A minimalist model of federal grants and flypaper effects
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Geoffrey Brennan & Jonathan Pincus, 1995. "A Minimalist Model of Federal Grants and Flypaper Effects," School of Economics Working Papers 1995-01, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heins, A James, 1971. "State and Local Response to Fiscal Decentralization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 449-455, May.
- Zampelli, Ernest M, 1986. "Resource Fungibility, the Flypaper Effect, and the Expenditure Impact of Grants-in-Aid," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 68(1), pages 33-40, February.
- Romer, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard, 1979. "The elusive median voter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 143-170, October.
- Pommerehne, Werner W & Schneider, Friedrich, 1978. "Fiscal Illusion, Political Institutions, and Local Public Spending," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(3), pages 381-408.
- Breton, Albert, 1987. "Towards a theory of competitive federalism," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 263-329.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:79:y:1985:i:04:p:994-1015_23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bradford, David F & Oates, Wallace E, 1971. "Towards a Predictive Theory of Intergovernmental Grants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(2), pages 440-448, May.
- Filimon, Radu & Romer, Thomas & Rosenthal, Howard, 1982. "Asymmetric information and agenda control : The bases of monopoly power in public spending," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 51-70, February.
- Martin McGuire, 1973. "Notes on Grants-in-Aid and Economic Interactions among Governments," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 6(2), pages 207-221, May.
- Shapiro, Perry & Petchey, Jeffrey D, 1994. "'Shall Become Exclusive': An Economic Analysis of Section 90," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 70(209), pages 171-182, June.
- Fisher, Ronald C., 1982. "Income and grant effects on local expenditure: The flypaper effect and other difficulties," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 324-345, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Baicker, Katherine, 2001. "Government decision-making and the incidence of federal mandates," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 147-194, November.
- Robin Boadway & Michael Keen, 1996.
"Efficiency and the optimal direction of federal-state transfers,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 3(2), pages 137-155, May.
- Robin Boadway & Michael Keen, 1996. "Efficiency and the optimal direction of federal-state transfers," IFS Working Papers W96/01, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Becerra, Ligia Melo, 2004. "Intergovernmental fiscal relations : the Colombian case," Economics PhD Theses 0304, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- Kakamu, Kazuhiko & Yunoue, Hideo & Kuramoto, Takashi, 2014. "Spatial patterns of flypaper effects for local expenditure by policy objective in Japan: A Bayesian approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 500-506.
- Yihua Yu & Jing Wang & Xi Tian, 2016.
"Identifying the Flypaper Effect in the Presence of Spatial Dependence: Evidence from Education in China's Counties,"
Growth and Change,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(1), pages 93-110, March.
- Yu, Yihua & Wang, Jing & Tian, Xi, 2013. "Identifying the Flypaper Effect in the Presence of Spatial Dependence: Evidence from Education in China’s Counties," MPRA Paper 61616, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:spr:chfecr:v:5:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40589-017-0058-y is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Kattenberg & Wouter Vermeulen, 2015.
"The stimulative effect of an unconditional block grant on the decentralized provision of care,"
CPB Discussion Paper
308, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Mark Kattenberg & Wouter Vermeulen, 2016. "The Stimulative Effect of an Unconditional Block Grant on the Decentralized Provision of Care," SERC Discussion Papers 0209, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Craig Brett & Christina Tardif, 2008. "The Grants are Falling! The Grants are Falling! How Municipal Governments Changed Taxes in Response to Provincial Support in New Brunswick, 19832003," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 34(4), pages 441-456, December.
- Cont, Walter & Porto, Alberto, 2014. "Personal and regional redistribution through public finance in a federal setting," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 563-578.
- repec:kap:itaxpf:v:25:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s10797-017-9442-7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:61:y:1996:i:2:p:229-246. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .