The decision to list abroad: The case of ADRs and foreign IPOs by Chinese companies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yang, Ting & Lau, Sie Ting, 2005. "U.S. cross-listing and China's B-share discount," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(4-5), pages 334-353, October.
- Allen, Franklin & Qian, Jun & Qian, Meijun, 2005. "Law, finance, and economic growth in China," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 57-116, July.
- Armando Gomes, 2000. "Going Public without Governance: Managerial Reputation Effects," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(2), pages 615-646, April.
- Li, Yuming & Yan, Daying & Greco, Joe, 2006. "Market segmentation and price differentials between A shares and H shares in the Chinese stock markets," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 232-248, July.
- Mello, Antonio S. & Parsons, John E., 1998. "Going public and the ownership structure of the firm," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 79-109, July.
- Sergei Sarkissian, 2004. "The Overseas Listing Decision: New Evidence of Proximity Preference," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(3), pages 769-809.
- Susana Alvarez & Victor Gonzalez, 2005. "Performance of Spanish firms going public: windows of opportunity and the informative effect," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(18), pages 1283-1297.
- Claessens, Stijn & Klingebiel, Daniela & Schmukler, Sergio L., 2006. "Stock market development and internationalization: Do economic fundamentals spur both similarly?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 316-350, June.
- Marc Goergen & Arif Khurshed & Ram Mudambi, 2006. "The Strategy of Going Public: How UK Firms Choose Their Listing Contracts," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(1-2), pages 79-101.
- Gustavo Grullon & Roni Michaely, 2004. "The Information Content of Share Repurchase Programs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 651-680, April.
- James S. Ang & James C. Brau, 2002. "Firm Transparency and the Costs of Going Public," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 25(1), pages 1-17.
- Marco Pagano & Ailsa A. Röell & Josef Zechner, 2002.
"The Geography of Equity Listing: Why Do Companies List Abroad?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2651-2694, December.
- Marco Pagano & Ailsa A. Roell & Joseph Zechner, 1999. "The Geography of Equity Listing; Why Do Companies List Abroad?," CSEF Working Papers 28, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 01 Sep 2001.
- Pagano, Marco & Röell, Ailsa A & Zechner, Josef, 2001. "The Geography of Equity Listing: Why Do Companies List Abroad?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shahrokh M Saudagaran, 1988. "An Empirical Study of Selected Factors Influencing the Decision to List on Foreign Stock Exchanges," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 19(1), pages 101-127, March.
- Sun, Qian & Tong, Wilson H. S., 2003. "China share issue privatization: the extent of its success," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 183-222, November.
- Stephen R. Foerster & G. Andrew Karolyi, 1999. "The Effects of Market Segmentation and Investor Recognition on Asset Prices: Evidence from Foreign Stocks Listing in the United States," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(3), pages 981-1013, June.
- Xiaozu Wang & Lixin Colin Xu & Tian Zhu, 2004. "State-owned enterprises going public "The case of China"," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 12(3), pages 467-487, September.
- G. Andrew Karolyi, 2006.
"The World of Cross-Listings and Cross-Listings of the World: Challenging Conventional Wisdom,"
Review of Finance,
European Finance Association, vol. 10(1), pages 99-152.
- Karolyi, G. Andrew, 2004. "The World of Cross-Listings and Cross-Listings of the World: Challenging Conventional Wisdom," Working Paper Series 2004-14, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Doidge, Craig, 2004. "U.S. cross-listings and the private benefits of control: evidence from dual-class firms," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 519-553, June.
- Puri, Manju, 1999. "Commercial banks as underwriters: implications for the going public process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 133-163, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pan, Lee-Hsien & Lin, Chien-Ting & Yang, Pei-Chi, 2013. "Corporate governance, growth opportunities, and the choices of cross-listings: The case of Chinese ADRs," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 221-234.
- He, Hui & Yang, Jiawen, 2012. "Day and night returns of Chinese ADRs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 2795-2803.
- Hongmei Xu, 2015. "Why do Small Chinese Firms List on Frankfurt Stock Exchange?," China Economic Policy Review (CEPR), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 4(01), pages 1-18, June.
- Hornstein, Abigail S., 2014.
"The impact of local governance institutions on foreign market listings: The case of Chinese firms,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 46-67.
- Abigail S. Hornstein, 2013. "The Impact of Local Governance Institutions on Foreign Market Listings: The Case of Chinese Firms," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2013-006, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Xu, Hongmei, 2014. "Why do small Chinese firms list on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange?," Discussion Papers of the Institute for Organisational Economics 11/2014, University of Münster, Institute for Organisational Economics.
- Tourani-Rad, Alireza & Gilbert, Aaron & Chen, Jun, 2016. "Are foreign IPOs really foreign? Price efficiency and information asymmetry of Chinese foreign IPOs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 95-106.
- Yongli Luo, 2014. "Cross-listing, managerial compensation and corporate governance," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Busaba, Walid Y. & Guo, Lin & Sun, Zhenzhen & Yu, Tong, 2015. "The dark side of cross-listing: A new perspective from China," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 1-16.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:41:y:2017:i:c:p:109-124 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luo, Yongli & Fang, Fang & Esqueda, Omar A., 2012. "The overseas listing puzzle: Post-IPO performance of Chinese stocks and ADRs in the U.S. market," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 193-211.
- repec:eee:worbus:v:53:y:2018:i:4:p:555-567 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsCross-listing ADR Foreign IPOs;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:mulfin:v:20:y:2010:i:1:p:71-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/mulfin .