Day and night returns of Chinese ADRs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gagnon, Louis & Andrew Karolyi, G., 2010. "Multi-market trading and arbitrage," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 53-80, July.
- Silva, Ana Cristina & Chávez, Gonzalo A., 2008. "Cross-listing and liquidity in emerging market stocks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 420-433, March.
- Xiaoqing Eleanor Xu & Hung-Gay Fung, 2002. "Information Flows across Markets: Evidence from China-Backed Stocks Dual-Listed in Hong Kong and New York," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(4), pages 563-588, November.
- Padma Kadiyala & Avanidhar Subrahmanyam, 2004. "Divergence of US and Local Returns in the After-market for Equity Issuing ADRs," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 10(3), pages 389-411.
- Gagnon, Louis & Karolyi, G. Andrew, 2009.
"Information, Trading Volume, and International Stock Return Comovements: Evidence from Cross-Listed Stocks,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(04), pages 953-986, August.
- Gagnon, Louis & Karolyi, G. Andrew, 2007. "Information, Trading Volume, and International Stock Return Comovements: Evidence from Cross-Listed Stocks," Working Paper Series 2006-11, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014.
"A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-708, May.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arquette, Gregory C. & Brown Jr., William O. & Burdekin, Richard C.K., 2008. "US ADR and Hong Kong H-share discounts of Shanghai-listed firms," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1916-1927, September.
- Billy S.C. Mak & Asta M.S. Ngai, 2005. "Market Linkage for Dual-Listed Chinese Stocks," Chinese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(2), pages 88-107, March.
- Fang, Hsing & Loo, Jean C. H., 2002. "Pricing of American Depositary Receipts under Market Segmentation," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 237-252.
- Kutan, Ali M. & Zhou, Haigang, 2006. "Determinants of returns and volatility of Chinese ADRs at NYSE," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Chan, Justin S.P. & Hong, Dong & Subrahmanyam, Marti G., 2008. "A tale of two prices: Liquidity and asset prices in multiple markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 947-960, June.
- Kumar Patro, Dilip, 2000. "Return behavior and pricing of American depositary receipts," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-67, January.
- Su, Qian & Chong, Terence Tai-Leung, 2007. "Determining the contributions to price discovery for Chinese cross-listed stocks," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 140-153, April.
- He, Hui & Yang, Jiawen, 2011. "Regime-switching analysis of ADR home market pass-through," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 204-214, January.
- Kim, Minho & Szakmary, Andrew C. & Mathur, Ike, 2000. "Price transmission dynamics between ADRs and their underlying foreign securities," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(8), pages 1359-1382, August.
- Choi, Yoon K. & Kim, Dong-soon, 2000. "Determinants of American Depositary Receipts and their underlying stock returns: Implications for international diversification," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 351-368.
- Alaganar, V. T. & Bhar, Ramaprasad, 2001. "Diversification gains from American depositary receipts and foreign equities: evidence from Australian stocks," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 97-113, March.
- Zhang, Cinder Xinde & King, Tao-Hsien Dolly, 2010. "The decision to list abroad: The case of ADRs and foreign IPOs by Chinese companies," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 71-92, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hornstein, Abigail S., 2014.
"The impact of local governance institutions on foreign market listings: The case of Chinese firms,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 46-67.
- Abigail S. Hornstein, 2013. "The Impact of Local Governance Institutions on Foreign Market Listings: The Case of Chinese Firms," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2013-006, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eme:sefpps:sef-10-2016-0254 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1040-1056 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jamie Kang & Tim Leung, 2017.
"Asynchronous ADRs: overnight vs intraday returns and trading strategies,"
Studies in Economics and Finance,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 34(4), pages 580-596, October.
- Tim Leung & Jamie Kang, 2016. "Asynchronous ADRs: Overnight vs Intraday Returns and Trading Strategies," Papers 1611.03110, arXiv.org.
- Congsheng Wu & Ke Chen, 2015. "Return transmissions between ADRs and A-shares of dual-listed Chinese firms," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 41(5), pages 465-479, May.
More about this item
KeywordsChinese ADRs; Cross-listing; Homeless ADRs; Day and night returns;
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:36:y:2012:i:10:p:2795-2803. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.