Scale and transfers in international emissions offset programs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mason, Charles F. & Plantinga, Andrew J., 2013. "The additionality problem with offsets: Optimal contracts for carbon sequestration in forests," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 1-14.
- Strand, Jon, 2011.
"Carbon offsets with endogenous environmental policy,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(2), pages 371-378, March.
- Strand, Jon, 2010. "Carbon offsets with endogenous environmental policy," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5296, The World Bank.
- Montero, Juan-Pablo, 2002. "Prices versus quantities with incomplete enforcement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(3), pages 435-454, September.
- Suzi Kerr & Leslie Lipper & Alexander S.P. Pfaff & Romina Cavatassi & Benjamin Davis & Joanna Hendy & Arturo Sanchez, 2004. "Will Buying Tropical Forest Carbon Benefit The Poor? Evidence from Costa Rica," Working Papers 04-20, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2005.
"Project-based mechanisms for emissions reductions: balancing trade-offs with baselines,"
Elsevier, vol. 33(14), pages 1807-1823, September.
- Fischer, Carolyn, 2004. "Project-Based Mechanisms for Emissions Reductions: Balancing Trade-offs with Baselines," Discussion Papers dp-04-32, Resources For the Future.
- Alexander Pfaff & Gregory S. Amacher & Erin O. Sills, 2013. "Realistic REDD: Improving the Forest Impacts of Domestic Policies in Different Settings," Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 7(1), pages 114-135, January.
- Nordhaus, William D & Yang, Zili, 1996. "A Regional Dynamic General-Equilibrium Model of Alternative Climate-Change Strategies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 741-765, September.
- Bovenberg, A. Lans & Goulder, Lawrence H. & Jacobsen, Mark R., 2008.
"Costs of alternative environmental policy instruments in the presence of industry compensation requirements,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(5-6), pages 1236-1253, June.
- Bovenberg, A.L. & Goulder, L.H. & Jacobson, M.R., 2006. "Costs of Alternative Environmental Policy Instruments in the Presence of Industry Compensation Requirements," Discussion Paper 2006-127, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Bento, Antonio & Kanbur, Ravi & Leard, Benjamin, 2012.
"Super-Additionality: A Neglected Force in Markets for Carbon Offsets,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
8952, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Bento, Antonio M. & Leard, Benjamin, 2012. "SUPER-ADDITIONALITY: A Neglected Force in Markets for Carbon Offsets," Working Papers 128811, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Jayant Sathaye, Willy Makundi, Larry Dale, Peter Chan, and Kenneth Andrasko, 2006. "GHG Mitigation Potential, Costs and Benefits in Global Forests: A Dynamic Partial Equilibrium Approach," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Special I), pages 127-162.
- James B. Bushnell, 2011. "The Economics of Carbon Offsets," NBER Chapters,in: The Design and Implementation of U.S. Climate Policy, pages 197-209 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Montero, Juan-Pablo, 2000. "Optimal design of a phase-in emissions trading program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 273-291, February.
- Zhang, Junjie & Wang, Can, 2011. "Co-benefits and additionality of the clean development mechanism: An empirical analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 140-154, September.
- Juan-Pablo Montero, 1999. "Voluntary Compliance with Market-Based Environmental Policy: Evidence from the U.S. Acid Rain Program," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(5), pages 998-1033, October.
- Hartman, Raymond S, 1988. "Self-Selection Bias in the Evaluation of Voluntary Energy Conservation Programs," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 448-458, August.
- Arguedas, Carmen & van Soest, Daan P., 2009. "On reducing the windfall profits in environmental subsidy programs," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(2), pages 192-205, September.
- Nicholas Stern, 2008. "The Economics of Climate Change," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(2), pages 1-37, May.
- Robalino, Juan & Pfaff, Alexander & Sanchez-Azofefia, G. Arturo & Alpizar, Francisco & Leon, Carlos & Rodriguez, Carlos Manuel, 2008. "Deforestation Impacts of Environmental Services Payments: Costa Rica’s PSA Program 2000–2005," Discussion Papers dp-08-24-efd, Resources For the Future.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Antonio Bento & Ravi Kanbur & Benjamin Leard, 2016.
"On the importance of baseline setting in carbon offsets markets,"
Springer, vol. 137(3), pages 625-637, August.
- Bento, Antonio & Kanbur, Ravi & Leard, Benjamin, 2016. "On the Importance of Baseline Setting in Carbon Offsets Markets," Discussion Papers dp-16-11, Resources For the Future.
- Arthur A. van Benthem, 2015. "Energy Leapfrogging," Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(1), pages 93-132.
- Paul J. Burke, 2016.
"Undermined by Adverse Selection: Australia's Direct Action Abatement Subsidies,"
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 35(3), pages 216-229, September.
- Burke, Paul J., 2016. "Undermined by adverse selection: Australia’s Direct Action abatement subsidies," Working Papers 249524, Australian National University, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy.
- Paul J. Burke, 2016. "Undermined by adverse selection: Australia’s Direct Action abatement subsidies," CCEP Working Papers 1605, Centre for Climate Economics & Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Knut Rosendahl & Jon Strand, 2015.
"Emissions Trading with Offset Markets and Free Quota Allocations,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 61(2), pages 243-271, June.
- Rosendahl, Knut Einar & Strand, Jon, 2012. "Emissions trading with offset markets and free quota allocations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6281, The World Bank.
- Knut Einar Rosendahl & Jon Strand, 2014. "Emissions Trading with Offset Markets and Free Quota Allocations," CESifo Working Paper Series 4603, CESifo Group Munich.
- Knut Einar Rosendahl & Jon Strand, 2012. "Emissions trading with offset markets and free quota allocations," Discussion Papers 719, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Bento, Antonio & Ho, Benjamin & Ramirez-Basora, Mario, 2015. "Optimal monitoring and offset prices in voluntary emissions markets," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 202-223.
- repec:eee:resene:v:49:y:2017:i:c:p:33-47 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:enreec:v:67:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s10640-015-9981-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:enreec:v:68:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10640-016-0055-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Strand, Jon, 2016. "Mitigation incentives with climate finance and treaty options," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 166-174.
- Gren, Ing-Marie & Zeleke, Abenezer Aklilu, 2016. "Policy design for forest carbon sequestration: A review of the literature," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 128-136.
- Strand,Jon & Siddiqui,Sauleh, 2015. "Value of improved information about forest protection values, with application to rainforest valuation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7423, The World Bank.
- Bento, Antonio M. & Kanbur, Ravi & Leard, Benjamin, 2015. "Designing efficient markets for carbon offsets with distributional constraints," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 51-71.
- May, Peter H. & Soares-Filho, Britaldo Silveira & Strand, Jon, 2013. "How much is the Amazon worth ? the state of knowledge concerning the value of preserving amazon rainforests," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6668, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsOffsets; Deforestation; Baselines; Adverse selection; Climate change policy; Opt-in programs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pubeco:v:107:y:2013:i:c:p:31-46. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505578 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.