Fuel Choices in Urban Indian Households
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Masera, Omar R. & Saatkamp, Barbara D. & Kammen, Daniel M., 2000. "From Linear Fuel Switching to Multiple Cooking Strategies: A Critique and Alternative to the Energy Ladder Model," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 28(12), pages 2083-2103, December.
- Leach, Gerald, 1992. "The energy transition," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 116-123, February.
- Sudhakara Reddy, B., 1995. "A multilogit model for fuel shifts in the domestic sector," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 20(9), pages 929-936.
- Alam, Manzoor & Sathaye, Jayant & Barnes, Doug, 1998. "Urban household energy use in India: efficiency and policy implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 885-891, September.
- Reddy, B. Sudhakara, 2003. "Overcoming the energy efficiency gap in India's household sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(11), pages 1117-1127, September.
- Davis, Mark, 1998. "Rural household energy consumption : The effects of access to electricity--evidence from South Africa," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 207-217, February.
- Pachauri, S. & Mueller, A. & Kemmler, A. & Spreng, D., 2004. "On Measuring Energy Poverty in Indian Households," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2083-2104, December.
- Reddy, Amulya K.N. & Reddy, B.Sudhakara, 1994. "Substitution of energy carriers for cooking in Bangalore," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 561-571.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Muller, Christophe & Yan, Huijie, 2018.
"Household fuel use in developing countries: Review of theory and evidence,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 429-439.
- Christophe Muller & Huijie Yan, 2016. "Household Fuel Use in Developing Countries: Review of Theory and Evidence," Working Papers halshs-01290714, HAL.
- Christophe Muller & Huijie Yan, 2018. "Household fuel use in developing countries: Review of theory and evidence," Post-Print hal-01717823, HAL.
- Christophe Muller & Huijie Yan, 2016. "Household Fuel Use in Developing Countries: Review of Theory and Evidence," AMSE Working Papers 1613, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, France, revised Mar 2016.
- Ekholm, Tommi & Krey, Volker & Pachauri, Shonali & Riahi, Keywan, 2010. "Determinants of household energy consumption in India," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 5696-5707, October.
- Pachauri, Shonali & Jiang, Leiwen, 2008. "The household energy transition in India and China," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 4022-4035, November.
- van der Kroon, Bianca & Brouwer, Roy & van Beukering, Pieter J.H., 2013. "The energy ladder: Theoretical myth or empirical truth? Results from a meta-analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 504-513.
- Mensah, Justice Tei & Adu, George, 2015.
"An empirical analysis of household energy choice in Ghana,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1402-1411.
- Mensah, Justice T. & Adu, George, 2012. "An Empirical Analysis Of Household Energy Choice In Ghana," Working Paper Series 2013:6, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Han, Hongyun & Wu, Shu, 2018. "Rural residential energy transition and energy consumption intensity in China," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 523-534.
- Rahut, Dil Bahadur & Behera, Bhagirath & Ali, Akhter & Marenya, Paswel, 2017. "A ladder within a ladder: Understanding the factors influencing a household's domestic use of electricity in four African countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 167-181.
- Muhammad Saad Moeen & Muhammad Asjad Tariq & Saqib Shahzad & Shehryar Rashid, 2016. "Factors Influencing Choice of Energy Sources in Rural Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 55(4), pages 905-920.
- Kowsari, Reza & Zerriffi, Hisham, 2011. "Three dimensional energy profile:," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7505-7517.
- Takama, Takeshi & Tsephel, Stanzin & Johnson, Francis X., 2012. "Evaluating the relative strength of product-specific factors in fuel switching and stove choice decisions in Ethiopia. A discrete choice model of household preferences for clean cooking alternatives," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1763-1773.
- Heltberg, Rasmus, 2004. "Fuel switching: evidence from eight developing countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 869-887, September.
- Rahut, Dil Bahadur & Behera, Bhagirath & Ali, Akhter, 2016. "Patterns and determinants of household use of fuels for cooking: Empirical evidence from sub-Saharan Africa," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 117(P1), pages 93-104.
- Andadari, Roos Kities & Mulder, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 2014. "Energy poverty reduction by fuel switching. Impact evaluation of the LPG conversion program in Indonesia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 436-449.
- Andreas Kemmler, 2006. "Regional disparities in electrification of India – do geographic factors matter?," CEPE Working paper series 06-51, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Malla, Sunil & Timilsina, Govinda R, 2014. "Household cooking fuel choice and adoption of improved cookstoves in developing countries : a review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6903, The World Bank.
- van der Kroon, Bianca & Brouwer, Roy & van Beukering, Pieter J.H., 2014. "The impact of the household decision environment on fuel choice behavior," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 236-247.
- Jean Hugues Nlom & Aziz A. Karimov, 2015.
"Modeling Fuel Choice among Households in Northern Cameroon,"
MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-11, July.
- Nlom, Jean Hugues & Karimov, Aziz, 2014. "Modeling fuel choice among households in northern Cameroon," WIDER Working Paper Series 038, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Campbell, B. M. & Vermeulen, S. J. & Mangono, J. J. & Mabugu, R., 2003. "The energy transition in action: urban domestic fuel choices in a changing Zimbabwe," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 553-562, May.
- Parikh, Priti & Chaturvedi, Sankalp & George, Gerard, 2012. "Empowering change: The effects of energy provision on individual aspirations in slum communities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 477-485.
- Shonali Pachauri & Daniel Spreng, 2003. "Energy use and energy access in relation to poverty," CEPE Working paper series 03-25, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cee:wpcepe:05-42. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Ordas). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cepetch.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.