Evaluating the impact of market reforms on Value-at-Risk forecasts of Chinese A and B shares
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Engle, Robert F. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1995. "Multivariate Simultaneous Generalized ARCH," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(1), pages 122-150, February.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1995. "Techniques for verifying the accuracy of risk measurement models," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 95-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Su, Dongwei & Fleisher, Belton M., 1999.
"Why does return volatility differ in Chinese stock markets?,"
Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 557-586, December.
- Belton Fleisher & Dongwei Su, 1998. "Why Does Return Volatility Differ in Chinese Stock Markets?," Working Papers 98-03, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Jeantheau, Thierry, 1998. "Strong Consistency Of Estimators For Multivariate Arch Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(1), pages 70-86, February.
- Michael Mcaleer & Bernardo da Veiga, 2008. "Forecasting value-at-risk with a parsimonious portfolio spillover GARCH (PS-GARCH) model," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(1), pages 1-19.
- Jose A. Lopez, 1999.
"Methods for evaluating value-at-risk estimates,"
Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-17.
- Chan, Wing H & Maheu, John M, 2002. "Conditional Jump Dynamics in Stock Market Returns," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 377-389, July.
- Ma, Xianghai, 1996. "Capital controls, market segmentation and stock prices: Evidence from the Chinese stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 219-239, July.
- Christoffersen, Peter F, 1998. "Evaluating Interval Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 841-862, November.
- Chui, Andy C W & Kwok, Chuck C Y, 1998. "Cross-Autocorrelation between A Shares and B Shares in the Chinese Stock Market," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 21(3), pages 333-353, Fall.
- Engle, Robert, 2002. "Dynamic Conditional Correlation: A Simple Class of Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedasticity Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 339-350, July.
- Robert Brooks & Vanitha Ragunathan, 2003. "Returns and volatility on the Chinese stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(10), pages 747-752.
- Chien-Liang Chiu & Mingchih Lee & Chun-Da Chen, 2005. "Removal of an investment restriction: the 'B' share experience from China's stock markets," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4), pages 273-285.
- McAleer, Michael, 2005. "Automated Inference And Learning In Modeling Financial Volatility," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 21(1), pages 232-261, February.
- Harvey, David & Leybourne, Stephen & Newbold, Paul, 1997. "Testing the equality of prediction mean squared errors," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 281-291, June.
- Bailey, Warren, 1994. "Risk and return on China's new stock markets: Some preliminary evidence," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 2(2-3), pages 243-260, May.
- Tse, Y K & Tsui, Albert K C, 2002. "A Multivariate Generalized Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity Model with Time-Varying Correlations," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(3), pages 351-362, July.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- He, Hongbo & Chen, Shou & Yao, Shujie & Ou, Jinghua, 2014. "Financial liberalisation and international market interdependence: Evidence from China’s stock market in the post-WTO accession period," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 434-444.
- Abdul Hakim, 2009. "Forcasting portofolio value-at-risk for international stocks, bonds, and foreign exchange emerging market evidence," Economic Journal of Emerging Markets, Universitas Islam Indonesia, Department of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 13-26, April.
- da Veiga, B. & Chan, F. & McAleer, M.J., 2009.
"It Pays to Violate: How Effective are the Basel Accord Penalties?,"
Econometric Institute Research Papers
EI 2009-39, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Bernardo da Veiga & Felix Chan & Michael McAleer, 2009. "It Pays to Violate: How Effective are the Basel Accord Penalties?," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-683, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Bernardo da Veiga & Felix Chan & Michael McAleer, 2009. "It Pays to Violate: How Effective are the Basel Accord Penalties?," CARF F-Series CARF-F-186, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Christos Agiakloglou & Charalampos Agiropoulos, 2011. "The sensitivity of Value-at-Risk estimates using Monte Carlo approach," SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, SPOUDAI Journal of Economics and Business, University of Piraeus, vol. 61(1-2), pages 7-12, January -.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:pacfin:v:16:y:2008:i:4:p:453-475. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Haili He). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.