaal, Avinash & Sathiyanarayanan, K., 2008. "Use of vegetable oil as fuel to improve the efficiency of cooking stove," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2423-2427.
- Gaur, A & Singh, O.P & Singh, S.K & Pandey, G.N, 1999. "Performance study of solar cooker with modified utensil," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 121-129.
- Viswanathan, Brinda & Kavi Kumar, K. S., 2005. "Cooking fuel use patterns in India: 1983-2000," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1021-1036, May.
- Ramanathan, R. & Ganesh, L.S., 1994. "A multi-objective analysis of cooking-energy alternatives," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 469-478.
- Nahar, N.M. & Gupta, J.P. & Sharma, P., 1996. "Performance and testing of two models of solar cooker for animal feed," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 47-50.
- Ravindranath, N. H. & Ramakrishna, J., 1997. "Energy options for cooking in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 63-75, January.
- Harmim, A. & Belhamel, M. & Boukar, M. & Amar, M., 2010. "Experimental investigation of a box-type solar cooker with a finned absorber plate," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 3799-3802.
- Quadir, Shaikh Abdul & Kandpal, Tara Chandra, 1995. "A note on the financial evaluation of improved biomass cookstoves," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 455-457.
- Purohit, P & Kumar, A & Rana, S & Kandpal, T.C, 2002. "Using renewable energy technologies for domestic cooking in India: a methodology for potential estimation," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 235-246.
- Ravindranath, N.H. & Balachandra, P., 2009. "Sustainable bioenergy for India: Technical, economic and policy analysis," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1003-1013.
- Champier, D. & Bedecarrats, J.P. & Rivaletto, M. & Strub, F., 2010. "Thermoelectric power generation from biomass cook stoves," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 935-942.
- Kumar, S. & Rubab, S. & Kandpal, T.C. & Mullick, S.C., 1996. "Financial feasibility analysis of box-type solar cookers in India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 21(12), pages 1257-1264.
- Champier, D. & Bédécarrats, J.P. & Kousksou, T. & Rivaletto, M. & Strub, F. & Pignolet, P., 2011. "Study of a TE (thermoelectric) generator incorporated in a multifunction wood stove," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 1518-1526.
- Akpalu, Wisdom & Dasmani, Isaac & Aglobitse, Peter B., 2011.
"Demand for cooking fuels in a developing country: To what extent do taste and preferences matter?,"
Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6525-6531, October.
- Wisdom Akpalu & Isaac Dasmani & Peter B. Aglobitse, 2011. "Demand for cooking fuels in a developing country. To what extent do taste and preferences matter?," Working Papers 243, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Edwards, Rufus D. & Smith, Kirk R. & Zhang, Junfeng & Ma, Yuqing, 2004. "Implications of changes in household stoves and fuel use in China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 395-411, February.
- Mirdha, U.S. & Dhariwal, S.R., 2008. "Design optimization of solar cooker," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 530-544.
- Hyman, Eric L., 1986. "The economics of improved charcoal stoves in Kenya," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 149-158, April.
- Pachauri, Shonali & Jiang, Leiwen, 2008. "The household energy transition in India and China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4022-4035, November.
- Nahar, N.M. & Gupta, J.P. & Sharma, P., 1994. "Design, development and testing of a large-size solar cooker for animal feed," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 295-304.
- Soussan, John & O'Keefe, Phil & Munslow, Barry, 1990. "Urban fuelwood challenges and dilemmas," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 572-582.
- Nandwani, Shyam S., 2007. "Design, construction and study of a hybrid solar food processor in the climate of Costa Rica," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 427-441.
- Khummongkol, P. & Wibulswas, P. & Bhattacharya, S.C., 1988. "Modeling of a charcoal cook stove," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(11), pages 813-821.
- Kapdi, S.S. & Vijay, V.K. & Rajesh, S.K. & Prasad, Rajendra, 2005. "Biogas scrubbing, compression and storage: perspective and prospectus in Indian context," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1195-1202.
- Reddy, B. Sudhakara, 2003. "Overcoming the energy efficiency gap in India's household sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1117-1127, September.
- Shrimali, Gireesh & Slaski, Xander & Thurber, Mark C. & Zerriffi, Hisham, 2011. "Improved stoves in India: A study of sustainable business models," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7543-7556.
- van de Laar, A., 1991. "rural energy problem in developing countries : diagnosis and policy approaches : a review of major issues," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18804, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Nahar, N.M., 1992. "Performance studies of a large size nontracking solar cooker," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 2(4), pages 421-430.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huda, A.S.N. & Mekhilef, S. & Ahsan, A., 2014. "Biomass energy in Bangladesh: Current status and prospects," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 504-517.
- Raha, Debadayita & Mahanta, Pinakeswar & Clarke, Michèle L., 2014. "The implementation of decentralised biogas plants in Assam, NE India: The impact and effectiveness of the National Biogas and Manure Management Programme," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 80-91.
- Niu, Hewen & He, Yuanqing & Desideri, Umberto & Zhang, Peidong & Qin, Hongyi & Wang, Shijin, 2014. "Rural household energy consumption and its implications for eco-environments in NW China: A case study," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 137-145.
- repec:eee:rensus:v:76:y:2017:i:c:p:369-378 is not listed on IDEAS
- Liao, Hua & Tang, Xin & Wei, Yi-Ming, 2016.
"Solid fuel use in rural China and its health effects,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews,
Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 900-908.
- Hua Liao & Xin Tang & Yi-Ming Wei, 2016. "Solid fuel use in rural China and its health effects," CEEP-BIT Working Papers 90, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research (CEEP), Beijing Institute of Technology.
- Luthra, Sunil & Govindan, Kannan & Kharb, Ravinder K. & Mangla, Sachin Kumar, 2016. "Evaluating the enablers in solar power developments in the current scenario using fuzzy DEMATEL: An Indian perspective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 379-397.
- Patel, Sameer & Khandelwal, Anish & Leavey, Anna & Biswas, Pratim, 2016. "A model for cost-benefit analysis of cooking fuel alternatives from a rural Indian household perspective," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 291-302.
- Nejat, Payam & Jomehzadeh, Fatemeh & Taheri, Mohammad Mahdi & Gohari, Mohammad & Abd. Majid, Muhd Zaimi, 2015. "A global review of energy consumption, CO2 emissions and policy in the residential sector (with an overview of the top ten CO2 emitting countries)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 843-862.
- Mehetre, Sonam A. & Panwar, N.L. & Sharma, Deepak & Kumar, Himanshu, 2017. "Improved biomass cookstoves for sustainable development: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 672-687.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:109:y:2017:i:c:p:66-75 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:rensus:v:84:y:2018:i:c:p:131-154 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gogoi, Biswajit & Baruah, D.C., 2016. "Steady state heat transfer modeling of solid fuel biomass stove: Part 1," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 283-295.
- Olatomiwa, Lanre & Mekhilef, Saad & Ismail, M.S. & Moghavvemi, M., 2016. "Energy management strategies in hybrid renewable energy systems: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 821-835.
- Cheng, Shikun & Li, Zifu & Mang, Heinz-Peter & Neupane, Kalidas & Wauthelet, Marc & Huba, Elisabeth-Maria, 2014. "Application of fault tree approach for technical assessment of small-sized biogas systems in Nepal," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 1372-1381.
More about this item
KeywordsCooking; Cooking fuel; Cook stoves; Solar cookers; Biogas;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:17:y:2013:i:c:p:44-53. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.