On the welfare implications of firing costs
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Booth, Alison L & Zoega, Gylfi, 1999. "Do Quits Cause Under-Training?," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 374-86, April.
- Michael K. Gavin, 1986. "Labor market rigidities and unemployment: the case of severance costs," International Finance Discussion Papers 284, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Boeri, Tito, 1999.
"Enforcement of employment security regulations, on-the-job search and unemployment duration,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 65-89, January.
- Boeri, Tito, 1998. "Enforcement of Employment Security Regulations, On-The-Job Search and Unemployment Duration," CEPR Discussion Papers 1850, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1980. "The Exit-Voice Tradeoff in the Labor Market: Unionism, Job Tenure, Quits, and Separations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(4), pages 643-673.
- Giuseppe Bertola, 1991.
"Labor Turnover Costs and Average Labor Demand,"
NBER Working Papers
3866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Salop, Steven C, 1979. "A Model of the Natural Rate of Unemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 117-25, March.
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1990. "Job security, employment and wages," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 851-879, June.
- Samuel Bentolila & Giuseppe Bertola, 1990. "Firing Costs and Labour Demand: How Bad is Eurosclerosis?," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 57(3), pages 381-402.
- Nickell, S J, 1978. "Fixed Costs, Employment and Labour Demand over the Cycle," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 45(180), pages 329-45, November.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-84, December.
- Olivier Blanchard & Pedro Portugal, 1998.
"What Hides Behind an Umemployment Rate: Comparing Portuguese and U.S. Unemployment,"
NBER Working Papers
6636, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olivier Blanchard & Pedro Portugal, 1998. "What Hides Behind An Unemployment Rate: Comparing Portuguese and Us Unemployment," Working Papers w199803, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Booth, Alison & Chatterji, Monojit, 1989. "Redundancy Payments and Firm-Specific Training," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(224), pages 505-21, November.
- Stevens, Margaret, 1994. "A Theoretical Model of On-the-Job Training with Imperfect Competition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 537-62, October.
- Pissarides, Christopher A., 2001. "Employment protection," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 131-159, May.
- Alison Booth & Yu-Fu Chen & Gylfi Zoega, 1999.
"Hiring And Firing: A Tale Of Two Thresholds,"
Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics
095, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Booth, Alison L & Zoega, Gylfi, 1994. "Quitting Externalities, Employment Cyclicality and Firing Costs," CEPR Discussion Papers 1101, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Jimeno, Juan F, 1995. "Structural Unemployment: Spain versus Portugal," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 212-18, May.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1990. "Job Security Provisions and Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 699-726.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:poleco:v:19:y:2003:i:4:p:759-775. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.