On the welfare implications of firing costs
No abstract is available for this item.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Booth, Alison L & Zoega, Gylfi, 1994. "Quitting Externalities, Employment Cyclicality and Firing Costs," CEPR Discussion Papers 1101, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Boeri, Tito, 1999.
"Enforcement of employment security regulations, on-the-job search and unemployment duration,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 65-89, January.
- Boeri, Tito, 1998. "Enforcement of Employment Security Regulations, On-The-Job Search and Unemployment Duration," CEPR Discussion Papers 1850, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1990. "Job Security Provisions and Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 699-726.
- Olivier Blanchard & Pedro Portugal, 1998.
"What Hides Behind An Unemployment Rate: Comparing Portuguese and Us Unemployment,"
w199803, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Olivier Blanchard & Pedro Portugal, 1998. "What Hides Behind an Umemployment Rate: Comparing Portuguese and U.S. Unemployment," NBER Working Papers 6636, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1992.
"Labor Turnover Costs and Average Labor Demand,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(4), pages 389-411, October.
- Stevens, Margaret, 1994. "A Theoretical Model of On-the-Job Training with Imperfect Competition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 537-62, October.
- Booth, Alison & Chatterji, Monojit, 1989. "Redundancy Payments and Firm-Specific Training," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(224), pages 505-21, November.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-84, December.
- Nickell, S J, 1978. "Fixed Costs, Employment and Labour Demand over the Cycle," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 45(180), pages 329-45, November.
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1990. "Job security, employment and wages," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 851-879, June.
- Alison Booth & Yu-Fu Chen & Gylfi Zoega, 1999.
"Hiring And Firing: A Tale Of Two Thresholds,"
Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics
095, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1980. "The Exit-Voice Tradeoff in the Labor Market: Unionism, Job Tenure, Quits, and Separations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 643-673.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Jimeno, Juan F, 1995. "Structural Unemployment: Spain versus Portugal," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 212-18, May.
- Samuel Bentolila & Giuseppe Bertola, 1990. "Firing Costs and Labour Demand: How Bad is Eurosclerosis?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 381-402.
- Salop, Steven C, 1979. "A Model of the Natural Rate of Unemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 117-25, March.
- Booth, Alison L & Zoega, Gylfi, 1999. "Do Quits Cause Under-Training?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 374-86, April.
- Pissarides, Christopher A., 2001. "Employment protection," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 131-159, May.
- Michael K. Gavin, 1986. "Labor market rigidities and unemployment: the case of severance costs," International Finance Discussion Papers 284, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:19:y:2003:i:4:p:759-775. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.